• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I was home while the game was on..Just by reading the previous couple of pages
So much
salty.jpg

on here during the Laker game...lol

giri

Wish I was home while the game was on..Just by reading the previous couple of pages
So much
salty.jpg

on here during the Laker game...lol

there were some pretty average calls.

But i doubt most of lakers-age were excited when they saw ramon and then blake shoot crunctime play off 3's. But they made them.

But i doubt most of lakers-age were excited when they saw ramon and then blake shoot crunctime play off 3's. But they made them.

I trust Ramon shooting in the clutch. He did it versus Dallas. Did it in game 2, too.

I don't worry about Ramon getting an open look. At all.

Blake has actually hit a few open clutch 3s. But I'm not looking forward to him taking them. Better than Kobe shooting over 3 players again, though.

giri

I trust Ramon shooting in the clutch. He did it versus Dallas. Did it in game 2, too.

I don't worry about Ramon getting an open look. At all.

Blake has actually hit a few open clutch 3s. But I'm not looking forward to him taking them. Better than Kobe shooting over 3 players again, though.

I'd never have thought it, but he's a surprisingly decent 3pt shooter, ramon.

Admittedly, off a very small sample size.

But that suits his role on the lakers just fine.

He made that clutch 3 but almost gave it back by missing 2 FT's...Blake easily should of put the game away with them

I'd never have thought it, but he's a surprisingly decent 3pt shooter, ramon.

Admittedly, off a very small sample size.

But that suits his role on the lakers just fine.

He's actually shot the ball well consistently for the entire season. I was worried about that when he came over, until after a few games someone asked him, and he said that's all he worked on during the summer.

It's paid off. I trust him shooting.

exarkun

A few tweaks as in they need a super star, better bench, etc.

wat...they have like the second best bench in the league

Gallo needs to step up. IF he became a superstar, they would have a naasty team. That and lawson needs to be more consistent with McGee developing his offense a little more.

I think they are one season away.

wat...they have like the second best bench in the league

Gallo needs to step up. IF he became a superstar, they would have a naasty team. That and lawson needs to be more consistent with McGee developing his offense a little more.

I think they are one season away.

Gallo will never be a superstar. I believe he's good enough to be a borderline all-star and legit #3 on a title team, but he doesn't have the makings of a superstar (he will be 24 next year, c'mon).

Lawson is a #2 at best. They're still missing a #1, that guy who gives you 22 every night .

I'd keep Lawson, Faried, Gallo, Afflalo and try to package anything else to get a star. Although, doubtful any would be available and I'd be willing to part with Faried for the right big.

Really, their ceiling is Indy East (only an offensive team). That's nice, but it's not enough to win a title.

giri

Gallo will never be a superstar. I believe he's good enough to be a borderline all-star and legit #3 on a title team, but he doesn't have the makings of a superstar (he will be 24 next year, c'mon).

Lawson is a #2 at best. They're still missing a #1, that guy who gives you 22 every night .

I'd keep Lawson, Faried, Gallo, Afflalo and try to package anything else to get a star. Although, doubtful any would be available and I'd be willing to part with Faried for the right big.

Really, their ceiling is Indy East (only an offensive team). That's nice, but it's not enough to win a title.

Now package everything and 2 picks for DMC.

DMC, Farried, Gallo, Afflalo, Lawson.

I wouldn't want any part of that team.

Emwitus

Is there even one person that would defend Lamar after this season? Are you this delusional?

I am.
"If the Lamar thing would have worked out and if he would have played like the year before when he was the best sixth man, I think we would have had a shot,'' forward Dirk Nowitzki, reffering to the Mavs' chances of advancing in the playoffs. "It would have given us another playmaker, another guy that’s long, that can defend and rebound.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/mavs/2012/05/odom-not-voted-a-playoff-share.html#storylink=cpy

Scapegoating. No dirk,your team sucked.

Emwitus

They're not making him a scapegoat. He simply doesn't deserve any of the money.

No one is defending Odom and saying he deserved to be paid or anything but dallas seems to have been deferring there suckage all year to him. In my opinion the only people who should be paid on that team are Marion, Kidd and dirk. Everyone else might as well have gone home with odom.

Gabyskra

Banned
No one is defending Odom and saying he deserved to be paid or anything but dallas seems to have been deferring there suckage all year to him. In my opinion the only people who should be paid on that team are Marion, Kidd and dirk. Everyone else might as well have gone home with odom.

Carlisle should have played Roddy and Mahinmi more.

Instead, he let Carter and Haywood suck it up.

Gabyskra

Banned
Just for fun, I checked how many games the Bobcats players got that were at least 20 & 10. Kemba Walker got one, DJ got 2, Mullens got 2, Boris got 1. That's it.

Gabyskra

Banned
lol. I think we can all agree this season was a wash for the mavs and another wasted year for his dirkness that he will never be getting back.

Dirk wasted it himself, he was not a role model. Carlisle made stupid rotation decisions. Cuban was stupid for letting Chandler go when he has no guarantee of getting a superstar and it meant throwing the season away. Odom was a big liability... Just many things went wrong.

I would also say they're really not that great, their title came because their role players played out of their minds and LeBron played at a Chris Quinn level (half of it good D, half of it I don't know what the fuck) for half the series.

Millsap on the Clippers is possibly one of the worst fits I've ever heard of, neither Griffin nor Millsap can long-term play any position other than PF.

I would also say they're really not that great, their title came because their role players played out of their minds and LeBron played at a Chris Quinn level (half of it good D, half of it I don't know what the fuck) for half the series.

Their role players sucked for the first four games of the Finals.

linsivvi

Carlisle should have played Roddy and Mahinmi more.

Instead, he let Carter and Haywood suck it up.

Outscored by Fisher in 3 of the 4 games while shooting 29%. He's not any better than Odom.

I don't see Dirk blaming him though.

Also, Odom was a gift. You don't put the blame on something that's free (other than Cuban's money, of which he has many).

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Rob Parker hosting First Take along with Skip and Stephen A Smith is probably the worst shit I've ever seen on TV. It's so bad I can't even turn this off because the trainwreck is amazing to watch.

RBH

Rob Parker hosting First Take along with Skip and Stephen A Smith is probably the worst shit I've ever seen on TV. It's so bad I can't even turn this off because the trainwreck is amazing to watch.

Rob Parker manages to be a bigger jackass than either of those two guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom