• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIAMI -- Ray Allen admits he's struggling to adjust.

Sure, his shot has been slightly off through his first three preseason games with the Heat. But that's not what's eating away at Allen, the NBA's career leader in 3-point shooting.

Allen also has yet to establish any rhythm with other players projected to be on the Heat's second unit because of injuries. But he knows it's only a matter of time before Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem and Mario Chalmers heal.

There's only one real obstacle complicating Allen's transition from Boston to Miami, where he'll make his home preseason debut Thursday against the Detroit Pistons: South Florida traffic.

“U.S. 1 is the pits,” Allen said of the oft-gridlocked route from his Coral Gables home to AmericanAirlines Arena downtown. “The toughest thing? Probably my commute. Just trying to figure out which way to go. It seems like there's traffic when there shouldn't be traffic. I'm sitting there trying to figure out why there's traffic. I was probably stuck there for 30 minutes and there was just one car pulled over and somebody left it there. So [traffic] was backed the whole way up to [Interstate] 95. Just ridiculous."

Naw man aint no traffic in Miami.

Nerlens Noel has been declared eligible for college basketball after the NCAA realized they didn't want to penalize Kentucky.

Good news for the Cats and Magic and the other bad teams in the league.

I watched this one video of him where he got blocked by the rim and fell on his back

Not too far off in demonstrating his offensive abilities at this point. It seems like he's really underachieved and bought into his own hype over the last year or so, but he's still super athletic and could probably reach Tyson Chandler's level eventually.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I don't know if this is true or not but it shows the degree to which mitch has the other GM's in the league shook by his ability to get what he wants.

With that said I don't see Lebron leaving again for ring chasing reasons. He just needed that first ring nut if they manage to get a few more I could see him being good to play in Miami for his career. Plus he and Howard are far from friends the way they talk shit about each other.

Not too far off in demonstrating his offensive abilities at this point. It seems like he's really underachieved and bought into his own hype over the last year or so, but he's still super athletic and could probably reach Tyson Chandler's level eventually.

Probably about as long as it took Tyson to reach it lol

hint:
it's past his first and second contract extensions

Nerlens Noel has been declared eligible for college basketball after the NCAA realized they didn't want to penalize Kentucky.

Good news for the Cats and Magic and the other bad teams in the league.

We need someone who can score badly. Noel ain't it, so I hope we stay away from him. We need Shabazz or a PF who can rebound and score.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I don't know if this is true or not but it shows the degree to which mitch has the other GM's in the league shook by his ability to get what he wants.

With that said I don't see Lebron leaving again for ring chasing reasons. He just needed that first ring nut if they manage to get a few more I could see him being good to play in Miami for his career. Plus he and Howard are far from friends the way they talk shit about each other.

"Rival exec on Kupchak: "Dude plays poker like an assassin."

Yep if Mitch wants something he will get it done.

Kemba, Wiggins , MKG, Noel, Bismack

Bobcats master tank plan would result in a pretty sexy lineup if Kemba can learn how to play.

MKG is so hard to play well with in 2k though lol.

I'm hoping for:

Kemba, Shabazz, MKG, Bismack, and someone in the 2014 draft who can complement Bismack in the post. We might end up with three 1sts in the 2014 draft so I'm hoping for big things.

And yeah at MKG, I bet he was diappointed when he found out his 2k rating. He thought he should have been an 85.

I'm hoping for:

Kemba, Shabazz, MKG, Bismack, and someone in the 2014 draft who can complement Bismack in the post. We might end up with three 1st in the 2014 draft so I'm hoping for big things.

And yeah at MKG, I bet he was diappointed when he found out his 2k rating. He thought he should have been an 85.

Don't worry, you'll get that in 2013 with Zeller :)

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lakers-374987-buss-free.html
We purposely ended all contracts that year," Buss said. "I can't talk about Kobe (Bryant), but this is what he signed till. So basically we put everything to that, and we want to make a big splash in the free-agent market if we get to that spot. So we designed the contracts and the players and our future all around that."

Lakers executive vice president Jim Buss didn't name LeBron James' name, but Buss said he is excited about the prospect of teaming Dwight Howard and Steve Nash with another superstar in 2014.

Also per Kevin Ding
Dwight openly talking about game play now, so exhibition action should be coming: "I just need to get out there ...
... and get my feet wet." He talked about how after his "first dunk and first block and I'll be OK." He said he'll "be a little nervous out there for the first time." He cautioned not to expect 45 points or 40 rebounds or anything

giri

Oden was fucking awesome in college and high school and had zero medical red flags brought up by any team doctor that examined him, this revisionist history is stupid. Roy was a guy who was sure to get injured fairly soon coming out of college, but Rudy Gay was the only decent player picked after him in the next 14 picks and Gay's not really special.

I thought oden was a known potential injury risk due to him always having leg complaints in college, and the one leg longer. Longer enough to matter.

Roy wasn't a bad pick out of college. It was his extension that was the gamble. KP apparently knew the extent of damage on his knee's and gave him that extension anyway. from what i remember, it's a large part of why KP was shown the door.

I never said it wasn't. The scenario being thrown about here is him going to "Dwights Lakers", which is hilarious.

He'd probably go back to CLE before he'd do that.

I don't see him going to LA, but CLE or NYK? Yeah, i can see that. As morris says though, it's highly speculative. I just wouldn't rule it out with him.

giri

Kevin Druant on the 90 second pre game ritual limit:

“I personally don’t like it,” Durant said of the 90-second rule. “Every player in this league has routines they do with their teammates, rituals they do before the game and before they walk on the floor. The fans like it. The fans enjoy it. You see the fans mimicking the guys who do their stuff before the game. To cut that down really don’t make no sense. Why would you do it? I really don’t agree with it, but I don’t make the rules.”

No Kevin, we don't enjoy it. Stop pissing about and play basketball.

Kevin Druant on the 90 second pre game ritual limit:

No Kevin, we don't enjoy it. Stop pissing about and play basketball.

I actually enjoy the rituals like the chalk toss and KG rage headbutt. That's the stuff thats going to get cut. The players will use all 90 seconds to hug each other instead.

giri

I actually enjoy the rituals like the chalk toss and KG rage headbutt. That's the stuff thats going to get cut. The players will use all 90 seconds to hug each other instead.

Couldn't not give less of a toss about LBJ's toss, or KG head butting shit.

Do it in the locker room.

You're all paid a shit load of money, start the damn game on time.

Gordon’s return is likely to hinge on his tolerance for pain and if he’s in adequate condition.

"I don’t know that timetable yet,’’ Gordon said. "It basically will be determined on how I feel.’’

This won't end well will it

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If by "sure thing" you mean that KD was always gonna be decent, then sure. But he didn't set the league on fire in his first couple of years.

I don't think anyone knew KD would be a "sure thing" franchise player until his third year.
You don't think anybody thought the 19 year old who shot 43% and averaged 20ppg wasn't a sure franchise player?

His rookie numbers were almost the same as LBJ

giri

I dunno giri, I love when Timmy hugs the ball before tip. That shit gets me hype every time.

[I've always thought Wade's pushups on the rim were cool too]

Right.

They can still do those things.

They just now have 90 seconds in which to do it.

So he can either go around and nut hug everyone on the other team, or squeeze the ball.

So at some point I figure Avery is going to run an offense tonight, right?

And Wallace can't hit anything. He really needs to get his 3pt shooting around 35% for his looks to be worth it.

The only upside is that we seem to be hitting the glass, particularly Lopez looks energized.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can someone post that link to the flopping article that depicted all of the different types of flops the writer was describing with YouTube links? It was posted on Monday.

Edit: Found it!

charsace

Probably about as long as it took Tyson to reach it lol

hint:
it's past his first and second contract extensions

Chandler was anchoring the bulls so it didn't take him long to become a good defensive player as a lot of people seem to think. Chandler was just hurt a lot after he left the bulls.

Noel is nothing like chandler. He comes off conceited and loves to play a shitty point forward. The kid thinks he's Lebron.

LQX

Ugh. Only thing that looks good about the Nets is the court and Brooklyn abbreviated on the score clock. Hopefully this does not carry over to the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom