• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 or 2 sounds about right. They'll dominate the glass most likely, but teams can't beat OKC without forcing turnovers.

Honestly, watching Bynum last night vs Denver infuriated me as much as basketball can infuriate someone and I just don't see him being able to handle the defense of Ibaka. Bynum is such a dumb player when it comes to passing out. My god it's infuriating.

Jeff-DSA

Anatomy of an ACL Injury

good narrative piece on an acl tear from a hoopster playing overseas (sorry, i've never heard of him--Dan Grunfeld). reminds me of when i tore my acl :(

Reading this is quite similar to what I've gone through on a smaller scale with my ankle reconstruction. When he talks about having to re-learn how to move without thinking about it, that's where I'm at right now. I know my ankle is stable and I know that the supporting muscles are strong, but when I go to jump or cut hard, my body won't do it. If I'm standing around I can jump, but put me on the court where I'm thinking about making a pass or putting up a shot, and my foot and leg just don't respond naturally.

Coming back from a big surgery is hard. Luckily pro athletes get the best attention and a lot more disposable time to work on recovery. Who knows how well these guys will bounce back physically, but the mental recovery is just as hard.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Reading this is quite similar to what I've gone through on a smaller scale with my ankle reconstruction. When he talks about having to re-learn how to move without thinking about it, that's where I'm at right now. I know my ankle is stable and I know that the supporting muscles are strong, but when I go to jump or cut hard, but body won't do it. If I'm standing around I can jump, but put me on the court where I'm thinking about making a pass or putting up a shot, and my foot and leg just don't respond naturally.

Coming back from a big surgery is hard. Luckily pro athletes get the best attention and a lot more disposable time to work on recovery. Who knows how well these guys will bounce back physically, but the mental recovery is just as hard.

It was weird for me too. Everything was good until I tried to navigate a screen. Felt like a game of Battletoads.

Jeff-DSA

It was weird for me too. Everything was good until I tried to navigate a screen. Felt like a game of Battletoads.

The only way to beat Battletoads is with a Game Genie or with save states. Game is way too popular for how hard it is.

I love Battletoads.

DY_nasty

The only way to beat Battletoads is with a Game Genie or with save states. Game is way too popular for how hard it is.

I love Battletoads.

Only way for me to come off a screen now is to literally throw my defender into it.

I change direction just fine, but the conscious decision of holding myself that low and waiting for things to develop is...

Maybe with save states.

Only way for me to come off a screen now is to literally throw my defender into it.

I change direction just fine, but the conscious decision of holding myself that low and waiting for things to develop is...

Maybe with save states.

Man I fucking hated that speeder level....

Anybody know why Wade decided a fadeaway sideways three was a better idea than driving the lane to close out the Knicks game? Idiot.

So just read that The Baron's knee is a dislocated patella. How long is he going to be out?

Also, just watched that clip again. Looks disgusting.

DY_nasty

We're gonna need Rashard Lewis to show Black Falcon how to stand in the corner while looking invaluable

RBH

poster.jpg

CNBC will air a re-cut version of the Webby Award-winning documentary film "Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team" to a national audience on Monday, May 14th at 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific.

"Sonicsgate: Requiem for a Team" explores how a perfect storm of corporate greed and political impotence caused Seattle's 41-year NBA team to be ripped away in 2008, when it relocated to Oklahoma City and became the Thunder. Despite a loyal fan base fighting to save the Sonics in a strong basketball market, Seattle ultimately lost its only major professional sports team to win a championship, becoming the latest casualty of the sports-industrial complex.
http://sonicsgate.com/

Canuck76

Banned
I'd love to see Rashard back with the Magic next year. He's still better than Earl Clark and the other bums on the bench right now.

Rashard Lewis?

He was too old for the magic like 5 years ago bro.

Although i do miss those guys on the magic. Him, pietrus, gortat, carter, barnes.

They had a great bench. That 09 and 10 team really had a legit shot to win a chip.

GONDO GUESS WHAT DOCUMENTARY I'D RECOMMEND YOU WATCH

h3ro

So just read that The Baron's knee is a dislocated patella. How long is he going to be out?

Also, just watched that clip again. Looks disgusting.
Depends on how much damage he did to the patellar attachments.

Conservatively, 2-4 weeks in a brace if he didn't tear a lot of those attachments.

RYVAe.png

All this stuff is designed to keep the Patella from doing what Baron's did. So yeah.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Any of you want to photoshop me a nice Basketball Play of the Day cover photo?

please don't post a cover photo with D-Rose on the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom