• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

lmfao@ people who don't think Fisher would have created a power struggle if we kept him.

He would have fought tooth and nail to keep his position. Mitch is a smart fucking man who has known Fisher for years and he knew that.

The point here is why do you keep blake and trade fisher? Both were playing horrible. What is the point of trading away a player(arguably a less crappy one) because of a power struggle to keep a worse player? Seriously.

The point here is why do you keep blake and trade fisher? Both were playing horrible. What is the point of trading away a player(arguably a less crappy one) because of a power struggle to keep a worse player? Seriously.

Blake has an extra year on the contract. Houston doesn't make the deal.

Cloudy

Banned
He barely touched the ball in the 1st half. Did you watch the game?

He did get the ball. He just couldn't do anything vs. the hard double and it stalled the offense

Oh come on dude... you can't sit here and deny that we went on our best run when Bynum was getting touches in the second half.

He got touches in the first half too. Just not shots

With the way Fareid and McGee are playing, we need Bynum playing D and rebounding. Let Kobe and Pau run the offense

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I already explained why you do it. One of these players could create a rift and the other one doesn't.

Blake has been terrible so far, yeah. But does anyone think Fisher would be doing that much better guarding Ty Lawson all series? And he'd also be playing heavier minutes because of his clout in the organization most likely. I mean just give me a fucking break...

linsivvi

Was houston the only team that the lakers could make the trade to?

Nobody was stupid enough to trade for either of them.

Except Morey the Wizard. Who was nice enough to gift us a serviceable backup center.

But then we have the stupid coach who didn't even bother to play him until the very last game of the regular season.

balddemon

Banned
so howd the playoffs go tonight folks? heard the lakeshow realized their average age is 52.

avengers is fucking superb. i recommend it.

Emwitus

mike brown is a fucking idiot playing sessions and blake at the same time.

At this point i've given up on arguing about his rotations. He had the whole season to develop ebanks, had half of it to try and get hill in, he ignored goudelock even though our perimeter shooting is atrocious and he continous to believe in the corpse blake that does nothing but attempt 3 after 3 with the occasional basket and his frustrating trade mark "oh, you just drove past me let me give you a nudge so you can go to the line" play. dumb.

Puddles

Banned
Kobe was 7/23 with 6 turnovers. Konex will argue they need to feed him more on offense.

Was a total team shittiness effort, though. Game was lost in the 28-2 run. Can't have that shit, ever. Can't start a game that way.

I was at work for the first half and assumed you were joking.

Shit, there was actually a 28-2 run?

At 5:56 in the 1st, it was 12-10 Lakers.

At 10:32 in the 2nd, it was 38-14 Nuggets.

I am really glad I didn't watch that.

linsivvi

Konex is only a Kobe fan. Bynum getting involved changed the game incredibly in the 3rd quarter.

What's funny is he used to hate on Pau and keep saying the Lakers should bench him. Now he's arguing for running plays with Pau and Kobe and ignoring Bynum. Guess he can't handle his boy not being the #1 option on the team.

I'd rather have Hill than Fish at this point.

Size almost always wins in the playoffs. The problem is our coach would rather play 2 PGs, when neither of them are particular outstanding.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
so howd the playoffs go tonight folks? heard the lakeshow realized their average age is 52.

avengers is fucking superb. i recommend it.
eh, only Kobe and Pau are really old.. *shrugs* And that wasn't even our problem tonight.

And as far as the playoffs go tonight, so far I'm more than happy with it. We took care of business at home, came back from down 24 in a hostile game, and Metta will only miss one game of round 2 if we close this series out properly.

I'm gonna rage if we lose on Sunday though.... I do not want to drop that fucking game. Period.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Eh, if Bynum plays out of his skin i can see the Lakers at least taking a few games.

Ii'm not sure Denver won't get swept.
I don't know. They were feeding Bynum early in the third tonight and he was doing well, but then when they started to immediately double when he caught in the post, he had like 2 or 3 turnovers and then they stopped feeding him. Guess they realized he has terrible court vision. Hack-a-Bynum won't work since he makes his free throws, but from what I saw tonight, Double-a-Bynum would take him out completely. Or was I the only one that noticed that?

aznpxdd

Meh, Mavs almost took a 2-0 lead on the Thunder. And they weren't even the type of games were Thunder were coasting and turned out to be a close game - they were genuinely close games. I ain't scared of them.

I don't know. They were feeding Bynum early in the third tonight and he was doing well, but then when they started to immediately double when he caught in the post, he had like 2 or 3 turnovers and then they stopped feeding him. Guess they realized he has terrible court vision. Hack-a-Bynum won't work since he makes his free throws, but from what I saw tonight, Double-a-Bynum would take him out completely. Or was I the only one that noticed that?

Bynum has (and still is) always been terrible at passing out of doubles. Usually he would either turn the ball over or force a really bad shot. Then whine at the ref for not getting the call.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You really want Fisher back?

Lawson and Miller would send his ass to the shadow realm

You really want Fisher back?

Lawson and Miller would send his ass to the shadow realm

tqUxz.gif

The problem is too often the Lakers (mostly Blake) don't recognize the double. They either pass into the double (Bynum is being zoned up before the entry pass) or they don't give him an outlet.

I pointed this out on his turnover in the 4th. Blake put the ball into him after being zoned up while Blake was on the wing but closer to the center than corner. Bynum doubled hard, he actively looks for someone in his sight-line and no one is there. Blake just stood still in a place where Bynum has no angle to pass.

Blake has to flash to the corner there to give Bynum an outlet to throw the ball back out. Because Bynum was zone doubled before the entry pass, he couldn't turn to pass across the court.

His teammates failed him. That's not to say Bynum doesn't have issues passing out of doubles. He definitely does. But his teammates often make it even harder on him. Too often they stand still doing nothing after passing it in from a poor angle.

Counter this to the 2nd quarter when Bynum got the ball at nearly the same spot. here Blake gave it to him and then flashed to the corner with Barnes setting up at the top of the circle. Bynum had to wave Blake to the corner because he was too stupid to do it himself (he also wasn't doubled, yet). Then he waited til Barnes man committed and passed to Barnes for a wide open 3 that he just missed.

The other players have to help Bynum out because he's slow with doubles. Bynum does make decent reads when they do it like Ebanks 1st shot of the game or the Barnes missed 3.They also do this to Pau and sometimes he gets TOs due to it. This is why I argue turnovers are sometimes very misleading.

aznpxdd

Rofl, I was just watching the Lakers vs. Nugs highlight on ESPN and when they mentioned Kobe, the dude said "but Kobe shot a Carmelo-Like 7 of 23!".

If Blake and Barnes are still around come the start of the 2012-13 season I give up being a fan of this team. When your centre has to direct your point guard you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Shadow780

Glasshole is one of the best nicknames in a while.

Thank You Amare.

When is Mike Brown not going to use 3 guard line-up, fuck this dumbass decision.

Emwitus

If Blake and Barnes are still around come the start of the 2012-13 season I give up being a fan of this team. When your centre has to direct your point guard you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I think last year and this, have had the worst additions to the team in a while with maybe the exception of hill and sessions.

giri

Get off it

Barnes is fine as a backup sg/sf.

And there are several C's around the league who have PG's who can't get them the ball in the right spot. Dwight, DMC just to start with.

DY_nasty

When your centre has to direct your point guard you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
Outside of Tim Duncan and Shaq, there hasn't been a great PF/C with a point guard who could reliably pass into the post this decade.

giri

Outside of Tim Duncan and Shaq, there hasn't been a great PF/C with a point guard who could reliably pass into the post this decade.

I wanted to say Amare, but he never played in the post.

KG is probably the next closest with Rondo. But by then KG was barely playing in the post.

Dirk and Kidd?

Conley and Z-Bo?

Your list is pretty spot on. There just aint many.

DY_nasty

I wanted to say Amare, but he never played in the post.

KG is probably the next closest with Rondo. But by then KG was barely playing in the post.

Dirk and Kidd?

Conley and Z-Bo?

Your list is pretty spot on. There just aint many.
Yeah, a lot of bigs don't really play in post these days. Not sexy enough.

Yao used to get screwed over on the regular. JVG was right.

giri

Yeah, i mean, even Dirk and Z-Bo have only started playing in the post a lot in the last 2 seasons.

It should be of no surprise it was their most successful though.

aznpxdd

Oh shit, I just discovered Hayward played SC2 professionally for a bit. No wonder Jeff's avatar is a Terran symbol, it all make sense!! Now I like the guy better too!

Portland almost upset Houston because almost no one could entry-post pass on that team. Ron Artest is the only one (he can still do it for LAL quite well).

Everyone talks about the mid range game being a lost art, but really entry-post passing is the skill that's nearly disappeared.

Kobe is the Lakers best entry-post passer and he's quite good at it. Too bad he doesn't opt to do it, though.

Dwight has the worst cast at this. It's comical watching Orlando. Dwight will seal his man, perfect angle for pass, then Reddick will swing it to Nelson who will get it to the opposite side to hedo. Dwight will come across the lane, re-seal, then hedo will chuck a 3 for no reason.

giri

Oh shit, I just discovered Hayward played SC2 professionally for a bit. No wonder Jeff's avatar is a Terran symbol, it all make sense!! Now I like the guy better too!

Woah Woah Woah.

When they were locked out he TRIED too.

but his rookie contract paid more than any SC2 player has made.

DY_nasty

Portland almost upset Houston because almost no one could entry-post pass on that team. Ron Artest is the only one (he can still do it for LAL quite well).

Everyone talks about the mid range game being a lost art, but really entry-post passing is the skill that's nearly disappeared.

Kobe is the Lakers best entry-post passer and he's quite good at it. Too bad he doesn't opt to do it, though.

Dwight has the worst cast at this, though. It's comical watching Orlando.
I have trouble understanding how Dwight deals with it... It seems like every other possession Dwight is beating his man down the court and establishing deep position then not seeing the ball. And on any given possession, Dwight will seal off his man multiple times as Orlando moves the ball along the perimeter. At first it makes you angry, then you wonder what kind of man Dwight is for putting up with that kind of stuff, then you just laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom