• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

I think this one hurts more than anything. Chuck has been betting against the Lakers for YEARS, and mostly in series that the Lakers had little to no chance of losing.

And now this broken clock of a man will probably get it right for once and seem like he actually knows what he's talking about... just.. ugh.

so i was going through last night and wanted to point out something real quick:

he's picked against the lakers two years in a row, and if this games goes the way it did last time then maybe he would be right

And Chuck is I think one of most people's favorite basketball "analysts" on TV. Dunno if I would call him a broken clocks seeing how he called the Mavs winning it, called them losing in the first round in 4, and was literally right about so much shit from last season.

I dunno if his drunk on air time from the first two seasons count. Had to defend mah man!

Canuck76

Banned
Hahahaha Lakers fans are so desperate here.

Get used to this shame ball. Y'all be paying your dues for the next couple of years.

Watching Euroleague ball (Barcelona vs Olympiakos) to get myself ready for Flop City tonight. Paul and Blake ain't got shit on some of these guys. These are GOAT floppers on some Vlade shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
LA has some nice broads but its something about the south man

in before Florida aint da south

is that really so hard to understand? that miami is such a different place than the rest of the southeast?

it wasn't even a part of the south when the south was fucking existed lol

Mrbob

This after a 1/11, 3pt performance is reason enough to ship a guy out. Asik's 10/9 on 3/6 shooting was a much better performance. Give me Taj any day, he obviously wants to win and is unafraid. Boozer's fucking ridiculous. With the Bulls rebounding advantage (56-33) they should have blown out that game, and would have if it wasn't for CJ's 2/11 and Boozer's 1/11. At least the former is a bench player flung into an unsettling role. Boozer's supposed to get paid to perform. If not spectacularly, at least not take anything off the table.

Ugh, such a disgusting, face-saving quote.

It's fun to have an 80 million dollar cheerleader.

This is a great article to read now in hindsight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...boozer-will-earn-his-contract-this-postseason

Just about every year hes lost hes had more talent, with few exceptions.

Though Laker fans will bring up Smush Parker until they're blue in the face as if Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Horry, Fisher, Phil Jackson, Glen Rice, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Payton, Malone, Artest, and Ariza didn't exist.

ehhh, while it's technically true, the only times he's lost with talent were trying to make the Finals 4 times in a row which hasn't been done since the 60s and losing to the eventual champion or when Karl got hurt for the Finals.

And Chuck is I think one of most people's favorite basketball "analysts" on TV. Dunno if I would call him a broken clocks seeing how he called the Mavs winning it, called them losing in the first round in 4, and was literally right about so much shit from last season.

I believe he picked Orlando over LA and he picked Boston over LA in 2010 (and I think picked Denver).

He also picked against LA in 2002 in the West. He's as good at this as any of us.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Get used to this shame ball. Y'all be paying your dues for the next couple of years.
This. Blame the CBA and Kobe's contract. He's gonna be taking up almost half of the cap space over the next few years and Bynum will probably be taking up a third of what's left. Get ready for hard times. I say blow it up this year, amnesty Kobe (lol), fire Mike Brown, trade Bynum/Gasol and go from there. Come at me!

You go anywhere with a huge population of course there's going to be a ton of beautiful women. Even look at most colleges, if a school has at least 10k students they'll be plenty of good tail to chase.

how much are the Lakers paying/contracts for lol Kapono and Murphy , they will dump those two in the off season.

i say they will go after discount double check Novak D:

You'd rather have the Celts win and get #18?

Fuck that bullshit.

At this point my main focus is on the Heat. Fuck em more than the Celtics. Screw Lebron and douchebag Wade more than KG, Jesus, and Wheelchair man. Screw the 'fans' of the Heat more than the Celtics. Celtics have won one championship in about 25 years while the Lakers have won 7. Screw the Heat with all of the rage of docpan.

Keep your god damn skank hands off novakiin, lakers!

We're not going after anybody. We will keep the same ole' shitty wannabe twin towers that we currently have. We will sign some D-league 'star' that nobody wants but that will somehow someway transplant an ounce of hope into this squad. Kobe will rejuvenate himself again, Heavy will claim the Lakers are a top 3 team, others will argue that they can still do it. We will be told Bynum has finally grown up and is ready to take over the role of a true powerhouse and leader. Pau will say he is ready to go for one more run. Kobe will once again give his heart and soul to this heartless scrub of a squad only to be disappointed in the end. Meanwhile Clippers will get a higher seed in the playoffs and Adam will become the very person he has fought against his entire Clippers fan existence.

Wasnt there laker fans on here arguing down people for saying how shit brown was gonna be as a coach. That he only looked bad because of lebron or some jazz...

best Gasol for Bynum trade D: lol if the Grizz did that

double Gasol on the same team. B^)

hilarious seeing everyone turn on Bynum after everyone praising him for dat tie of the block record and triple double in game 1

KingGondo

Banned
hilarious seeing everyone turn on Bynum after everyone praising him for dat tie of the block record and triple double in game 1
You can praise him for the good and shit on him for the bad. Both sentiments can be expressed by intelligent human beings.

What's more likely to continue-- A) Bynum progresses into the best C in the league and routinely puts together dominant performances, or B) his career is continually hampered by his immaturity and childishness?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-future-ny-knicks-set-stone-article-1.1076211

Perhaps the shadow of Steve Nash is sprouting doubt, because Jeremy Lin isn’t buying into the Knicks’ assurances of a new contract.

“Nothing is set in stone. That’s what I’ve learned,” Lin said Thursday. “We talked about (my free agency). I love the Knicks and the organization. But at the same time, it’s a business. Me, personally, I think it would be great if I come back. But crazy things happen and I don’t really know what’s going to happen.”

I have had this feeling in my chest for a long time that Mike Woodson does not like Lin. or at the very least does not share the enthusiasm the knicks fans have for the guy. He understand he brings some much needed cash and revenue, but he has his clear favorites that he prefers to give more minutes to over Lin.

Lin would not make those comments unless there was some sort of issue in terms of his contract with the Knicks. My guess is the Knicks office is trying to get him to sign some less-than-stellar for his worth contract to keep their golden goose as long as they can. But there's rumors than 6 teams are gunning for Lin. I dunno, i smell something fishy.

The more I think about Vogel's flop comment the more genius I think it is.

It's being spread on twitter by a bunch of sports writers and it puts a spotlight on them, either flop and even though ur not the biggest floppers people will starting saying it, or don't flop and level the playing field for the Pacers.

Hollins should have done the same.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/5/1...ons-mark-titus-talk-greg-oden-story-shout-out

Read the transcript of the Bill Simmons interview with Mark Titus who did the piece on Oden a few days ago.

Titus conveniently inserts hearsay and speculation in his piece about the Oden, but also calls Blazer fans bitter for not fawning over his article. I feel for Oden with all the injuries he battled. The truth came out about him leading a party lifestyle and admitting to alcoholism. He was a young guy who had all the resources available to him and he made the wrong decisions. Yes, there's tragedy in Oden's story. For Titus to make the organization ultimately culpable for Oden's fall is shallow and dishonest.

Bill Simmons (NBA TMZ) is spewing how the organization wronged Pritchard when the dude was shady as hell with Penn. Pritchard still hasn't gotten a GM job and Penn is banished to the outskirts of ESPN. He thinks Boston would be a good place for Oden in 2013 and Garnett can mentor him. Big Baby is laughing at this. Oden has a fragile ego and Garnett would eat his soul then puke it on Rondo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...-future-ny-knicks-set-stone-article-1.1076211

Perhaps the shadow of Steve Nash is sprouting doubt, because Jeremy Lin isn’t buying into the Knicks’ assurances of a new contract.

“Nothing is set in stone. That’s what I’ve learned,” Lin said Thursday. “We talked about (my free agency). I love the Knicks and the organization. But at the same time, it’s a business. Me, personally, I think it would be great if I come back. But crazy things happen and I don’t really know what’s going to happen.”

I have had this feeling in my chest for a long time that Mike Woodson does not like Lin. or at the very least does not share the enthusiasm the knicks fans have for the guy. He understand he brings some much needed cash and revenue, but he has his clear favorites that he prefers to give more minutes to over Lin.

Lin would not make those comments unless there was some sort of issue in terms of his contract with the Knicks. My guess is the Knicks office is trying to get him to sign some less-than-stellar for his worth contract to keep their golden goose as long as they can. But there's rumors than 6 teams are gunning for Lin. I dunno, i smell something fishy.

Doesn't help that Amare is publicly campaigning for Nash. Lin is gonna get paid somewhere though, probably more than he's worth.

I'm sure the Knicks want to keep Lin's cost down as much as possible; even though the Knicks can match any offer made to him, they are gonna be fucked in a year or two with the contracts of STAT, Melo and Chandler on the books occupying pretty much the entire cap. Lin is probably torn; he probably loves NY, and loves the chance to become a big deal in the biggest city (where they could use that the most), but he also can get paid and be assured of playing time in a system that makes more sense for him elsewhere (for example, whereever D'Antoni ends up coaching). In a perfect world, Lin stays in NY and the Knicks find a way to get Steve Nash in NY so that Lin could learn from the master (and so that FINALLY, they can leverage their big-ass frontline for some competent pick and roll offense)...

...but those contracts :(

http://www.blazersedge.com/2012/5/1...ons-mark-titus-talk-greg-oden-story-shout-out

Read the transcript of the Bill Simmons interview with Mark Titus who did the piece on Oden a few days ago.

Titus conveniently inserts hearsay and speculation in his piece about the Oden, but also calls Blazer fans bitter for not fawning over his article. I feel for Oden with all the injuries he battled. The truth came out about him leading a party lifestyle and admitting to alcoholism. He was a young guy who had all the resources available to him and he made the wrong decisions. Yes, there's tragedy in Oden's story. For Titus to make the organization ultimately culpable for Oden's fall is shallow and dishonest.

Bill Simmons (NBA TMZ) is spewing how the organization wronged Pritchard when the dude was shady as hell with Penn. Pritchard still hasn't gotten a GM job and Penn is banished to the outskirts of ESPN. He thinks Boston would be a good place for Oden in 2013 and Garnett can mentor him. Big Baby is laughing at this. Oden has a fragile ego and Garnett would eat his soul then puke it on Rondo.

I have no clue how accurate Simmons is about Oden but he's dead on about Blazers fansl. You guys are way too sensitive.

LOL KG probably won't even be in Boston next season. Simmons probably started to actually believe that KG was like the celt bigs of old. Dude was a mercenary, he'll be ring chasing somewhere next year along with Ray and Pietrus.

KingGondo

Banned
I didn't read it that way at all. It spread the blame around.

Oden definitely made some shitty decisions, but the Blazers had a role to play as well. Creating a cohesive team culture of support, growth and maturity is underrated, and it sounds like Greg was left to his own devices more than he should've been (especially as an injury-prone potential franchise player).

Alrix

I'm sure the Knicks want to keep Lin's cost down as much as possible; even though the Knicks can match any offer made to him, they are gonna be fucked in a year or two with the contracts of STAT, Melo and Chandler on the books occupying pretty much the entire cap. Lin is probably torn; he probably loves NY, and loves the chance to become a big deal in the biggest city (where they could use that the most), but he also can get paid and be assured of playing time in a system that makes more sense for him elsewhere (for example, whereever D'Antoni ends up coaching). In a perfect world, Lin stays in NY and the Knicks find a way to get Steve Nash in NY so that Lin could learn from the master (and so that FINALLY, they can leverage their big-ass frontline for some competent pick and roll offense)...

I get the feeling D'antoni ends up with the Clippers.

Well it' a non-issue unless Steve Nash actually accepts 1.4 million, which there is no way in Hell he'd do. Woodson doesn't "like" the notion that Lin is some potential All-Star, which he isn't; Lin has alot of progressing and maturing to do as an NBA player. Next season he won't sneak up on people, which is why he needs to take a hard look at his game and assess weakness.
I get the feeling D'antoni ends up with the Clippers.
D'Antoni doesn't like flopping. Can you remember one flopper Knick in his tenure? I don't. That the only thing I respected about his defensive phlisophy: No flops because you can't get back on O quickly after the other team scores!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom