• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spurs are obviously better than Clippers/Grizz, but I don't think I can put a number on the amount of games it will go.

Clippers are one of the worst teams in the NBA at defending the three and I think Diaw, Duncan, and Splitter would give Griffin a lot of problems, might end in 5 if it's Spurs-Clippers...

This series is so weird. It feels like MEM is the better team without a doubt but...

they're playing like absolute ass. I'm surprised they are making so many mental mistakes. Maybe Battier was a calming influence last year?

61% FG 42% 3pt 100% FT

Up by 6.

Not just this game, the entire series.

Nonetheless, the bigger problem for Memphis has been some crazy hot shooting from the L.A. side. Despite the Grizzlies' inexcusable inattention on missed free throws, something that has cost them two games, they haven't been bad on the glass overall; combined with their special knack for forcing turnovers, the Griz have limited the Clippers to the fewest shots per possession of any playoff team.

Unfortunately, L.A. is making all of them. The Clips are at 45.1 percent on 3s and 51.2 percent on 2s, giving them the third best true shooting percentage (TS%) in the playoffs despite converting only 60.6 percent from the line.

This series is so weird. It feels like MEM is the better team without a doubt but...

they're playing like absolute ass. I'm surprised they are making so many mental mistakes. Maybe Battier was a calming influence last year?

Agree on the first thing. combination of mental mistakes + clippers shooting far above their heads.

Sumidor

This one is a toughie
It was, but at least lebron and wade are legit superstars. Whereas griffin doesn't deserve the praise he gets IMO. And the clippers as a whole, Caron is the only player I don't fully dislike. If the any other clipper got punched in the face, I would be an instant fan of whoever punched them.

Clippers in 3 games have efg% of 57%. The Spurs led the regular season at 53%...

If the regression to the mean doesn't come now, it will come hard versus Spurs. I think they lose in 5. They play no D.

I really like the hustle Bledsoe plays on D. He may be our only guard who can play any sort of man D. Paul gambles a lot but typically needs help. Foye and Mo can't guard anyone.

thekad

Banned
Clippers in 3 games have efg% of 57%. The Spurs led the regular season at 53%...

If the regression to the mean doesn't come now, it will come hard versus Spurs. I think they lose in 5. They play no D.

So they'll shoot better from the line, cause more turnovers, and get more rebounds.

So they'll shoot better from the line, cause more turnovers, and get more rebounds.

hardly. Their rebounding has been about as you'd expect. FT doubtful since the bench plays less (and shoots better).

They'll TO less for sure (Memphis is tops at forcing TOs, I believe). But it won't matter since the Spurs are better at scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom