• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I love how NY is trying to rationalize away the kick in the nuts their ownership dealt out yet again

gj
ge

Emwitus

Fuck Morris. He isn't even Duhon/Blake tier and has shown almost no improvement. He and Glock should be packaged with Blake/Duhon to get a decent back up. If Mitch can turn Duhon/Glock/Blake/Morris into a decent backup I'll be happy.

Out of all those guys I think Steve Blake is the best option at back up 1.

Oh hell naw

ReBHL.gif

Fox318

I GOT INTO MED SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't say which one or where, but it's a good one!!!!!

Congrats.

You can be the Neogaf doctor now!!

" I've been shot 7 times with a crossbow. What should I do?"
" I broke my leg 4 hours ago but I don't want to miss Nintendo's E3 press conference. What should I do?"
" I just ate Chick-Fil-A. Do I need to see a doctor?"

thekad

Banned
He may actually be worse. Not only is he just as dumb with the ball in his hands as he was last year, but he's seemed to have lost a lot of explosiveness. It's like watching Jose Calderon if he had Andray Blatche's brain.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Congrats.

You can be the Neogaf doctor now!!

" I've been shot 7 times with a crossbow. What should I do?"
" I broke my leg 4 hours ago but I don't want to miss Nintendo's E3 press conference. What should I do?"
" I just ate Chick-Fil-A. Do I need to see a doctor?"
Here are my answers.

Yes.
No.
Get a second opinion.

Oh hell naw

ReBHL.gif

Who is better than ol' Tire Spike? Andrew Goudelock? Dude's J evaporates in games and he can not make a play to save a life. If Glock was in a Saw situation where he either had to run a play or have his parents killed, he'd be an orphan yesterday. Darius Morris? He's a 4th string pg trapped in a back up PG's body. DJO? He isn't a pg, I'm not sure what that jeepers creepers looking motherfucker is but it ain't a pg. Chris Duhon? He could barely get back up minutes when Jameer was injured. Hypothetical ol' man Fisha man? He's done, I'd rather have him be an assistant than a back pg.

Emwitus

Here are my answers.

Yes.
No.
Get a second opinion.

Congrats playa!!!

Who is better than ol' Tire Spike? Andrew Goudelock? Dude's J evaporates in games and he can not make a play to save a life. If Glock was in a Saw situation where he either had to run a play or have his parents killed, he'd be an orphan yesterday. Darius Morris? He's a 4th string pg trapped in a back up PG's body. DJO? He isn't a pg, I'm not sure what that jeepers creepers looking motherfucker is but it ain't a pg. Chris Duhon? He could barely get back up minutes when Jameer was injured. Hypothetical ol' man Fisha man? He's done, I'd rather have him be an assistant than a back pg.

You know what, i'd rather lakers develop morris/Djo than have blake as a backup. 2 years in a row and nothing. Yes, he did have some pretty stand out games against the no defense nuggets, but he has sucked for 99% of time he has been here.Lakers should be willing to take a chance on the newbies than go through another season of will he or wont he. Morris, may be a liability on offense but his size and age make him a far better option on defense than blake, and quite frankly the lakers need defense more at that position than pg skills.

EdIt: And for the record, old man fisher is better than blake.

Blake is the best option as of now for backup PG, DJO could be a fisher type pg but not soon enough to play 20 or so mins this season, he still has limited O and a shakey jumper. And yes offense will matter with how weak the bench is.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I've watched a few.

Here's what I learned:

-Jeremy Lin may have been the biggest bullet New York has dodged since...well, we've never actually dodged any bullets. When shots are fired, we take them straight to the chest. So this is an unknown feeling. I want him to keep sucking and blaming his knee, which is 4 months healed now. I want to experience this once in a lifetime feeling for as long as I can.

Even if it's just preseason.

Schadenfreude is a good thing

I've watched a few.

Here's what I learned:

-Jeremy Lin may have been the biggest bullet New York has dodged since...well, we've never actually dodged any bullets. When shots are fired, we take them straight to the chest. So this is an unknown feeling. I want him to keep sucking and blaming his knee, which is 4 months healed now. I want to experience this once in a lifetime feeling for as long as I can.

Lin is doing this badly?

I tried clicking the link a few pages back, page doesn't load.

giri

and who is taking on 4 non-backup pg's, and shipping you A backup pg?

and who is taking on 4 non-backup pg's, and shipping you A backup pg?

I didn't clarify, but I don't expect to unload Blake/Glock/Duhon/Morris to 1 team and get a back up caliber PG from them in return.

I meant Mitch will have those 4 contracts and players to play around with, and maybe a bench big.

etiolate

Banned
I have watched ZERO pre-season games thus far.

Take that for what it's worth.

Meyers Leonard is a goon.

IN OTHER TOPIC

There's got to be some unspoken reason that CWebb gets sent back to NBA TV instead of being the 4th on TNT or getting primetime. Even as a color guy on play by play, he made for the most interesting Summer League game by taking Kahn to task on his Darko comparison. Either he doesn't want to commit or there's some power play with Shaq. I guess it could be a Kevin Harlan deal where he has too much personality.

SO much wrong with TV brains.

pilonv1

Freeland looks more of a player than him. Also Ronnie Price is better than Lillard.

Also I hate to pile on Knux but

Nick Young is so far up his own ass that he's not even playing basketball anymore. He's playing Nick Young.

And I love to pile on the Knicks

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/10...otal-and-utter-disaster-from-start-to-finish/

They welcomed in Swizz Beatz, who performed for a little under 20 minutes. To Swizz's credit he made the first mention of a current Knicks player, Carmelo Anthony, in a post-performance interview at about 8:20. It took 50 minutes, 50, for a current Knicks player to be mentioned at their own tip-off event.

Once everyone was in their seats, [Tina] Cervasio reappeared and introduced the person that would help her question the Knicks on stage. I quote: "Once a Knick, always a Knick: Baron Davis!"

[Davis] played 29 games last year on one leg, and did virtually nothing to help the Knicks win games. This is a franchise that can't give Patrick Ewing an assistant coaching job and is in a feud with Charles Oakley. Yet, somehow, Davis will always be a Knick.

Even being questioned by Cervasio and Baron Davis, it's possible that the Knicks players would saying something interesting. Unfortunately, more or less all of their wireless mics weren't working. The fans could barely hear a thing.

Cervasio asked the older players how they are able to play at their age. Rasheed Wallace answered it was because "they took care of their bodies." Nearly all the players on stage started laughing out loud...

As a finale, the rookies got together to sing, "I Believe I Can Fly." The fans booed poor Pablo Prigioni, a 35-year-old Argentinean legend, until he decided to join in.

masud

Banned
I've watched a few.

Here's what I learned:

Lin's going to the Hall, you know that right? We've already been jinxed you tryng to extra jinx us and shit...

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've watched a few.

Here's what I learned:

It could really be his knee, but that's indicative of a much larger problem.

giri

IN OTHER TOPIC

There's got to be some unspoken reason that CWebb gets sent back to NBA TV instead of being the 4th on TNT or getting primetime. Even as a color guy on play by play, he made for the most interesting Summer League game by taking Kahn to task on his Darko comparison. Either he doesn't want to commit or there's some power play with Shaq. I guess it could be a Kevin Harlan deal where he has too much personality.

SO much wrong with TV brains.

It could also be because C-Webb doesn't want to travel. AFAIK, the TNT crew do a lot of their stuff in the Atlanta studio?

And i think just about all the games he commentates are in cali?

Probably has a young family or the like. I can't really think of any other reason, apart from personal crap.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ok Seattle arena is a go as of yesterday

Right now the Kings seem to be the team moving

But another team popped up and that is the Bucks

Don't know how I would feel about that

the Bucks dont have a new arena deal right? cause the Bradley center is old. and Milwaukee gives no fucks about that team. there's the Packers, the Brewers, college sports, then the Bucks beneath that...

Blackace

the Bucks dont have a new arena deal right? cause the Bradley center is old. and Milwaukee gives no fucks about that team. there's the Packers, the Brewers, college sports, then the Bucks beneath that...
They lease their arena and they really don't make money

giri

Ok Seattle arena is a go as of yesterday

Right now the Kings seem to be the team moving

But another team popped up and that is the Bucks

Don't know how I would feel about that

Yeah, the bucks seem to be in a very weird spot. And their owner has whined a lot over the last few years. But at the same time, so much history there. But even when good, it seems that they struggled to get even decent crowds.

Kings seem like one of the teams most likely to move. Problem is, the maloofs don't really want to sell, they just want to make more money from them.

Blackace

Yeah, the bucks seem to be in a very weird spot. And their owner has whined a lot over the last few years. But at the same time, so much history there. But even when good, it seems that they struggled to get even decent crowds.

Kings seem like one of the teams most likely to move. Problem is, the maloofs don't really want to sell, they just want to make more money from them.

I would feel a little bad taking the Bucks..But I think that move would be better for the NBA

giri

I would feel a little bad taking the Bucks..But I think that move would be better for the NBA

Pistons and hawks are the only teams that are really up for sale i think. (Unless the pistons got sold last year, not sure about that?)

76'er's and suns could be bought for the right price (i really don't think sarver holds onto the suns for too much longer), but not sure they'd be moved.

Denver is another odd ball one where the owners have been complaining about money a lot recently.

I don't think the Pacers ever move, with the city owning part of the team. Despite them always losing money (supposedly).

Blackace

Pistons and hawks are the only teams that are really up for sale i think. (Unless the pistons got sold last year, not sure about that?)

76'er's and suns could be bought for the right price (i really don't think sarver holds onto the suns for too much longer), but not sure they'd be moved.

Denver is another odd ball one where the owners have been complaining about money a lot recently.

I don't think the Pacers ever move, with the city owning part of the team. Despite them always losing money (supposedly).

I would never want the 6ers.. it would just be wrong.

Denver is in a decent position now with a young team

I think the Bucks are on the block too

giri

I would never want the 6ers.. it would just be wrong.

Denver is in a decent position now with a young team

I think the Bucks are on the block too

Oh, i meant in addition to the Bucks.

I just think the only teams being ACTIVELY marketed are the pistons and hawks.

TBF, i'd feel shitty about most of those teams moving except detroit.

pilonv1

I would feel sad about most teams moving. I really wish it had been the Hornets since no one cares about them.

Would mean a re-alignment though, hopefully the Hornets would end up in the Leastern conference.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

The Bucks aren't going anywhere as long as Bill Bradley is still alive.

speaking of Bucks

http://www.isportstimes.com/article...cks-watch-live-stream-online-free-preview.htm

The free stream is a link to firstrowsports...this isn't a hack job sports website either. I lol'd

Vahagn

It's so damn glorious watching Morey overpay player after player after player because he does well for a stretch of games in a contract year.

So.Damn.Glorious

giri

I would feel sad about most teams moving. I really wish it had been the Hornets since no one cares about them.

Would mean a re-alignment though, hopefully the Hornets would end up in the Leastern conference.

Yeah, i wouldn't care about the hornets moving. But they'd still be in the west.. as far as i can tell.

I mean, Denver is further east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom