• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how much damage he did to the patellar attachments.

Conservatively, 2-4 weeks in a brace if he didn't tear a lot of those attachments.

All this stuff is designed to keep the Patella from doing what Baron's did. So yeah.

FFFUUU. My knee hurts the more I think about it. I hope he gets better... I feel like his prime years were robbed away from him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So in a 7 game series do you guys like the 2-2-1-1-1 format or the 2-3-2 format better?

2-2-1-1-1. Not sure if it meshes with actual statistics (and it probably doesn't) but 2-3-2 has always felt like it's not really that big of a home advantage since the weaker team gets 3 of the first 5 games in their own building.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm trying to STFU and be respectful as I was instructed to do, but I have too many salt and sweep cracks to keep it in tonight.

I prefer 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Alrix

Has 2-3-2 ever been used outside of baseball? Now that I think about it a little more it might just be a product of how often they play games in baseball and can minimize travel time/cost. I can't think of it ever being used in anything else.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has 2-3-2 ever been used outside of baseball? Now that I think about it a little more it might just be a product of how often they play games in baseball and can minimize travel time/cost. I can't think of it ever being used in anything else.

???

NBA Finals is 2-3-2 dude.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
2-3-2 actually does favor the team with home court advantage more than 2-2-1-1-1 does. I guess it makes sense, in a 2-3-2 its more likely the team without home court will lose one of their 3 home games than in a 2-2-1-1-1.

Still prefer 2-2-1-1-1 though just because 2-3-2 is boring.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
you keep it to yourself or i might be forced not to root for the Spurs after tonight.

I couldn't cheer for a team that beat mine. NOOOOOOO It's Not Possible. Once the Spurs are done, it's on to WNBA and FIBA.

I love the top story on NBA.com
Nothing flashy
What the Jazz and Spurs lack in pizazz they've more than made up for with long-term success.

Yeah like boring the other team to death.

Gabyskra

Banned
If I was a Heat fan today, I'd be so mad at Dwyane Wade. I mean LeBron James clearly showed he was the very best in the world when he stood in the corner doing nothing perfectly, better than anyone I've ever seen.

The only things boring about the Spurs and Jazz is that the media doesn't cover them. The Deron Jazz teams were some of the most entertaining in the NBA pretty easily. This Spurs team is probably the most entertaining team in the NBA right now. Stockton was super fun to watch and is only considered more boring than guys like CP3 or Nash is because he didn't make demonstrations about how good he was or how much he disagreed with the refs.

DominoKid

if people gave a shit, they'd get covered.
nobody's talking about ORL/IND either because nobody gives a shit.
no stars + no interesting storylines + no drama = BOOOOOORING.

The only things boring about the Spurs and Jazz is that the media doesn't cover them. The Deron Jazz teams were some of the most entertaining in the NBA pretty easily. This Spurs team is probably the most entertaining team in the NBA right now. Stockton was super fun to watch and is only considered more boring than guys like CP3 or Nash is because he didn't make demonstrations about how good he was or how much he disagreed with the refs.

Stockton was amazing to watch, The Spurs...not so much.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm just going to have to admit something, and I apologize beforehand. I just don't care about the Spurs. I just find them boring. It's not even their play style, as I know that they're more fast paced, and they're clearly a well coached team. I've just grown so accustomed to thinking of them as boring that I continue to do so. I also think that they've had some terribly boring competition, as well. They've had horrendous Finals match ups, for instance.

thekad

Banned
Why would you expect a knicks fan to know what goes on in the finals?

IdontcareKobewhoMypreciousPSPFun-2.gif

giri

I'm just going to have to admit something, and I apologize beforehand. I just don't care about the Spurs. I just find them boring. It's not even their play style, as I know that they're more fast paced, and they're clearly a well coached team. I've just grown so accustomed to thinking of them as boring that I continue to do so. I also think that they've had some terribly boring competition, as well. They've had horrendous Finals match ups, for instance.

As may be.

They really aren't boring these days.

We're such passionated fans that not only does the Garden kick ass, this is the way we fill our computer seats.

Heat fans fill their car seats as they go watch the Dolphins in the spring.

Go cry in a corner while your team gets blown out on Wednesday you salty sombitch.....every fuckin post gotdamn

Gabyskra

Banned
Go cry in a corner while your team gets blown out on Wednesday you salty sombitch.....every fuckin post gotdamn

I'd go cry in a corner if there wasn't a 6'8" 250 pounds bald Heat player not doing shit occupying that place like it's Zuccotti Park.

And keep the insults to your own mother, I hear she likes dirty talk when pretending to be in that motherlover music video with TCB.

PBY

Banned
I'd go cry in a corner if there wasn't a 6'8" 250 pounds bald Heat player not doing shit occupying that place like it's Zuccotti Park.

And keep the insults to your own mother, I hear she likes dirty talk when pretending to be in that motherlover music video with TCB.
Oh you

Come on Gaby, don't go trollin the Heat fans. They know full well that their fans had to be taught how to fan up. That they have two banners hanging which aren't legitimate. That if they were to win this year that nobody would really accept it as being a legitimate championship. No need to rub it in their faces. It's better to legitimately lose than it is to illegitimately win.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
HowardBeckNYT
Baron Davis' knee injury much worse than thought: partial tear of patella tendon, complete tears of ACL and MCL. 12 month recovery

Yeah it was a nice career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom