• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afro Swag
yTJpM.jpg

look at nick young trying so hard to trend or be different, its so cute

edit: that chest hair

nvm tats... sigh

Emwitus

Memphis is the better team, but they're letting LA do exactly what they want which is letting Chris Paul get comfortable. This series really comes down to who's the worse coach. Paul masks del Negro's ineptitude, and I don't think Hollins can spell the word 'adjustment'. Hollins is especially awful. His 'adjustments' cost the Grizz all 3 of their losses and will prolly cost them this series. I just don't get it- WHY does he insist on keep running ISO plays for Rudy Gay? Why does he not preach HELP defense? Why does he NEVER look inside when he has Z-Bo AND Gasol? Why do you not expose Reggie Evans? Why do you not trap cp3 off the pick and roll and force him to pass? SMH... If I owned the Grizz, I am getting Jerry Sloan on the phone ASAP!

Does chris paul EVER panic?

masud

Banned
Dudes are trying to win. If they're not gonna be penalized for it then why should they stop? Fuk your integrity clowns.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Dudes are trying to win. If they're not gonna be penalized for it then why should they stop? Fuk your integrity clowns.

when the ball is in play.. I cant even be mad at them.. but that was pretty bad..

Clipps are pathetic. THey literally flop or complain on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in the paint. No exaggeration. Every time CP3 or Blake make a play inside they come out holding their head or their eye and looking at the refs. CWebb is right, this shit will catch up to them and no refs or opposing players will have an ounce of respect for them. League needs to crack down on this shit in the offseason.

giri

Clipps are pathetic. THey literally flop or complain on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in the paint. No exaggeration. Every time CP3 or Blake make a play inside they come out holding their head or their eye and looking at the refs. CWebb is right, this shit will catch up to them and no refs or opposing players will have an ounce of respect for them. League needs to crack down on this shit in the offseason.

hahahahahaahahaa

hahahahahhhhhhhahahahahaha

you think the refs in the NBA have any shame? or integrity?

The guys who are known to be fixing games for debts, and for stern?

hahahahahaha riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This shit will keep on going on until people start getting $100k fines for it. And every Time.

hahahahahaahahaa

hahahahahhhhhhhahahahahaha

you think the refs in the NBA have any shame? or integrity?

The guys who are known to be fixing games for debts, and for stern?

hahahahahaha riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This shit will keep on going on until people start getting $100k fines for it. And every Time.

I think the refs don't like to be made fools of, and that's what flopping essentially is. Eventually they will start giving guys a rep for it and not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

giri

I think the refs don't like to be made fools of, and that's what flopping essentially is. Eventually they will start giving guys a rep for it and not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Except that its been going on for years, for decades, and the guys who are prolific at it are still getting the calls for it.

No, it won't ever be called until the media publicly shame the NBA into doing something about it. And that would mean calling out a bunch of star players who have made a living doing that and hence, isolating the media from those players.

i.e. it's never going to happen.

I honestly wouldn't feel bad if either CP3 or Blake took a MWP style elbow to the head at this point.

Except that its been going on for years, for decades, and the guys who are prolific at it are still getting the calls for it.

No, it won't ever be called until the media publicly shame the NBA into doing something about it. And that would mean calling out a bunch of star players who have made a living doing that and hence, isolating the media from those players.

i.e. it's never going to happen.

I honestly think the Clippers are taking it to a whole new level. Yes flopping has always been around, but even the players that were good at it used it at certain points, to draw a charge for example. Blake and CP literally flop on EVERY SINGLE contact. Whoever said above that it's instinctual hit ht nail on the head. They've done it so much at this point I don't' think they even do it on purpose, it's just a natural reaction for them.

giri

I honestly wouldn't feel bad if either CP3 or Blake took a MWP style elbow to the head at this point.

I dont wish injury upon players. But if CP3 tears his knee apart flopping and does the final damage to it that ends his career this play offs, i honestly would struggle to feel bad about it.

masud

Banned
when the ball is in play.. I cant even be mad at them.. but that was pretty bad..

Hey the ref could have called a T there which would have lead to more points for his team. And even if the ref caught him there are no rules saying that he can be penalized for it so why not?

edit: And Miami is Just as bad as flop city.

Nelo Ice

Banned

I honestly think the Clippers are taking it to a whole new level. Yes flopping has always been around, but even the players that were good at it used it at certain points, to draw a charge for example. Blake and CP literally flop on EVERY SINGLE contact. Whoever said above that it's instinctual hit ht nail on the head. They've done it so much at this point I don't' think they even do it on purpose, it's just a natural reaction for them.

It's honestly getting sad seeing them flop even when there's obviously no contact to sell the flop. The clips are selling their flops like Ziggler, so I'm surprised Blake hasn't added a 360 or a corkscrew to his rebounding flops.

I just upgraded my Mac Air to OS X Lion, so I can now finally see SunhiLegend's godly gifs without Safari hanging for 5 minutes!

Feels like I just stepped out of the stone-ages.

linsivvi

I don't want them to be hurt, but if they hurt themselves while flopping, it would've been totally justified. That Griffin flop to the floor after dunk, he could've hurt himself very easily.

Gotta admire them on some level. They are living a full life of floppers. Whenever they put on a uniform, they'll flop on anything. It takes a tremendous amount of dedication in order to do that.

What kills me is the after whistle flopping. It's one thing to fall down on contact during the game, but the continual OW MY EYE or cp3 gets brushed by and he falls on his face BS is starting to really get to me.

And Blake whines about EVERY CALL against him. He's worse than Sheed.

i came into this season hoping some success for the Clips (as long as its below lakers, of course) and as mentioned i'm a huge CP3 fan and I really liked Blake's game. But I'm at the point where I am about to really root against them.

Between them and their color analyst's homerisms, the team is infuriating. At least they haven't corrupted Butler. yet.

aznpxdd

And Adam conveniently avoids the flopping talk.

I seriously wonder how it feels to be a non-homer Clippers fan. Can't ever see myself supporting a team that blatantly flops every chance they get.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I seriously wonder how it feels to be a non-homer Clippers fan. Can't ever see myself supporting a team that blatantly flops every chance they get.
Werent alive when Vlade was on your team?

Why are Lakers fans of all people threatened by the Clippers doing well?

Scooter is pretty classy too, wishing elbows on other players. Typical of the Laker fanbasr on GAF.

masud

Banned

He actually did comment on it, called you all salty (you are) but then he edited his post to that picture.

jjasper

Why did Hollins use 2 TOs on Fts. holy fuck, so stupid.

I don't understand it. He finally does a somewhat decent job with the rotations and he pulls that shit? Man is an idiot.

Oh well too bad that Speights shot at the end of the half wasn't reviewed (if it could have been).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom