• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHUMPERT!!!!

DWY7s.gif

Our best perimeter defender gone for almost a year. I was looking forward to some improvement under a more stable NBA season. I don't want to ever experience an NBA lockout season ever again.

J2 Cool

12 some hours later, and I still don't believe the Rose injury. Started a big day for me horribly, and never recovered. Showed a short film today, that I've been working on for months, that went over badly as well. Just a bad omen, and I was so positive the last several days. God. Changes going home (Chicago) from school so much. Parties, friends, etc. All flipped upside down. Makes Bears lost season look minor.

Fingers crossed that he recovers from this and has as good of a career as he should.

*Taken from another forum*

1) Brook Lopez is signed under Adidas. He, coincidentally, had an injury to his right foot. He only played 5 games this season.

2) Derrick Rose recently signed a huge multi-million dollar with Adidas. He's had a constant string of injuries, finished with a torn ACL to his knee.

3) Iman Shumpert has custom shoes made by Adidas and will most likely be signed under the brand very soon. He went out with a torn ACL.

4) Dwight Howard is signed under Adidas. He has constantly made it clear he wants to go Brooklyn, to play under Jay-Z, another Illuminati member. Then coincidentally, after waiving his rights to opt out, he gets a season ending injury.

5) In Chicago, there is a club called "Illuminati Nightclub". Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert are both from Chicago.

6) Josh Smith was having another All-Star worthy season, but do to basketball reasons and reasons above our comprehension, he was snubbed again. Josh Smith is signed under Adidas and is from Georgia.

7) Michael Jordan had deals both from Adidas and Nike, and he ended up choosing Nike over Adidas. The Bobcats ended up finishing with the worst winning % in NBA History.

8) Chauncey Billups was signed under Adidas and his season ended with a torn achilles.

9) Eric Gordon is signed under Adidas and got traded to the Hornets, who are owned by the league aka David "Free Mason" Stern.

10) Andrei Kirilenko is signed by Adidas and is currently playing overseas and a common theory is it was his choice to stay there. Oh boy, no it wasn't.

11) Kobe Bryant used to be signed by Adidas. After leaving, they waited a couple years before taking their chance to strike. They continuously tried injuring him game after game, before finally succeeding by hammering his shin. In his sleep.

12) Jordan Farmar is signed under Adidas, and was hampered by a calf injury.

13) Adidas main headquarters is in Germany. There is Illuminati symbolism on the German ID

masud

Banned
The sesons over for me. Between Stern making the call in the 2nd, the Knicks folding like lawn chairs and Shumps injury I just can't take it anymore. When's the draf... fuck! :(

bluemax

Banned
You know, on the whole shoe thing, I swear I remember Payton switching from one manufacturer to the other years ago and saying the one he had been on before was really bad and caused some foot/ankle issues.

Alrix

*Taken from another forum*

1) Brook Lopez is signed under Adidas. He, coincidentally, had an injury to his right foot. He only played 5 games this season.

2) Derrick Rose recently signed a huge multi-million dollar with Adidas. He's had a constant string of injuries, finished with a torn ACL to his knee.

3) Iman Shumpert has custom shoes made by Adidas and will most likely be signed under the brand very soon. He went out with a torn ACL.

4) Dwight Howard is signed under Adidas. He has constantly made it clear he wants to go Brooklyn, to play under Jay-Z, another Illuminati member. Then coincidentally, after waiving his rights to opt out, he gets a season ending injury.

5) In Chicago, there is a club called "Illuminati Nightclub". Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert are both from Chicago.

6) Josh Smith was having another All-Star worthy season, but do to basketball reasons and reasons above our comprehension, he was snubbed again. Josh Smith is signed under Adidas and is from Georgia.

7) Michael Jordan had deals both from Adidas and Nike, and he ended up choosing Nike over Adidas. The Bobcats ended up finishing with the worst winning % in NBA History.

8) Chauncey Billups was signed under Adidas and his season ended with a torn achilles.

9) Eric Gordon is signed under Adidas and got traded to the Hornets, who are owned by the league aka David "Free Mason" Stern.

10) Andrei Kirilenko is signed by Adidas and is currently playing overseas and a common theory is it was his choice to stay there. Oh boy, no it wasn't.

11) Kobe Bryant used to be signed by Adidas. After leaving, they waited a couple years before taking their chance to strike. They continuously tried injuring him game after game, before finally succeeding by hammering his shin. In his sleep.

12) Jordan Farmar is signed under Adidas, and was hampered by a calf injury.

13) Adidas main headquarters is in Germany. There is Illuminati symbolism on the German ID

ILLUMINATI CONSPIRACIES!!!!!!

only one man can save us from those who control us...
PhP97.jpg

I tried.
a little.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So here in Orlando a large majority of people I know are both shocked and jubilant about the Magic winning, which rightfully so, we weren't expected to win and we did.

I think a good amount of people want them to advance if only just to show Howard what's up. I think Van Gundy is a good coach and if we advance this will show Dwight a bit of humility.

Or not, because nothing seems to be teaching him anything lately.

So here in Orlando a large majority of people I know are both shocked and jubilant about the Magic winning, which rightfully so, we weren't expected to win and we did.

I think a good amount of people want them to advance if only just to show Howard what's up. I think Van Gundy is a good coach and if we advance this will show Dwight a bit of humility.

So that same amount of people want Dwight out?

charsace

Playoff DeAndre Jordan is going to shock the world tomorrow. You'll all see.

Because Thug Gasol is going to pull his shorts down and reem him on national TV?

And today I might have to go to the park and play some dice. Maybe if I have luck and win the Knicks will get good JR tomorrow.

Emwitus

Did you watch the game? The only reason you guys won is granger going granger.....No way you win a series without dwight..But, i might be wrong...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did you watch the game? The only reason you guys won is granger going granger.....No way you win a series without dwight..But, i might be wrong...
They won because Orlando kept calm and hit FTs and clutch ass 3s to get the lead back.

Omega

Banned
The sesons over for me. Between Stern making the call in the 2nd, the Knicks folding like lawn chairs and Shumps injury I just can't take it anymore. When's the draf... fuck! :(

Seems like the Knicks just gave up because refs were giving every call to the Heat. What's the point in wasting your energy when you know you have no chance? Might as well try to be rested for the next game and hope LeBron only paid the refs for one game.

Seems like the Knicks just gave up because refs were giving every call to the Heat. What's the point in wasting your energy when you know you have no chance? Might as well try to be rested for the next game and hope LeBron only paid the refs for one game.

I dunno, it was a weird ass 2nd qtr. BUT, NYK did miss like every shot they took.

All that iso Melo in the post vs LeBron aint gonna cut it. Thats mainly why they lost. Their best player got owned.

DY_nasty

No. Granger had the ball in the closing minutes.....do you want me to post the gamecast log?
Post it.

It definitely doesn't discount the fact that Orlando hit the shots that they needed to in order to get the lead as well as put the pressure on Indy. Collison's dumb jumpshot didn't help anything either.

Gigglepoo

The Pacers lost because they don't know how to score down the stretch. That's their biggest hole and something they really need to address if they're going to be a legit team.

Moving on to more practical matters. When I tried to listen to the Pacers on TuneIn Radio last night, I kept getting the message that the game was blacked out on that service. Is there a trick to listening to NBA games for free? Or should I just buy that NBA app?

RBH

The Pacers lost because they don't know how to score down the stretch. That's their biggest hole and something they really need to address if they're going to be a legit team.

Moving on to more practical matters. When I tried to listen to the Pacers on TuneIn Radio last night, I kept getting the message that the game was blacked out on that service. Is there a trick to listening to NBA games for free? Or should I just buy that NBA app?

The trick is to find a radio station in a random part of Indiana that is not hit by the blackout restrictions on TuneIn.

I had to to do the same thing for the Braves and found a radio station in a podunk part of Georgia that airs the Braves games on TuneIn.

You can use this as a guide of the stations to search through for the Pacers on TuneIn:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/media/radio_affiliates.html

Emwitus

1:14 75-77 Danny Granger misses free throw 1 of 2
1:14 75-77 Danny Granger misses free throw 2 of 2
0:45 78-77 Danny Granger misses layup
0:07 80-77 Danny Granger traveling

And he also had a backcourt violation a few minutes prior. Not saying orlando wasn't clutch, admittedly you are correct in saying they won the game by staying calm but granger was a big part of the loss and i doubt that will happen again. Orlando has zero paint presence and with all the threes they take it wont be so pretty wen they miss those threes in the clutch next time

Pacers would be swept in 3 if Dwight was playing, Hibbert went 3 for 11 with a 6'8 fat guy guarding him.

David West is the only Pacer who isn't bitchmade.

DY_nasty

And he also had a backcourt violation a few minutes prior. Not saying orlando wasn't clutch, admittedly you are correct in saying they won the game by staying calm but granger was a big part of the loss and i doubt that will happen again.
Granger is routinely a mess late game. So are the Pacers as a whole.

I was at a party last night and missed the end of the Mavs OKC game. Was it a legit W or was FThunder at work? I heard Durant hit the gamewinner

Regardless I'm bummed out that the Mavs didn't win. I wanted some upset series

Leaving work early today so I can watch the Jazz. Itll be competitive guys cmon.
Howard needs to start he just cant be jacking shots up every ten seconds.

It will be pretty funny if the Heat make the Finals by beating a Knicks team without Lin and Shumpert, a Magic team without Dwight, and a Bulls team without Rose.

smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom