• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
That's a lot of damage. You usually hear about a single torn ligament, two at worst... but when you start talking about all three being damaged, good grief.

B-Diddy was a truck alright... a Doritos delivery truck.

Edit: This post-season is cursed I tells ya. Remember the fallen.

HowardBeckNYT
Baron Davis' knee injury much worse than thought: partial tear of patella tendon, complete tears of ACL and MCL. 12 month recovery

Yeah it was a nice career.

Oh fuck that.....
It's a shame that without all of his injuries he would've been better than CP3

Financially he's good though..

Oh and Gaby no hard feelings....

540462_10150736037801852_589831851_9788932_1558948404_n.jpg

Oh fuck that.....
It's a shame that without all of his injuries he would've been better than CP3

Financially he's good though..

Oh and Gaby no hard feelings....

[IMGhttp://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb362/rlazaro817/540462_10150736037801852_589831851_9788932_1558948404_n.jpg[/IMG]

Did you forget how the heat acted after they won last years celtics series?

If I was a Heat fan today, I'd be so mad at Dwyane Wade. I mean LeBron James clearly showed he was the very best in the world when he stood in the corner doing nothing perfectly, better than anyone I've ever seen.
Except he wasn't just sittin in the corner. At least not ehen the "play" broke down.

To be fair nobody gave the Heat a chance in hell against the Celtics last year and considering how they almost swept them I would be celebrating too.

And don't act like you're a holier than thou basketball fan. If the Knicks would've gotten Wade, Lebron, and Bosh most of Knicks-age would be spamming championship ring gifs before the season too...

PBY

Banned
I just can't wait for this to be over wednesday, so the knicks fans can take their bitterness and salt to the loserbros thread.

To be fair nobody gave the Heat a chance in hell against the Celtics last year and considering how they almost swept them I would be celebrating too.

And don't act like you're a holier than thou basketball fan. If the Knicks would've gotten Wade, Lebron, and Bosh most of Knicks-age would be spamming championship ring gifs before the season too...

Wait, what? Nobody gave the Heat a chance? WTF?

I was reading it, 50-50 sounds about right. Many people expected the Heat to win. To argue that NOBODY did is ridiculous. Also, nobody knows what would have happened had Rondo not been lost for the series after his injury.

Gabyskra

Banned
Wait, what? Nobody gave the Heat a chance? WTF?

There were talks of them going 73-9... Yet they somehow became underdogs on the way. Didn't you know that the Mavs were always the favorite to win it all, that having homecourt against the Celtics did not mean shit, and that Rondo being hurt only accentuated the Celtics' chances?

People expected the Heat to win.

They hoped they did not.

It's like me saying Knicks in 4 this year. Of course it was not going to happen.

PBY

Banned
I was reading it, 50-50 sounds about right. Many people expected the Heat to win. To argue that NOBODY did is ridiculous. Also, nobody knows what would have happened had Rondo not been lost for the series after his injury.

Agree with both those points.

giri

That series came down to, as this years will, can KG give the celtics 20pts and 10+ rebounds every game.

If not. They can't win. If so, they have a chance of winning.

But most likely the Heat beat them in under 6.

Yeah, no one gave the heat a chance last year.

6X8WC.png

And almost everyone here changed their tune post-Perk trade with Shaq out. Stop trying to play this card.

PBY

Banned
And that is why you're Best Heat-Age member. You are what LeBron would be if he had heart. You are what DWade would be if he had character. You are what Bosh would be if he had a penis.

Lol reading this I was picturing some bizarro wizard of oz spinoff where the big three go off to seek those items.

Mrbob

Losing 4 in a row to the Heat sucked. However, potentially losing 4 straight to this shitty ass Sixers team feels worse, injuries and all.

The future doesn't look too bright either. Bulls fans, we need to hope Mirotic becomes the next Dirk in the NBA. Rose with McGirk 2.0 is trouble for the rest of the league.

Of course, it'll probably be at least a couple more years till he comes to the team.

Baron Davis :( :(

Dark Lord Brady was so salty about losing to ELIte that he used occult Nazi powers to take the ACLs of all players in New York. He got Shump, Mo Rivera and now B-Diddy.

Say what you will about Baron, but he gave his all to help us get to the playoffs. He could've sat on his hands and collected that amnesty dough without having to do jack shit, but he worked hard and came back to play, even though he wasn't fully healthy. I appreciate that.

So now the Knicks are guaranteed to match pretty much any MLE offer to Jeremy Lin, since they have zero PG depth. Fields is probably a goner. Smith is definitely a goner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom