• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2 Cool

I don't think the Thunder are as well oiled a machine as SA. This is what I said yesterday, they could play down to a team like the Heat way more than the Spurs would. Thunder's success is all dependent on effort. They can get to SA's level of execution, but I don't know if they can maintain it. Certainly not as well.

Let's see if they turn it on at some point this game, or if they wait too late to.

Pop must have told Parker that the OKC defense was a Victoria's Secret supermodel.

Real talk? Duncan making shots is really helping to space the floor. For the last 3 games the dude has pumped faked it everytime he's been open and allowed the THunder to close out on him. Even if he misses that shot, he has to take it. Pump faking once in a while is ok, but not every shot

SamuraiX-

Pop must have told Parker that the OKC defense was a Victoria's Secret supermodel.

PAKoN.gif

Godslay

Banned
Yea no doubt on this. Spurs are winning this without a doubt. Oh well. There is always game 7.

I'm not sure if the Spurs can keep it going like this the entire game. It was a hot quarter, but I'd be interested to see if they can sustain it. OKC will likely punch back.

I legitimately feel for Neal. Improved so much already in his 2nd season after going undrafted. WCF and he finally starts getting cold feet.

Shouldn't that be the 3rd quarter?

I think Neal is still feeling out of it.

Second quarter makes me nervous bc its when we first sub out our big 3

Vahagn

People have been led to believe that Hero ball isn't good, as a result, they've lost how you win championships.

There are stacked teams with all stars in 4 positions like this Celtics or the Pistons who can alternate who takes over in close games. But if you have a top 5 offensive player, that top 5 offensive player should be taking over the game more often than not in the fourth quarter.

It shouldn't be by committee. If you're triple teamed or double teamed, sure. But the player should have one foot on the gas, and one foot on the neck of his opponents and look to score first most of the time, and only when that option is taken away, or he's in a bad position, should he look to pass.

Lebron and Wade can share those duties. Lebron can try to take over the fourth quarter when he's hot, and Wade should try to take over when he's hot. The problem is now, Wade tries every time, Lebron never tries. They lose most of their close games. In a 7 game series without blowouts, Lebron should be trying to take over 3 or 4 of the fourth quarters on this team.

Dirk had to do it almost every game (Terry helped a couple). So does Kobe. That's how you win. You don't win by putting equal pressure on your bench players on the road to come through, that's not their job. If they get a wide open shot off a triple team, sure, they should knock it down.

But it's not the responsibility of Chalmers, Haslem, Miller, Battier, or even Bosh to take over a fourth quarter of a playoff game and score 10+ points and hit clutch free throws.

To piggy back of what Charsace said, Lebron should be a second option, not because it will help his offense, but because he's not an adequate first option. First option's take over games.

People yap on Kobe's shooting numbers, but he attempts to take over every fourth quarter, and prior to this year his team was 10-1 in closeout games and had one of the top 3 records of any team in close games or overtime games year in and year out.

Edit: That's all I'll say on the Heat/Lebron...It's Thunder/Spurs time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom