• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simmons is dying for any reason to talk basketball. He'll do fine.

Every podcast with Bucher and Stein is great.

True, but his mind is always running a hundred miles an hour. A podcast/conversational setting is great for him. A very restricted, very time constrained pre/halftime show? I have my doubts.

Dirk has swelling in his knee, not getting surgery yet.

I suspect he gets surgery eventually this season. And Delonte West has been suspended due to 'conduct detrimental to the team'.

Whose mom got thirsty this time?

He thinks D Will is overrated?

Pretty much, but also the fact that if we would have signed Dwill, the Mavs wouldn't have a decent player in any position other than PG and PF for a few years. The way they went, they can see if Mayo and/or Collison can play up to their potential then possibly sign them, and if not, there's still money to sign try and sign other FAs. I don't really think any starting spot will be a hindrance to the team the way they are currently constructed.

shira

I suspect he gets surgery eventually this season. And Delonte West has been suspended due to 'conduct detrimental to the team'.

thirsty momma said:
Cristal_Taylor_71021a.jpg

pilonv1

Simmons is dying for any reason to talk basketball. He'll do fine.

Every podcast with Bucher and Stein is great.

Because Bucher and Stein follow the sport closely enough to drag Simmons' low level understanding of any non major market team through the duration of it.

Because Bucher and Stein follow the sport closely enough to drag Simmons' low level understanding of any non major market team through the duration of it.

Bucher is pretty terrible too.

Then again, the BS reports with Bucher are terrible...

But Ric Bucher does have those sources to confirm how good Kobe and Rose are and how they're better than LeBron and Durant.

Canuck76

Banned
It's been said, but Ernie/Charles/Kenny/CWebb was the absolute best. Every show was Pure Gold

Simmons is craptastic on TV, he's a nerd who's going to make Teen Wolf and Top Gun references and knob-polish Lebron and the Celtics all day every day.

I want this crew to commentate some games too. Last year that Hawks Heat game they commentated was hilarious

Nori Chan

whose mama would want to go to his crib

homie dont even have cable

whose mama would want to go to his crib

homie dont even have cable

I lol'd.

He has like a baker's dozens worth of people at his place at all times anyway, he'd have to bang your mom at your place. That's disrespectful, insult to injury.

"I made a mess out of yo moms and yo guest bedroom. And you're all out of whipped cream, you'll keep that shit stocked if your mother's happiness means anything to you."

C Webb is one the more articulate player analysts out there. He makes a good color commentator. I'm cringing listening Patrick Ewing on this Knicks Real Training Camp episode on NBA TV.

masud

Banned
Cwebb and GP are hilarious. But the two of them together is too much for broadcast television. Also I hate everything about Jalen Rose (and have since the late 90's) but he's not that bad on TV, he's dumb in an entertaining way, unlike shaq or magic.

h3ro

Jalen is that guy we all know that actually starts sentences with "what had happened was".

He's off the scale for unintentional comedy.

pilonv1

http://www.uni-watch.com/2012/10/16/nba-uniform-advertising-program-may-be-dead/

A little birdie tells me that the uni advertising plan is currently dead. DEAD! Why? I wish I could say it’s because of the #NoUniAds movement. That would be ideal, but it’s not the case. The real reason, however, has a delicious undercurrent of poetic justice: According to the little birdie, the uni advertising program is dead — DEAD! — because the owners couldn’t agree on how to how to share the profits.

How perfect is that? A plan based on greed falls apart because the greedy participants are too greedy to figure out how to share the greed-generated wealth amongst their greedy selves. Serves them all right.

Awesome. Presuming the big market teams didn't want to share their sponsorship dollars with the smaller ones.

Only dead (for now) so it's a minor victory but one I am happy with.

benjipwns

Banned
Oh god at that ESPN lineup. I basically have to watch now. Who knew that Tom Tolbert would be considered a great ESPN analyst in comparison.
Bring back C-Webb to form ultimate basketball entertainment voltron.
Webber is one of the few "stars" who knows how to play a role, Shaq can't do it. Bring Webber on set, and send Shaq out to do remotes and interviews and crap. Or give him some show.

Hell, even Payton gets along with the others.

One thing I've noticed is those guys (Webber, Payton) along with the Inside guys don't take anything personally or just let their opinion hold. And that none of the modern players really take offense to it. Even Bestbrook was friendly with them as they were savaging him. It's like they know Chuck can bash them for the game and then hang out all night.

But the Dwight and Shaq stuff isn't the only instance where Shaq doesn't do that seperation.

EDIT: Actually maybe Shaq should be on the ESPN panel. I'm sure him, Magic and Simmons would produce fun.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Chuck, Kenny, and Ernie better get the John Madden treatment when they retire. They're the best at what they do.

giga

Delonte already suspended huh?
Sources told ESPNDallas.com that West's suspension stems at least in part from an outburst in the locker room after the Mavs' 123-104 preseason win Monday over the Houston Rockets. He had 2 points, 2 assists and 1 rebound in 16 minutes during the win.

West tweeted later Monday: "Sorry moma..." and "I showed off on ur birthday again..."
If there's one thing worth getting suspended for, it's the preseason.

JoeFu

Banned
Ahhh, he just wouldn't be D-West without the crazy.

His wet willy on G-TYME is still one of the best wtf moments from last year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ESPN is just using in-house talent for a band-aid. They're saving the cash for Kobe in 3 years.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jalen is that guy we all know that actually starts sentences with "what had happened was".

He's off the scale for unintentional comedy.

Jalen is pretty bad. Sometimes he'll just start saying shit, and it won't make sense, and he'll keep running with it, as if, the more he talks, the better it is for him.

KingJ2002

Lakers are shopping Steve Blake and Duhon and can apparently sign Fish if they want, not that that would be a good idea.

we need to dump both asap... just to get rid of their contracts and to develop morris... blake and duhon are owed 4 mil a piece this year and next year... and for their production... it isnt worth it for us... especially with nash and kobe controlling the ball.

I would rather see a lineup of Nash, Fisher & Morris at the 1

lots of leadership to control the ball and Morris could become another Dragic or better learning under Nash & Fisher.

plus... Fisher needs to retire a laker. It's only right.

also... with Earl Clark out... we'll need someone to back up the 4 spot.

Time to give Kenyon Martin a call.

Fuck Morris. He isn't even Duhon/Blake tier and has shown almost no improvement. He and Glock should be packaged with Blake/Duhon to get a decent back up. If Mitch can turn Duhon/Glock/Blake/Morris into a decent backup I'll be happy.

Out of all those guys I think Steve Blake is the best option at back up 1.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I have watched ZERO pre-season games thus far.

Take that for what it's worth.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Bobcats/Thunder game will not be televised.

No one will see PJIII play the greatest game of all time.

KingJ2002

Fuck Morris. He isn't even Duhon/Blake tier and has shown almost no improvement. He and Glock should be packaged with Blake/Duhon to get a decent back up. If Mitch can turn Duhon/Glock/Blake/Morris into a decent backup I'll be happy.

Out of all those guys I think Steve Blake is the best option at back up 1.

He's still raw and could use some d-league time to develop his shot... but i'd rather take him over two overpriced and clearly peaked players.

he's cheap, he has a better upside and he'll learn under nash.

but you're right... if we can get a decent backup PG for blake and duhon then i'd take that too... either way... their contracts got to go.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I have watched ZERO pre-season games thus far.

Take that for what it's worth.

I've watched a few.

Here's what I learned:

-Jeremy Lin may have been the biggest bullet New York has dodged since...well, we've never actually dodged any bullets. When shots are fired, we take them straight to the chest. So this is an unknown feeling. I want him to keep sucking and blaming his knee, which is 4 months healed now. I want to experience this once in a lifetime feeling for as long as I can.

Even if it's just preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom