• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srsly

Banned
Srsly?

I mean he's pretty good and he's young but that seems uh, pretty ridiculous.

Could is the key word. He doesn't need much, but a lot of people don't need much and never develop further. What makes me optimistic about Favors is that he has already developed quite well since entering the NBA, which shows that he has the work ethic, and his mechanics look good.

Emwitus

Just put this team out of it's misery...such a slow and painful one. I can't believe i'm watching a spurs-jazz game anyway.

giri

I would trade Blake Griffin for Derrick favors straight up

Thats a huge call.

Favors hasn't shown me anything that i'd say "much better than blake" over.

Apart from not being a pansy dipshit of course.

I really like that favors doesn't mess about and try and hide his size/physicality on either end, just gets in there and bodies people. And that speaks well of his future. If he can develop a post game he'll be putting up 20 & 10s easily.

But he's still raw offensively, more so than blake.

I don't even like Blake, but trading him for Favors would be so dum, fo real.

I suppose there's a chance he develops into something special, but Blake is obviously more developed despite all of his shortcomings at this point.

Thats a huge call.

I really like that favors doesn't mess about and try and hide his size/physicality on either end, just gets in there and bodies people. And that speaks well of his future. If he can develop a post game he'll be putting up 20 & 10s easily.

Favors hasn't had a major knee injury already though

giri

True, but Blair's game is a lot less dependant on explosive movements like Blake

Blake, like Rose, is lucky that if it was going to happen, it happened when they were young. It shouldn't be too much of a problem going forward, and it doesn't seem to have hampered blakes athleticism at all.

Canuck76

Banned
Thats a huge call.

That's what i kind of want to know. What's this kid's offensive game? (i don't watch a lot of jazz games) And he's a legit 7 footer isn't he?

Srsly

Banned
Favors hasn't had a major knee injury already though

I'm pretty sure Blake's knee injury was a freak accident and nothing more. I believe it was a hairline patella fracture which, unlike a ligament or tendon injury, doesn't really have any long-term implications. It's like breaking your arm. Put a cast on it, let it heal, and you're good to go.

giri

That's what i kind of want to know. What's this kid's offensive game? (i don't watch a lot of jazz games) And he's a legit 7 footer isn't he?

Based on his current stats, he'd be averaging about what Mill sap does, per 36 (about 15 & 9). And he's only 20 years old.

He's listed as only 6'10 but i wonder if that's from the draft... and if he hasn't grown some. He doesn't look 6'10.

But yeah, the big question is, what is his offensive game, when starting. Has he got a post game?

I can't say i've watched enough jazz ball this year to say. IWMTB19 or other jazz's might be able to better answer.

Favors is 6'10 and a half, he's been great defensively and rebounding and finishing, but he has to really improve his touch to become really good offensively. He could be Tyson Chandler with some more offensive moves, imo.

Srsly

Banned
Favors is 6'10 and a half, he's been great defensively and rebounding and finishing, but he has to really improve his touch to become really good offensively. He could be Tyson Chandler with some more offensive moves, imo.

Favors seems to have a better handle than Chandler and isn't retarded with the ball in one-on-one situations, unlike Chandler. And, again, he is only 20.

Not going to be able to post during the game. Someone use the correct Hollins fist for me when the time comes.

We'll see which of the following is posted at the end of the night.

jwhollins2_t607.JPG

or

117de5b7bb6d805ff4042503d103de04-getty-143935222.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom