• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Why the fuck are you standing up for your boyfriend? shadowthing is your typical "I'll root for Goliath" kind of guy. A fan of LeBron, the Heat, Kobe, etc, probably a Jordan fan back in the day.

Heat age family. Something Knicks age wouldn't understand.

Godslay

Banned
This is the only series in which the Lakers would not be considered the under dog.

vs Denver, favorite

vs OKC, underdog

vs Spurs, underdog

vs Heat, underdog

But yeah, when someone is talking about being a dark horse, they usually just mean a team with no real shot at winning it all.

I thought you meant specifically for the series. I still find the premise that they are the dark horse for a championship laughable, considering the talent on the team. Either way it's open to interpretation I guess.

Gabyskra

Banned
Come on Gabyskra, take the bet. It's not like anyone is going to see you sporting the avatar since you'll be alone in the loserbro thread.

I would if I thought the Nuggets would win. Or if I was actively rooting for them, but I'm just mildly on their side.

Why the fuck are you standing up for your boyfriend? shadowthing is your typical "I'll root for Goliath" kind of guy. A fan of LeBron, the Heat, Kobe, etc, probably a Jordan fan back in the day.

LOL. Im sorry the Knicks never really gave you much to root for but you aint gotta call me a flip flopper. Ya punk bitch

PBY

Banned
At least be somewhat creative about your insults, you fucking empty white shirt

tumblr_m37jxr1W3Q1qad7zlo4_250.gif

J2 Cool

Did I miss the laughter over Boozer's comment?

"We had the best record again in basketball, won our division again, had the top seed again, that's all that matters, yo."

That makes me laugh so hard. It's a "we already won" immediately after losing.

This after a 1/11, 3pt performance is reason enough to ship a guy out. Asik's 10/9 on 3/6 shooting was a much better performance. Give me Taj any day, he obviously wants to win and is unafraid. Boozer's fucking ridiculous. With the Bulls rebounding advantage (56-33) they should have blown out that game, and would have if it wasn't for CJ's 2/11 and Boozer's 1/11. At least the former is a bench player flung into an unsettling role. Boozer's supposed to get paid to perform. If not spectacularly, at least not take anything off the table.

Ugh, such a disgusting, face-saving quote.

If LeBron had gone to NY, he'd have already won two rings. Why? Because the Knicks have a true leader in Amare who would get more out of LeBron than the 9/11 victim Wade.

J2 Cool

Kobe's been honest as shit this season, and my respect for him has gone up considerably with it. He's simply asking for a response. Gasol's statline, Bynum's bench pic all support what Kobe said. Fuck them if they don't get up for game 7. He's also absolutely right about Artest being the only starter he can count on to show up also.

Kobe's been honest as shit this season, and my respect for him has gone up considerably with it. He's simply asking for a response. Gasol's statline, Bynum's bench pic all support what Kobe said. Fuck them if they don't get up for game 7. He's also absolutely right about Artest being the only starter he can count on to show up also.

Said it before and I'll say it again....Bynum 20 and 20, Lakers win game 7 by over 10.

If that doesn't happen, Kobe will brutally murder him.

Omega

Banned
The Lakers are just playing you guys for fools. They knew they had this series in the bag but they wanted to tank to get MWP back. I don't see why you guys are stressing this so much.

Even if they are giving up on purpose, you guys still win because Mike Brown will then get fired and you'll actually bring in a competent coach.

Vogel calls the Heat the biggest floppers in the league. I think this smart damage control on his part to inoculate the 'narrative' of the series beforehand. Thibs should have been more vocal about the refs before the series was over.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=7918758

Thibs said the refs wouldn't even acknowledge him, Taj got a technical for merely talking to the refs.

I don't like technicals as it can hurt a team but Thibs should have gotten at least 5 during the series.

And that is my point. The Lakers aren't losing because the Nuggets are a great team all of a sudden but because Bynum and Gasol couldn't care less. The Lakers are losing these games more than the Nuggets are winning.

Or maybe the Lakers just aren't that good, and have never been, as I have been trying to tell ya'll this entire year?

But I'll agree they have more talent than the Nuggets. Talent doesn't mean shit if your team is filled with assholes, idiots, and thugs tho. Wouldn't be the first time a Kobe team lost with significantly more talent, and it probably won't be the last.

Why is everybody counting out Denver? Call me crazy but I think they can win Game 7.

They definitely have the talent to but I run it through my head over and over again and nothing tells me Denver wins the game.

I just think everything is going against them: on the road, Lakers lost two in a row in the series and played poorly last game, etc...

I expect the Nuggets to play loose though.

A close game favors them but I don't think it will be that close.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They definitely have the talent to but I run it through my head over and over again and nothing tells me Denver wins the game.

I just think everything is going against them: on the road, Lakers lost two in a row in the series and played poorly last game, etc...

I expect the Nuggets to play loose though.

A close game favors them but I don't think it will be that close.

A close game definitely doesn't favor the team on the road with no go-to scorers.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Why is everybody counting out Denver? Call me crazy but I think they can win Game 7.
I think there's a pretty good chance that they win, but not as high a chance that the Lakers have. I mean, the Nuggets have a LOT of confidence going in, youth, and a psychological edge. The Lakers will have home court, MWP, angry Kobe, and role players that got punked by Kobe and are looking to step up. I give the Nuggets no more than a 40% chance to win, but it is a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom