• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck76

Banned
I don't even feel like watching the second half. This was an absolute disgraceful showing by the officiating crew. If you are going to call the game tight DO IT BOTH WAYS. I don't care about some of the foul calls, but the fact is that the Heat have been mugging the Knicks all game with no repercussions.

If I'm a Knick player after this game I go on a full on tirade. Absolutely disgusting.

Completely fucking agree. Indefensible. 2nd quarter one of the worst quarters of basketball i've ever seen, any fricking league. Knicks can't even drive because they know they'll get called. They can't contest any shots because they know it'll get called.

They don't do both things and Lebron flops all over the place.

Now Lebron's feeling it because he has a frigging 20pt lead built up by the refs.

Screw this game

VPhys

Why did Lebron flail his arms up in the air and contort his body backwards when momentum was clearly pushing him the other way.

Most talented team on the floor today is the officiating crew.

Believe.
Why did Lebron flail his arms up in the air and contort his body backwards when momentum was clearly pushing him the other way.
Giving glory to God

lebronpraisesjesus.jpg
lebronpraisesjesus.jpg
lebronpraisesjesus.jpg
lebronpraisesjesus.jpg

Puddles

Banned
James went fucking beast mode at the end of that quarter. They opened that shit wide open. Looking at the halftime score, you would never guess that the game was fairly neck and neck until around 3m left in the second.

Bron didn't really do anything that the refs didn't give him. I guess he made two nice shots. Whatever. That B.S. flagrant opened the door to both of them.

SamuraiX-

It was a terrible flop and a flagrant 1 at best.

Miami's basically getting a free ticket to the Finals if these calls keep up and if Rose doesn't come back for the Bulls.

DCX

DCX
I love the instinctive delayed body jerking.

It's three fold. Solid contact. Terrible delayed flop. Broken neck.

Then of course like a Phoenix, knocks down two free throws, four point play and trains down the lane for another and 1.

DCX

Srsly

Banned
I love the instinctive delayed body jerking.

His neck snapped back violently. I've had the same thing happen to me and it takes a second for the pain to set in.

I love how people are acting like what Chandler did couldn't possibly hurt James. Let's see you stand there and have a 7' guy run into your upper back / neck area with their forearms. Or I'll do it, and I can guarantee I'll make it hurt.

PBY

Banned
He clearly takes a bump to the back of the head area.

I honestly cant believe you people are defending Chandler here. That shit was dirty.

People are either being blinded by the fact that its Lebron, or they've never been in a situation where theyve taken a shot, OF ANY INTENSITY, to your unprotected back/neck area. ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT if Lebron wasn't looking at him but he was planted, and just ran into him- CHANDLER EXTENDED- DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS? Lebron's a tank, so he luckily was fine, but that kind of shit is DIRTY.

You know what? We're all Knicks-Gaf today

THIS GAME IS UTTER SHIT

No thanks.

It's just really apparent that if the refs called the game evenly like they should Knicks would ne down less than 21. They'd probably still be down, but Heat fans can't even be proud of this performance, it's tainted. Perhaps the entire series too.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Yeah, people are ignoring Lebron's neck snapping back instantly and focusing on the delayed flailing.

DCX

DCX
He clearly takes a bump to the back of the head area.

I honestly cant believe you people are defending Chandler here. That shit was dirty.

WTF are you watching? He hit him in the back. The head didn't contact anything. Whiplash at best. Really how can anyone tell when his entire body hurt somehow on that one play... surprised his vagina didn't fall out of his shorts.

DCX

People are either being blinded by the fact that its Lebron, or they've never been in a situation where theyve taken a shot, OF ANY INTENSITY, to your unprotected back/neck area. ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT if Lebron wasn't looking at him but he was planted, and just ran into him- CHANDLER EXTENDED- DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THAT IS? Lebron's a tank, so he luckily was fine, but that kind of shit is DIRTY.
ok trax.

Maxim726X

Still not flagrant... Really no salient argument for that one.

Misterhbk

He was trying to take him out. A flagrant 1 is absolutely justified there.

Either way doesn't matter. Refs sucked but the Knicks went into full meltdown there. LBJ getting in somebody elses head in the playoffs, that shit is weak.

with a screen? if he was trying to take him out, I'm sure Chandler could do a lot better than a screen.

h3ro

I wonder if Woodson does something drastic like splitting up Melo and Amare.

Having Amare coming in off the bench might open up the floor a little for Melo. Maybe even trying some pick and rolls.

Only thing is, Knick aggressiveness is likely gonna be tempered by how tightly they're being called right now.

We're gonna need Melo/JR/Novak to chuck us back into this one. Lebron is gonna get his tonight, but damned if we can't stop the rest of that scrubbed out roster from doing anything.

DCX

DCX
His neck snapped back violently. I've had the same thing happen to me and it takes a second for the pain to set in.

I love how people are acting like what Chandler did couldn't possibly hurt James. Let's see you stand there and have a 7' guy run into your upper back / neck area with their forearms. Or I'll do it, and I can guarantee I'll make it hurt.

Srsly

?

DCX

Chandler fouled him, but thats no flagrant. Also Bron flopped like a motherfucker. You're delusional as fuck.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

lol. So half of the screens in the NBA are flagrants.

diehard

Fleer
tbh i would have called it flagrant at first sight too, it looked like Chandler leaned a lot and Lebron got hit pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom