• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
HowardBeckNYT
Baron Davis' knee injury much worse than thought: partial tear of patella tendon, complete tears of ACL and MCL. 12 month recovery

Yeah it was a nice career.

Ouch...glad he's always been good with his money. It's a shame how Baron's career went given his talent. He could've been one of the greatest PG's had he been better about his conditioning.

giri

Three ACL tears in the first round? That's weird, right?

And none of them happened to a player called Redd.

We've had a lot more cartlidge related injures over the last few years, but they were all big men (and roy...).

I'd say ACL/MCL/Platella (or tendon damage in general) is more likely in Guards because of the horizontal stress they put on their joints.

Where as bigs just have all that weight continually pounding on their knee's over a life time.

Emwitus

To be fair nobody gave the Heat a chance in hell against the Celtics last year and considering how they almost swept them I would be celebrating too.

And don't act like you're a holier than thou basketball fan. If the Knicks would've gotten Wade, Lebron, and Bosh most of Knicks-age would be spamming championship ring gifs before the season too...

Heh

Knicks should honestly be thinking about a full tear down and rebuild. At least keep lin and the young guns and try to get picks

Exactly but they won't be cause they run by a complete nincompoop ignorant manchild whose only claim to fame is his daddy. Just like the Lakers current decision maker in Jim Buss.

Exactly but they won't be cause they run by a complete nincompoop ignorant manchild whose only claim to fame is his daddy. Just like the Lakers current decision maker in Jim Buss.

We did well at the current trade deadline. He also went after Paul this offseason. It's true that Mitch is the man, but lets not blast Jim with these types of insults just yet.

Mr. Buss traded Fisher and 2 garbage picks for Ramon and Jordan Hill.

You shut your whore mouth.

You know that was financial more than anything else, come on.

We did well at the current trade deadline. He also went after Paul this offseason. It's true that Mitch is the man, but lets not blast Jim with these types of insults just yet.

Jim fired so many of the Lakers personnel who have been there for more than 30 years. It's inexcusable.

You know that was financial more than anything else, come on.

Except they're going to re-sign Ramon for more than they paid Fish. Did it help them financially? Sure.

They still improve the tea,.

Jim fired so many of the Lakers personnel who have been there for more than 30 years. It's inexcusable.

Jeanie does the business side, not Jim. And Daddy signs off on all of it.

Except they're going to re-sign Ramon for more than they paid Fish. Did it help them financially? Sure.

They still improve the tea,.

Jeanie does the business side, not Jim. And Daddy signs off on all of it.

NO! I don't believe it!! Jeanie is an angel!

Hill has been looking very good off the bench though. Most people don't get double doubles off the bench.

Yep, he's definitely taken the opportunity by the throat.

Holy shit

Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
As of a few hours before tip, tickets to Game 4 in Utah were going for $5 on StubHub. To Spurs fans. Not a lot of faith among Jazz faithful.

Holy shit

Jeff McDonald ‏ @JMcDonald_SAEN
As of a few hours before tip, tickets to Game 4 in Utah were going for $5 on StubHub. To Spurs fans. Not a lot of faith among Jazz faithful.

scared_medium.gif

giri

Knicks should honestly be thinking about a full tear down and rebuild. At least keep lin and the young guns and try to get picks

Except that they can't.

No matter what NBA-age would like to say, Melo is a top 3 SF, who they gave up a lot of their young roster for. He essentially can't be traded now.

Amare's contract isn't going anywhere.

And Tyson Is integral to them winning as he improves their defense a thousand fold.

And those 3 contracts a lone put them over the salary cap.

Their young players are also seemingly role players at best.
Lin ... jury is still very much out on Lin despite what many would like to think.

Shumpert is better than Fields, but is that really saying a lot? He'd be a decent SG next to Lin, but he needs to find his shot to help spacing or he'll be a Brewer in a few years.

Fields never kept on developing and looked so entirely lost for most of this year on offense. He doesn't know whether he's coming or going.

And then it's... JR Smith... Mike Bibby, Jarred Jeffries....

Eh, their only real hope is that Lin comes back from his injuries healthy and has added a bit more to his game, and watched tape of when he started to see Defenses that had figured out how to stop him.

They NEED Amare to have a good off season and come back with some bounce and athleticism. Who knows if thats even possible.

And they NEED Lin to make sure the offense flows when both Amare and Melo are on the floor, and to act like a floor general and tell both of them to F'off when appropriate.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I expected a lot of empty seats being as this game is starting REALLY early for Utah.

I'm just going to have to admit something, and I apologize beforehand. I just don't care about the Spurs. I just find them boring. It's not even their play style, as I know that they're more fast paced, and they're clearly a well coached team. I've just grown so accustomed to thinking of them as boring that I continue to do so. I also think that they've had some terribly boring competition, as well. They've had horrendous Finals match ups, for instance.

Stockton was amazing to watch, The Spurs...not so much.

If you like watching soulless machines.

I love the top story on NBA.com
Nothing flashy
What the Jazz and Spurs lack in pizazz they've more than made up for with long-term success.

Yeah like boring the other team to death.

thisIsWhyWeCanNeverBeFriends

Yeah the Jazz or Spurs havent had any Stars have they?

or you know .. good basketball.

The only things boring about the Spurs and Jazz is that the media doesn't cover them. The Deron Jazz teams were some of the most entertaining in the NBA pretty easily. This Spurs team is probably the most entertaining team in the NBA right now. Stockton was super fun to watch and is only considered more boring than guys like CP3 or Nash is because he didn't make demonstrations about how good he was or how much he disagreed with the refs.

Tony parker's been going off this whole year. Dude's a legit MVP candidate.

*brofist*

If anyone has been paying attention to the Jazz postgame comments, they'd know that not even the Jazz players think they can win..

Even before game 1 the rhetoric was all about "being competitive" with the Spurs, and learning from an experienced team about what it means to play in the playoffs. After game 3, Big Al basically said that he didn't think there is any stopping the Spurs winning the title, let alone this series.

Soooo

yah. I can't blame the fans much, even if that tweet is inaccurate. Other than Haywood's "we want to shock the world" comment before game 1, its been very defeatist.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If anyone has been paying attention to the Jazz postgame comments, they'd know that not even the Jazz players think they can win..

Even before game 1 the rhetoric was all about "being competitive" with the Spurs, and learning from an experienced team about what it means to play in the playoffs. After game 3, Big Al basically said that he didn't think there is any stopping the Spurs winning the title, let alone this series.

Soooo

yah. I can't blame the fans much, even if that tweet is inaccurate. Other than Haywood's "we want to shock the world" comment before game 1, its been very defeatist.
Didn't the Spurs fail to sell out a few Finals games once? I'm seriously asking, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.

Soooo

Except that the Utah papers are usually like that.

Whenever they met the Lakers for their annual exit party (last few years, anyway), their papers didn't even back them--"No chance" or something like that was their headline.
D-Will in the last two years just knew there was nothing he could do.

Also, Ding sets Abbot straight without saying a word about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom