• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazz game starts In an hour!!! Please at least make a series out of it and don't play scared!

Ps. Josh Howard is starting?????? Corbin you ass clown.

Branduil

I was at a party last night and missed the end of the Mavs OKC game. Was it a legit W or was FThunder at work? I heard Durant hit the gamewinner

Regardless I'm bummed out that the Mavs didn't win. I wanted some upset series
Dirk got called for a BS offensive foul at the end of the first half and OKC got a three before the buzzer because of it. And then Ibaka got a BS and-1 in the last minute even though he wasn't touched. So 4 BS points.

Dirk got called for a BS offensive foul at the end of the first half and OKC got a three before the buzzer because of it. And then Ibaka got a BS and-1 in the last minute even though he wasn't touched. So 4 BS points.

Dirk deserves every bullshit call he gets.. That guy is snakey as fuck.

Jazz game starts In an hour!!! Please at least make a series out of it and don't play scared!

Ps. Josh Howard is starting?????? Corbin you ass clown.
U would have left Carroll? I like Howard if hes not taken crazy shots. I f he is, Corbin needs to bench him like he did his first game back.

Vire

So which blowout is going to be worse? The Heat's 100 to 67 romp yesterday or the one that's about to begin in 45 minutes.

BobLoblaw

Banned
So which blowout is going to be worse? The Heat's 100 to 67 romp yesterday or the one that's about to begin in 45 minutes.
Heat by far. Losing a playoff game by 33 is crazy, especially because a lot of that total came from terrible officiating. My guess is Spurts by 15-20. Pops aint Thibs. He'll take his starters out as soon as he feels the game's over.

Hmm. I saw the end of the first half, and yeah that was a BS foul, but I don't think you can blame the loss on that, even when it was that close

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'll give you shumpert but Lin, the guy that was held to 1-11 against them? LOL It's actually a plus by subtraction.

Pretty much. Lin's got potential, sure, but I wouldn't consider him to be a huge threat against the Heat yet.

Still pretty torn up over Rose, though :(

Thought I'd wake up, and everything'd be better. Nope.

Anyway, would be cool if the refereeing in the next Heat game was less bullshit.

Meier

Not surprised about the win over Indy last night as I predicted the series win but I just don't see us getting any further than that.

I love when logic like this is used to determine that refs decided the game...because you're completely ignoring the other side

Spurs' starters: Parker, Green, Leonard, Diaw, Duncan.

The D. Blair playoff era is over! THANK YOU GOD

Blair is a good player. We'll need him against OKC.

But yeah theres no way he should start against Utah. Diaw, Duncan, Bonner, and Splitter should get nearly all the minutes. Our teams too deep so even really talented guys like Patty Mills and Blair might have to sit games; its crazy when you thing about it...look at who other teams are playing (Jazz are about to trot out Josh Howard for instance).

I really like the synergy the Spurs have with this lineup now. Starting unit is primarily Duncan/Parker pick and roll & Duncan iso with Green and Leonard as the shooters and Diaw as the high post facilitator. The bench is Splitter/Manu pick and roll & Splitter iso with Neal and Jax as the shooters, with Bonner swinging it up top (and shooting too!). I don't think the drop off from our starters to our bench is much, if anything at all lol

Meier

This is kind of funny.

5e993d61aa830bb873bae33fdbf8c6f4-getty-143543383.jpg

h3ro

I'm excited to see this Spurs team. I couldn't watch them impartially when they played the Knicks, as I was probably busy pulling my hair out watching pringles in action.

Let's see what TCB is always raving about.

Also.... G-TYME.

I'm excited to see this Spurs team. I couldn't watch them impartially when they played the Knicks, as I was probably busy pulling my hair out watching pringles in action.

Let's see what TCB is always raving about.

Also.... G-TYME.

Get ready to see what real basketball looks like :D

Seriously, its very tough to watch other teams after seeing how the Spurs execute. Its a work of art really.

I am a bit nervous to see how Leonard and Green do in the playoffs. Thankfully, we have JAAAXXXXX and Manu "backing them up" if they have playoff jitters.

The main thing I'm watching for tonight is seeing if our unproven guys (Kawhi, Green, Splitter, etc) can carry over their play in the playoffs.

Thats my primary worry in the postseason (besides an injury, as always)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom