• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

Werent alive when Vlade was on your team?

Alive, but didn't watch the NBA back then. Plus, that's one player. Flopping is pretty much Clipper culture at this point.

Why are Lakers fans of all people threatened by the Clippers doing well?

Scooter is pretty classy too, wishing elbows on otherbpkayers. Typical of the Laker fanbasr on GAF

Just Lakers fans? Pretty sure at this point Clippers is one of the most unliked teams in the league due to their flopping ways. By both fans and other teams.

Alive, but didn't watch the NBA back then. Plus, that's one player. Flopping is pretty much Clipper culture at this point.

That's like me saying Thuggery is part of Laker culture with Artest and Bynum...

... oh wait.

No, I only see the vitriol on GAF mainly from Lakers fans. So, citation is needed, azn.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Yeah, you didnt watch that era of Lakers then..

Nor the Spurs during their half court era...

Really Blake and CP3 are only two players... But once players see that it works the whole team pitches in...

jjasper

Just Lakers fans? Pretty sure at this point Clippers is one of the most unliked teams in the league due to their flopping ways. By both fans and other teams.

After watching them for 5 games it is clear they are coached to do it as they all do it (except Butler for what I can tell) and they all do the exact same thing. If it has gotten the point where a team is being coached to flop and it is helping them win in the playoffs the league has to step in next year or it is just going to get worse.

Gabyskra

Banned

If you have Spurs - Heat in the NBA Finals, you can be sure it will be just like last year when everyone was against the villains.

Sharp

Afro Swag
yTJpM.jpg
Look at this classy motherfucker right here.

Wtf is goin on here? Why are all ya'll mad at the clippers for floppin when they wouldnt do it if the refs would stop rewarding them? Damn, theyre trying to win here. Blame the refs.

Also, why are so many in Lakers age hating on the Clippers of all teams? Really?REALLY? Its the equivalent of the Michael Jordan picking on Kwame motherfuckin Brown.

h3ro

Wtf is goin on here? Why are all ya'll mad at the clippers for floppin when they wouldnt do it if the refs would stop rewarding them? Damn, theyre trying to win here. Blame the refs.

Also, why are so many in Lakers age hating on the Clippers of all teams? Really?REALLY? Its the equivalent of the Michael Jordan picking on Kwame motherfuckin Brown.
Finally, a heat fan with some common sense.

Owzers

I guess the Clippers are my "Hollywood as Hell" team of choice. If you're going to contend with OKC and the Heat, if that's the goal, your stars are going to have to get flop star calls.

Lakers age is saltiest when Clips get a win. Shit is hilarious

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Damn just read the BDiddy injury. It sucks that his career ends like that.

Hopefully he recovers well enough to not need a cane or something.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's

Vlade was the Pioneer, Founder, Creator, and CEO of Flopping. How dare you relegate his stature as just being "one player".

Refs are bound by the rules. Even if someone gets a rep for flopping refs are obligated to call each play as unbiased as possible. Even if a ref witnesses a flop the best they can do is to determine if the play sans flop is whistle worthy. The game being so fast paced puts them in a position to be fooled regularly.

Post game reviews of flops need to be done sooner rather than later to take the pressure off of the refs.

Lakers age is saltiest when Clips get a win. Shit is hilarious

I really don't care. I'd rather have the Lakers meet the Clips rather than Spurs/Memphis if they get out of OKC, but I REALLY thought Memphis would win this series. My God, the breakdowns in GM 1+3.

Refs are bound by the rules. Even if someone gets a rep for flopping refs are obligated to call each play as unbiased as possible. Even if a ref witnesses a flop the best they can do is to determine if the play sans flop is whistle worthy. The game being so fast paced puts them in a position to be fooled regularly.

Post game reviews of flops need to be done sooner rather than later to take the pressure off of the refs.

The prob with the flops is that there is almost no repercussions for doing so; maybe just looking dumb or not helping out your team defend if you commit a TO. Seems like a huge gamble but it's really not... If you get a successful flop, you go to the other line AND the guy defending you gets a foul against him. Honestly, the way that it is set up, I'm surprised there's not that many floppers out there. It's so much BS.

linsivvi

Most people are pretty sick of watching flopping, Lakers age just happens to be the biggest contingent of posters here that are still up to watch the games.

You spit the truth. Respect +1.

I still like CP3 as a player. I just don't think he needs to resort to such incessant flopping in order to do well.

linsivvi

I don't think it's only that though. Some of it is pure salt.

It would make sense if they did better than the Lakers in the regular season, but they didn't.

As it stands both teams are going to be 2nd round fodder anyway.

People just don't like the Clippers. Nearly everyone here are rooting for the Grizzlies. I don't know why some of you keep singling out Laker fans. It's pure BS.

What kills me is the after whistle flopping. It's one thing to fall down on contact during the game, but the continual OW MY EYE or cp3 gets brushed by and he falls on his face BS is starting to really get to me.

And Blake whines about EVERY CALL against him. He's worse than Sheed.

i came into this season hoping some success for the Clips (as long as its below lakers, of course) and as mentioned i'm a huge CP3 fan and I really liked Blake's game. But I'm at the point where I am about to really root against them.

Between them and their color analyst's homerisms, the team is infuriating. At least they haven't corrupted Butler. yet.

I came into this season pretty excited about them but now I have a hard time disliking any team more than them.

But lets be honest here Lakers Age, if CP3 was on the Lakers floppin in the wind, ala Divac, there wouldn't be hate coming from us. Don't even lie.

I would have a full time job editing gifs to add 8 inches to peoples elbows, knees and heads. CP3 don't flop bitches!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I hate Bynum and wants him traded years ago.

Well thats different since he's one of the laziest and dumb players in the league. He couldn't care less about coming to play every night. That isn't the case with CP3. Dude wants to win and is a bonafide leader.

Yea the Heat don't flop as much as the Clippers. Our flopping is relegated to Lebron and Wade this season (Bosh had the flop of the year last season)

Ok, that is pure BS. The Heat are the Clippers of the East in floppage.

But lets be honest here Lakers Age, if CP3 was on the Lakers floppin in the wind, ala Divac, there wouldn't be hate coming from us. Don't even lie.

I don't like shit if it's on my favorite team or not. Bynum's a punk for the Barea smash, Metta is a dick for the Harden bow. I would hate to see the team star flopping every which way.

It sucks that Paul does it so often. He was ice cold late in the game last night and yet we're discussing his ballet of flops instead. It takes away from his greatness.

I don't like shit if it's on my favorite team or not. Bynum's a punk for the Barea smash, Metta is a dick for the Harden bow. I would hate to see the team star flopping every which way.

It sucks that Paul does it so often. He was ice cold late in the game last night and yet we're discussing his ballet of flops instead. It takes away from his greatness.

But again, why shouldn't he do shit to help his team if the league is going to let him? I place 100% of the blame on the league for letting him do this shit. He's the equivalent of the troll and there isn't a Bish or Ace to put him in his place :(

Owzers

Yea the Heat don't flop as much as the Clippers. Our flopping is relegated to Lebron and Wade this season (Bosh had the flop of the year last season)

It's the stars that matter since they get the calls. No one shed a tear for Galo when he died on the floor. YNB/Harden, Lebron/Wade/Bosh, Paul/Blake, they'll be the ones making the flop difference in the playoffs. I'd include Durant but since the league changed the rules he doesn't try to rip through on jump shots as much.

It's the stars that matter since they get the calls. No one shed a tear for Galo when he died on the floor. YNB/Harden, Lebron/Wade/Bosh, Paul/Blake, they'll be the ones making the flop difference in the playoffs. I'd include Durant but since the league changed the rules he doesn't try to rip through on jump shots as much.

And thats my point. The league changed the rules, the players adapted. If the league isn't going to put a stop to the floppage why the hell should the players? It's the equivalent of unwritten rules in baseball. Until the rules change, fuck the unwritten rules.

But again, why shouldn't he do shit to help his team if the league is going to let him? I place 100% of the blame on the league for letting him do this shit. He's the equivalent of the troll and there isn't a Bish or Ace to put him in his place :(

It's an NBA honor system at this point and CP3 has none. He is a troll and the NBA should crackdown on rules regarding it, but he's still the troll. You can place the majority of the blame on a slow to action league, but he still deserves to be called out and embarassed for his actions.

It's an NBA honor system at this point and CP3 has none. He is a troll and the NBA should crackdown on rules regarding it, but he's still the troll. You can place the majority of the blame on a slow to action league, but he still deserves to be called out and embarassed for his actions.

Oh, he's a troll alright and I don't mind calling him a troll but just am saying the onus is purely on the NBA's shitty shoulders.

he's not denying it, he won't acknowledge it.

like heat fans and *culture

fixed

Nori Chan

i would be like oh wow thats the biggest flop of all time in my head and id be shouting WHAT A FUCKING FOUL

its like bynum and his constant traveling down low i just look the other way saying oh wow

i would be like oh wow thats the biggest flop of all time in my head and id be shouting WHAT A FUCKING FOUL

its like bynum and his constant traveling down low i just look the other way saying oh wow

I'd trade Bynum so quick for CP3 at this point. Yea, Bynum is more important due to this being the worst era of big men since like, Mikan, but he just angers me so much due to his lethargic and lazy play.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Bulls are apparently going to match Asik's offers, and keep him. Idiots. This team is going to get swallowed in bad contracts for years to come.

Nori Chan

I'd trade Bynum so quick for CP3 at this point. Yea, Bynum is more important due to this being the worst era of big men since like, Mikan, but he just angers me so much due to his lethargic and lazy play.

Has cp3 signed an extention?

maybe he'll troll clipper land and opt out and sign with the lakers and we can trade bynum and sessions for something sexy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom