• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

And thats my point. The league changed the rules, the players adapted. If the league isn't going to put a stop to the floppage why the hell should the players? It's the equivalent of unwritten rules in baseball. Until the rules change, fuck the unwritten rules.

So you're saying, blame the police and don't blame the criminal because the police are in bed with them, when in fact you should blame both parties.

I'd trade Bynum so quick for CP3 at this point. Yea, Bynum is more important due to this being the worst era of big men since like, Mikan, but he just angers me so much due to his lethargic and lazy play.

No, my knock against CP3 is the health issue. Nobody knows how long he can play like this. If you're gonna trade that piece of shit that is Bynum, at least find somebody who's more durable.

And last season i was bombarded because i hated flops so much that i suggested the league shouldn´t call offensive fouls on those charges to the basket.

Now i look and see that everybody has had enough with flopping.

So, GAF, how about not calling offensive fould anymore on those situations? Of course that doesn´t mean you can go Karl Malone on the defender (kicking), but it sure as hell would help eliminate flopping.

Players would have to either go for the block or just deal with it.

And last season i was bombarded because i hated flops so much that i suggested the league shouldn´t call offensive fouls on those charges to the basket.

So, GAF, how about not calling offensive fould anymore on those situations? Of course that doesn´t mean you can go Karl Malone on the defender (kicking), but it sure as hell would help eliminate flopping.

LeBron and Dwight average 45 PPG each.

linsivvi

That's crazy. Just do post game review and hand out fines and/or suspension. That's more effective that way.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

That's entirely different.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So speaking of Bynum my friend legitimately thinks Bynum is a superstar and would take him over Dwight. Yeah I face palmed and could not believe what I was hearing. Granted this is coming from the guy who doesn't believe his Clips flop that much and he also wonders why they're so reviled. Of course he also believes many other questionable things such as Richard Jefferson having value and Joe Johnson being a great player.

It takes practice. During my last year of college ball I could whip my hair back and forth whenever I wanted.
My dad was constantly teaching me how to sell a charge but I'd go and practice on my jumpshot rather than throw myself on the floor instead.
(Filipino ball players are notorious for flopping)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
My dad was constantly teaching me how to sell a charge but I'd go and practice on my jumpshot rather than throw myself on the floor instead.

Well, I couldn't shoot for shit. So there.

So speaking of Bynum my friend legitimately thinks Bynum is a superstar and would take him over Dwight. Yeah I face palmed and could not believe what I was hearing. Granted this is coming from the guy who doesn't believe his Clips flop that much and he also wonders why they're so reviled. Of course he also believes many other questionable things such as Richard Jefferson having value and Joe Johnson being a great player.

What do you mean Bynum travels?? What? The offense doesn't stop when he catches it!

Jeff-DSA

Raja Bell says he probably won't be back next season with the Jazz.

tumblr_m3m8zqFEpu1qcoa6s.gif

The funny thing is that I think the Clippers would actually be more effective defensively if they relied more on steals than trying to draw the charge. They have played really, really good defense in the 4th quarter of all 3 of their victories this series and that was primarily because they lunged for the ball instead of trying to fall over from a gust of wind. I agree, though, that until the rule changes, it's a valid strategy as long as it works. If they got rid of offensive fouls altogether, you'd be relying a lot more on big guys without much basketball talent whose sole purpose is to be a brick wall. I wouldn't be opposed to post-game fines in theory, but it would be difficult to draw a line to where you'd define an obvious flop versus a deceivingly hard hit.

real talk. im filipino and every asian league i've played in, nobody plays d and would rather take the charge/flop.

Nori Chan

jason richardson one of the hardest hitting guards in the league

cant stop g hill george hill put the team on his back doe

FUCK YOU GUMBY

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Hayward averaged 7.3PPG on 18FG% in 30.8MPG in the playoffs? Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom