• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, shitty, like over 8 assists per game, insane shooting stats and an actual run to get a playoff spot... Your definition of tanking, when you overrate the worst shooting PG in a decade who has the ball in his hands all the time and still manages to get less than 12 and 7 on the crappiest team.

I mean, Rafer Alston pretty much was in that situation with the Raptors and he sucked ass, but he would get numbers that DJ does not get.

The Rockets tried to get to the playoffs?

They actively made moves to get OUT of the playoffs wtf are you talking about? Shit, I could point to Derrick Brown's stats in April and call him a breakout player next year. But that'd make me a Raptors fan.

Anyone looking can tell that DJ didn't give a fuck past the deadline.

Gabyskra

Banned
It's the Knicks. He'll realize that on his way to the Garden and just decide to go do something else.

Tanking is beyond foolish and I doubt the Bobcats tanked. They're just that bad. The worst team in the league has gotten the #1 pick four times in 26 years. One could argue the fix was in to get LeBron on Cleveland.

It's just not smart. I think the worst team has gotten the number 4 pick the most amount of times as well.

It's not even that, they LOCKED the last place EARLY. They could have won many games after that if they wanted.

charsace

Dragic still isn't that good imo

He put up great late season tank stats one year when he's looked like ass for the majority of his career. That makes him a shitty PG version of Garbagnani.

Dragic is better than DJ and would have gotten 1 extra win for the Bobcats.

giri

The Rockets tried to get to the playoffs?

They actively made moves to get OUT of the playoffs wtf are you talking about? Shit, I could point to Derrick Brown's stats in April and call him a breakout player next year. But that'd make me a Raptors fan.

Anyone looking can tell that DJ didn't give a fuck past the deadline.

You're wrong about Goran, my man.

DY_nasty

Dragic is better than DJ and would have gotten 1 extra win for the Bobcats.
Dragic could barely look good with Nash on the court.

DJ had a crippled Wallace and consistently high Stephen Jackson and was one of the most efficient PGs in the league last year.

I don't blame the guy for taking a year off. And I don't put much stock in a guy for playing his ass off when the real star goes down in order to look good going into the off-season.
I mean, come the fuck on, Jarrett Jack, Kyle Lowry, Jrue Holliday... There are tons of no-name good PGs that shit on DJ, but there's the DY effect on GAF.
Lowry and Jrue are underrated?

charsace

DJ had a crippled Wallace and consistently high Stephen Jackson and was one of the most efficient PGs in the league last year.

I don't blame the guy for taking a year off. And I don't put much stock in a guy for playing his ass off when the real star goes down in order to look good going into the off-season.

DJ is pretty small while Dragic is one of the biggest pgs and he's a great athlete too. He's better at getting to the basket and finishing around it. Dragic is a better defender. He runs an offense better than DJ currently. I give DJ passing, midrange game and ball handling over Dragic and that's about it.

DJ has potential but I think Dragic has more potential.

giri

Buah?

NASH looked even better with Goran on the court.

Lets not make shit up here.

The only knock on Goran is that he hasn't done it for a full season. Hopefully he gets that oportunity.

Knicks apparently have some special things planned for pre-game and player intros. Chandler DPotY of course, and maybe get some of the old Knicks out for intros?
Lowry and Jrue are underrated?
I get Jrue because he's a idiot, but he's a young idiot with Doug Collins as his coach. Lowry is massively underrated.

DY_nasty

DJ is pretty small while Dragic is one of the biggest pgs and he's a great athlete too. He's better at getting to the basket and finishing around it. Dragic is a better defender. He runs an offense better than DJ currently. I give DJ passing, midrange game and ball handling over Dragic and that's about it.
I only disagree with the bolded.

When your starting SG is gifted an 58% asst rate and your bigs are either actively fucking you out of points (Diaw) or completely useless (Biyombo, Mullens, DJ White, Tyrus) and your best 3 point options are terrible (Matt "8-43" Carroll, NajerwhythefuckamIatthe3ptline, and Reggie Wiloliams) what can you reasonably expect?

I love DJ. But he has no mid-range game at all.

Gabyskra

Banned
When your starting SG is gifted an 58% asst rate and your bigs are either actively fucking you out of points (Diaw) or completely useless (Biyombo, Mullens, DJ White, Tyrus) and your best 3 point options are terrible (Matt "8-43" Carroll, NajerwhythefuckamIatthe3ptline, and Reggie Wiloliams) what can you reasonably expect?

The only starting PG in the past ten years that had such horrendous stats was Rafer Alston three years ago. But Alston played better D and, you know, won some games.

DY_nasty

The only starting PG in the past ten years that had such horrendous stats was Rafer Alston three years ago. But Alston played better D and, you know, won some games.
That has what to do with who he's playing with how?

Gabyskra

Banned
DIKEMBEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Frankman, I don't mean to snitch (okay I do), but I heard through the grapevine that people think that you legitimately rock out to the Friday Night Knicks song. Tell me it's a lie. In my mind, you're a sophisticated fellow with tongue in cheek humor and refined taste in entertainment.

charsace

That has what to do with who he's playing with how?

Come on man. DJ isn't the first pg to play on a bad team. Damon Stoudamire played for the expansion raptors. Iverson in his rookie year. Jason Kidd with the Mavericks. They played on bad teams and didn't look bad like their teammates. DJ looked bad like the rest of his team.

Fox318

It be nice if TNT used a little CGI magic to make this happen.

V0VII.jpg

At least the pain wouldn't feel as bad until we realized it was an illusion.

DY_nasty

Come on man. DJ isn't the first pg to play on a bad team. Damon Stoudamire played for the expansion raptors. Iverson in his rookie year. Jason Kidd with the Mavericks. They played on bad teams and didn't look bad like their teammates. DJ looked bad like the rest of his team.
Our expansion team had more talent than this one. If you really want to see some shit, check the stats for the team with and without DJ playing. Offensive efficiency takes a nose dive from merely somewhat bad to killyoself.

Guys like DJ White, Tyrus, and Henderson (for most of the season) were completely different without him there.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I expect a lot of talk tonight from Reggie about LeBron. Probably 95% of everything he says.

And right as I write that, he mentions LeBron.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
My brother is sitting right behind the Knick bench in the 2nd row.

I hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom