• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

I GOT INTO MED SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't say which one or where, but it's a good one!!!!!

Grats.

That makes what, 4 or 5 doctors in NBA-age?

Would like to know the same. Are you only allowed one stream at a time or is it like other streaming services like hbogo/netflix where you can have a couple going concurrently? Contemplating picking this up because of this Lakers/TWC nonsense.

If you live in LA it's not going to help you because league pass won't let you stream LA games if you live in LA.

pilonv1

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...n-bill-simmons-magic-johnson-and-mike-wilbon/

Jalen Rose, whose star continues to rise at ESPN, has just been selected as the 4th member of ESPN’s “NBA Countdown,” sources tell me. The deal, which came together over the weekend, will pair Rose with Bill Simmons, Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon, as ESPN makes a run at TNT’s “Inside the NBA.” The two shows don’t go head-to-head, but “Inside the NBA” is far more popular among fans.

ESPN didn’t return an email seeking comment.

Rose will be a busy man this winter. He’s replacing Hubert Davis on ESPN College Basketball Gameday (which will travel eight times), and he’s going to remain a co-host of Numbers Never Lie. Rose, 39, won’t be calling any college basketball games this year, a source said.

ESPN was slated to add Stan Van Gundy to “NBA Countdown,” last month, but as we reported last week, David Stern put the kibosh on that. (Van Gundy went on the radio and blasted ESPN for the decision.) Isiah Thomas was briefly in the picture to take Van Gundy’s spot, but a source says Bill Simmons favored Rose over the former Pistons point guard. A source said Simmons thought the Isiah-Magic pair might skew old with viewers, and he favored Rose, the former Fab 5 star.

Simmons didn’t return an email seeking comment.

fuck simmons

Now the heart and soul of the team is the arthritic knees of Andrew Bynum.

Improvement.

You don't seem to grasp that a Iggy led team had maxed out.

If a Bynum led team is worse, who gives a shit. That shit gravy.

If Bynum fails...let his ass walk and you now have cap space to "rebuild" and you no longer can say "bu-but Iggy be holdin people back yo".

win-win.

Ernie, Kenny and Charles can not be topped. Usually on point, willing to call eachother out, know eachother well enough so it doesn't get awkward when they do get called out and look like they genuinely like talking ball with one another.

I don't think any sports show can duplicate how they ride the line between barber shop and office break room.

Zep

Banned
Ernie, Kenny and Charles can not be topped. Usually on point, willing to call eachother out, know eachother well enough so it doesn't get awkward when they do get called out and look like they genuinely like talking ball with one another.

I don't think any sports show can duplicate how they ride the line between barber shop and office break room.

ESPN doesn't realize how long it took for all of them to mesh like that. Just watch the shows when Charles first showed up, its not like what it is now.

ESPN doesn't realize how long it took for all of them to mesh like that. Just watch the shows when Charles first showed up, its not like what it is now.

ESPN is too afraid to actually diss dudes too.

SVG called them out on that. Chuck will call a spade a spade. ESPN sucks dudes off too much.

giri

What did I do to you in a previous life?

<3

Yeah, it's sort of like the Top Gear spin offs. You can't just replicate what they have. It's chemistry, but not formulaic. I think the closest thing ESPN has to anyone on their level is Van Gundy. Then it's a distant distant second.

Bring back C-Webb to form ultimate basketball entertainment voltron.

Truf. C-Webb for Shaq. Straight up.

Bring back C-Webb to form ultimate basketball entertainment voltron.

Co-signed. Time to let Shaq go, ESPN would probably sign him.

Chuck/Ernie/Kenny/Webb

And Charles Oakley as the man on street

"This is Oak, reporting live from San Antonio. Lots of played out Dirty Dancing rejects walkin' around here. They're filing in to watch Manu and Duncan file for social security. I saw Tony Parker's crepe eatin ass round here somewhere trading beret wearing techniques with Boris Diaw. Doris Burke passed by a while ago, I hollered but she wasn't having it. It's cool though, she was born past her prime. Anyway I'm about to head inside and see if any of these fans are aware that Patty Mills is a man. See ya."

Vahagn

It's been said, but Ernie/Charles/Kenny/CWebb was the absolute best. Every show was Pure Gold

Simmons is craptastic on TV, he's a nerd who's going to make Teen Wolf and Top Gun references and knob-polish Lebron and the Celtics all day every day.

giri

Yeah looking pretty good.

I love how fast this team looks when the pg doesn't need a cane and breathalyzer test before getting on the court.

I actually really like the OJ Mayo and Collison back court.

Collison isn't the defender Kidd was... but i think they gain more in other areas.

I'm tired of Half-Hearted Ball, bring on the regular season! Then half way through I can say, I'm tired of Meaningless Season Ball, bring on the playoffs!

etiolate

Banned
Kings are a lot more balanced with Thornton coming off the bench.

Also, Sleep Train bought the naming rights to the Arena. I really hope they go with my Sleep Train Rec Center suggestion.

pilonv1

Rod Boone &#8207;@rodboone

Deron on AJ Price: "He had some boys in the crowd he wanted to impress while he can, the little minutes he's going to get this year."

#GSWStats &#8207;@gswstats

A 3-pointer by @StephenCurry30 gives him 25 points for the night and the Warriors their first lead of evening at 86-84.

If Steph holds up for a season...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Deron is gonna prima donna his way into NYC Arod status if he keeps saying shit like that... Unless he's winning, Then who cares.

I think Simmons will do fine. Magic is terrible, though, and so is Rose.

I think Simmons will be Tony Kornheiser on MNF all over again. You can't just have one outside the box guy, pair him with generic analysts like Wilbon and Magic and expect good things to happen. I can't wait to see the look on Magic and Wilbon's faces the first time he proposes some outlandish trade at halftime and/or compares Derreck Rose to Brendan Walsh from 90210.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom