• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Cloving btw - 2010 Lakers beat this years Thunder team. This year's Thunder team still wasn't better than us in half court execution and basically feasted off their runouts and easy fast breaks. This year we couldn't stop a single one of their fast breaks and kept running out of gas in the fourth...wouldn't have been a problem with the 2010 Laker team. Not to mention, Phil, Triangle, team chemistry from being together for multiple years, etc.

But the 2010 team could do stuff like this

So I think you're over-estimating how good this years Playoffs teams are...especially with so many of the key members injured.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
How Mamba managed to argue for something even more ridiculous than even Shadowdork pulled off, I do not know.

Cloving btw - 2010 Lakers beat this years Thunder team. This year's Thunder team still wasn't better than us in half court execution and basically feasted off their runouts and easy fast breaks. This year we couldn't stop a single one of their fast breaks and kept running out of gas in the fourth...wouldn't have been a problem with the 2010 Laker team. Not to mention, Phil, Triangle, team chemistry from being together for multiple years, etc.

So I think you're over-estimating how good this years Playoffs teams are...especially with so many of the key members injured.

Because the 2010 Thunder are the 2012 Thunder.

Really man? REALLY?

2010 Durant = 2012 Durant
2010 Westbrook = 2012 Westbrook
2010 Harden = 2012 Harden
2010 Ibaka = 2012 Ibaka
2010 Perkins (celtics) = 2012 Perkins (Thunder)

Is that what you're arguing?

"I am so happy that my team kept it close in a sweep. I am proud of them."

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I would say. Yep.

Where is this coming from? When was this the choice given?

In what world are the only two options "we were blown out" or "I'm so happy we kept it close in a sweep."

Hell, why are emotions being brought into it?

Where is "If we brought in this player, it would swing the series?" Which was where this whole argument came from...

I would say the individuals skewing and defending such a poor argument.

I'm not arguing the series was close so the Lakers won something or whatever. I'm saying it was close enough that steve nash on the team would have swung the series...(in a hypothetical scenario).

Vahagn

Because the 2010 Thunder are the 2012 Thunder.

Really man? REALLY?

Again, THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID.

I'm not comparing the 2010 Thunder to the 2012 Thunder. The 2012 Thunder struggled in the half court against THE 2012 Lakers...and feasted on fast breaks and bench play, two things the 2010 Laker team was MUCH better at (Remember Odom?) and unlike this year's team, We could actually get back in transition against them

Our 2010 Team was simply better than this year's Thunder team, coaching, benches, experience, everything included. So my point is, you're giving too much credit to this year's crop of Playoff teams.

Truphenom

Didn't they get taken to 6 games by a worse Thunder team though? I don't really see the point in the what if game anyway.

How Mamba managed to argue for something even more ridiculous than even Shadowdork pulled off, I do not know.

Vag agrees with your argument. By default, you're wrong.

Didn't they get taken to 6 games by a worse Thunder team though? I don't really see the point in the what if game anyway.

Kobe playing on one knee until he got it drained and was more like Kobe again.

Sanjuro

I'm not arguing the series was close so the Lakers won something or whatever. I'm saying it was close enough that steve nash on the team would have swung the series...(in a hypothetical scenario).

I don't know how to respond to this really. My brain just doesn't function like that.

While Sancha might be a bit off in saying that the series was that close, I think it's fair to say that adding MVP caliber players would make most teams a lot better and adding them to 50 win teams possibly could get them to title contention.

Again, THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID.

I'm not comparing the 2010 Thunder to the 2012 Thunder. The 2012 Thunder struggled in the half court against THE 2012 Lakers...and feasted on fast breaks and bench play, two things the 2010 Laker team was MUCH better at (Remember Odom?) and unlike this year's team, We could actually get back in transition against them

Except the 2010 Lakers even with a better half court game still didn't face the 2012 Thunder. I don't understand what your point is in bringing up the fact that the 2010 Thunder weren't as good in the half court game as the 2010 Lakers?

The only thing more wrong than Vaggy is thinking that his statements hold any value.

So, you're still wrong.

Just as long as I got you to admit you would claim your team losing 4 times by 1 point would have been a blowout. because we all know you here to act like that. lol.

While Sancha might be a bit off in saying that the series was that close, I think it's fair to say that adding MVP caliber players would make most teams a lot better and adding them to 50 win teams possibly could get them to title contention.

I never said the series was "close" or "that close," in the original statement. I said, "Considering how close the series was," which is an entirely different saying. Later I did claim to be close, but I should clarify in some games there.

Ehhhh I'm kind of undecided about the difference between 4 one point losses and losing 4-3, if there's really a difference

I think it really just comes down to a coin flip for each game. remember the fucking awful heat-hawks series a few years ago where no game was close but it went 7 games anyways? I say a 4-0 sweep where each game was won by 1 point would be closer to me

the truly closest series i can remember right now in recent memory is mavs-spurs in 2006. i think each one pretty much came down to the last possession

reilo

Just as long as I got you to admit you would claim your team losing 4 times by 1 point would have been a blowout. because we all know you here to act like that. lol.

Did you know (before you started posting here), that I proclaimed Portland would lose to Houston in a playoff match-up... in October of 2008?

How do you think the series turned out?

Vahagn

Except the 2010 Lakers even with a better half court game still didn't face the 2012 Thunder. I don't understand what your point is in bringing up the fact that the 2010 Thunder weren't as good in the half court game as the 2010 Lakers?

When did I say that? I said the 2012 Thunder weren't as good as the 2012 Lakers in the half court. That's true just by looking at the margin's of defeat in each game and looking at the "fast break point differential" it's obvious the 2012 Lakers were better than the 2012 Thunder in the half-court

The 2012 Thunder's two strengths over the 2012 Lakers were Bench Play and Transition offense...two things the 2010 Laker team could actually compete with them at.

You made the argument that the 2010 Lakers didn't have to face anyone as tough as this years Thunder team or the Spurs team, and I'm making the argument, that the 2010 Laker team would beat this year's Thunder team.

Right but what's the point of that argument? Bynum would be broken and Fisher would be the starter again.

Fisher wasn't THAT bad that season on offense. And they had Odom over Bynum. That was also Kobe's last super-elite year, IMO. The fact that a hobbled Lakers won the title shows you how good they were. They still had it last year before the long run caught up to them and they just ran out of gas.

Did you know (before you started posting here), that I proclaimed Portland would lose to Houston in a playoff match-up... in October of 2008?

How do you think the series turned out?

I never said you were unrealistic about your chances nor implied it. But don't pretend for a second you'd actually say your team got blown out in conversation.

If I walked in and started talking about how embarrassing it was that portland got blown out, you'd chime in about how close the games were you we all know it.

DJ88

Walking into the arena right now with my family who's here on vacation. They've never been to an NBA game so this is even more awesome. Go Heat, good luck Heat age!

reilo

I never said you were unrealistic about your chances nor implied it. But don't pretend for a second you'd actually say your team got blown out in conversation.

If I walked in and started talking about how embarrassing it was that portland got blown out, you'd chime in about how close the games were you we all know it.

So you're not even arguing about your original statement anymore, but you switched the conversation to another hypothetical? Just quit already, you're reaching beyond your means.

So you're not even arguing about your original statement anymore, but you switched the conversation to another hypothetical? Just quit already, you're reaching beyond your means.

My original statement is "considering how close the series was, Nash would have swung it."

And I'm not backing off that.

My so-called hypothetical was just to show the lengths of craziness you'd spew for argument's sake.

Truphenom

Fisher wasn't THAT bad that season on offense. And they had Odom over Bynum. That was also Kobe's last super-elite year, IMO. The fact that a hobbled Lakers won the title shows you how good they were. They still had it last year before the long run caught up to them and they just ran out of gas.

Ok, but if they're being compared to a vastly improved Thunder I'm not sure it makes much of a difference.

My original statement is "considering how close the series was, Nash would have swung it."

My so-called hypothetical was just to show the lengths of craziness you'd spew for argument's sake.

A PG who can't defend, is late late 30s, would change a 4-1 series for the Lakers even though Bynum couldn't care less and Gasol is still Gasol. Ok.

reilo

The series wasn't close.

Lakers lost the close games on offense, not defense.

It was close enough for Nash to swing it.

And Nash is going to help the Bynum turn into a player who gives a shit, how?
And Nash is going to help Gasol become aggressive how?
And Nash is going to help Kobe make his crazy ass shots, how?
And Nash is going to help Brown become a capable coach, how?

And no, it wasn't just offense. It was also defense, defense that was needed after the lazy ass passes from the Lakers in the fourth quarter.

What will be higher?

Danny Granger (IND): 1st HALF Points
LeBron James (MIA): 1st QUARTER Points or Tie

It's sad that LeBron's 1st quarter total will be higher, and it probably won't be close. Granger needs to actually man up and play like the first option he THINKS he is.

What will be higher?

It's sad that LeBron's 1st quarter total will be higher, and it probably won't be close. Granger needs to actually man up and play like the first option he THINKS he is.

I say LeBron gets 35-40 and Granger ends up with 12

Sanjuro

And Nash is going to help the Bynum turn into a player who gives a shit, how? Vitamin Water.
And Nash is going to help Gasol become aggressive how? Vitamin Water.
And Nash is going to help Kobe make his crazy ass shots, how? The Red Vitamin Water.
And Nash is going to help Brown become a capable coach, how? ...

Truphenom

What will be higher?

Maybe Granger trying to be tough? He seems to do that a lot in the first half before disappearing lol.

And Nash is going to help the Bynum turn into a player who gives a shit, how? Vitamin Water.
And Nash is going to help Gasol become aggressive how? Vitamin Water.
And Nash is going to help Kobe make his crazy ass shots, how? The Red Vitamin Water.
And Nash is going to help Brown become a capable coach, how? ...

yeah, you're right. Nash would have 0 impact. He's not even better than Ramon.

This coming from the guy who still thinks Jeff Green is a great player.

Dwight Howard still prefers a trade from the Magic, according to a source.

Orlando announced that the tenures of Stan Van Gundy and Otis Smith were over on Monday, but Howard still seeks a trade before the start of the season, according to the source.

The Nets are considered the frontrunner, but "it is not going to be a one-horse race,” the source said. The Mavericks and Knicks are also in the conversation, while the Lakers and Clippers are as well to a lesser extent.

Howard is eager to begin the next phase of his career and the Magic don't want a repeat of circumstances they endured during the 11-12 season.

Executives from the Magic are expected to meet with Howard soon and will accomodate his trade request should he ask for a trade.

The team that is able and willing to take back the contract of Hedo Turkoglu is likely to have an edge in trading for Howard.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221167/Source_Dwight_Still_Wants_Trade#ixzz1ve5Ihlj1
lol.

Vahagn

Did I hurt your feelings? I've done that before.

Ask Knicks-age.

No, I was actually testing whether you'd get more testy when I insulted The Blazers over when I insulted you...and on cue, you did...albeit only slightly.

Thanks for being my psychological guinea pig buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom