• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Hopefully, the full starting 5 plays.

Yeah hopefully Friday Brown rests Nash and or Kobe then for Sunday everyone is ready to go.

edit:Also updated Avengers Lakers with Jeanie.
8IdCV.jpg

Cats aiming for the goal to make a core capable of making the playoffs and only scoring 75 PPG.

MKG has only just started working to fix his shot, that shit is going to take a lot longer than a few months. Thankfully, as awful as his shot is it's still better than Gerald Wallace's was when he came into the league. That said I'm confident we're going to have the worst offense in the league this year. We'll at least be competent on defense, which is a huge improvement over last year, but we're going to struggle most nights to score.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
MKG has only just started working to fix his shot, that shit is going to take a lot longer than a few months. Thankfully, as awful as his shot is it's still better than Gerald Wallace's was when he came into the league. That said I'm confident we're going to have the worst offense in the league this year. We'll at least be competent on defense, which is a huge improvement over last year, but we're going to struggle most nights to score.

I don't think we'll be competent on defense either. Our rebounding just isn't good enough. I think we'll do better simply because we won't be intentionally throwing games like before - but its gonna be ugly. The offense should at least be respectable for a change...

Not too worried about a 19 year old kid's jumpshot though.

Watching the Heat/Pistons game last night showed me why I love and hate basketball at same time.

On one hand you have the Heat. This team is a pleasure to watch because they have an identity on both ends of the floor. I especially enjoyed the defense. Their ability to rotate on D and cause turnovers by exploiting the other team's weaknesses is pretty impressive.

Then you have the Pistons.......They lack defined roles. They play sloppy. Overall the team is just a damn mess.

Greg Monroe is their best player. So instead of starting the game by getting him established in the post, they run plays for less talented players (I'm looking at you Rodney Stuckey).

WTF......

tl;dr: I love basketball because of teams like the Heat and Lakers who have an identity and execute.

Those without an identity (like the Pistons and lolCats) are hard to watch.

I know that feel bro.

I'm not even sure we (sixers) have a structure still.

Swag ball it seems which is better than the fuckball we had going before.

Pistons/Lolcats?

http://youtu.be/1RWKmsyDXn4

making kemba look good smh

"Fuck yo ankles Knight. And lol @ 96 year old Ben Wallace trying to challenge my shot."

That was pretty bad. lol

I know that feel bro.

I'm not even sure we (sixers) have a structure still.

Swag ball it seems which is better than the fuckball we had going before.

Healthy Bynum+ Nick Young = Super Afro Swag Ball

That could be fun to watch.
Not for Doug Collins though, lol

Young should start. Jrue and Nick are capable defenders and shooters. Just push the ball in low to Drew every possession down the court and hope he learns how to pass out of a double.

I don't think we'll be competent on defense either. Our rebounding just isn't good enough. I think we'll do better simply because we won't be intentionally throwing games like before - but its gonna be ugly. The offense should at least be respectable for a change...

Not too worried about a 19 year old kid's jumpshot though.

I agree about our rebounding, it's going to be lolcat territory again in that category this year. The rebounding is going to affect our defense, but I don't think it's going to be as bad as you're making it out to be. If we play a lineup of Kemba, Hendo, MKG, Bismack, and Haywood we'll be solid on D. I don't know how good Sessions is on the defensive end, but I know Mullens, Thomas, Diop, Williams, and Gordon are all below average defenders (Mullens, lol) so I guess we'll see.

I'm not worried about Gilchrist's shot either. The fact that he's already started the work to change it before he's even played his first NBA game is pretty damn encouraging if you ask me.

DY_nasty

Henderson is going to surprise people this year.

I'm actually not happy about it since we'll definitely get screwed on resigning him.

Henderson is going to surprise people this year.

I'm actually not happy about it since we'll definitely get screwed on resigning him.

I'd like to get him locked into a decent deal as soon as we can before he hits the market so we'll have options if we end up being in a position to draft Shabazz. It's not in Hendo's best interest to sign early though so I don't expect it to happen.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
6 weeks still means hes missing a good 20% of the season or so. I'd say thats a fairly significant amount of time, especially for a team that was already looking at a lower seed in the west to begin with.

DY_nasty

Dirk is out? lol

mayo's time to shine

adam is going to be rocking pony avatar's until next year

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It'll be nice to have some company.

Afflalo looked good in workouts today, evidently hit 12 three pointers in a row - I approve. Our new superstar, better than Dwight!

DY_nasty

so about that fantasy league

what's going on

draft isn't for another 9 days.

i highly suggest someone take the initiative and start another league (or leagues) just to be safe

adam is a busy man. that cup won't pee in itself

Shadow780

Yeah hopefully Friday Brown rests Nash and or Kobe then for Sunday everyone is ready to go.

edit:Also updated Avengers Lakers with Jeanie.
http://i.imgur.com/8IdCV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This makes no sense, Kobe has no defense and shoots as much as Hawkeye.

Haha @ Jeanie

Jamal Crawford said:
This summer was actually the first summer I worked on my game. I usually just play off of raw talent," he said Thursday after the Clippers' practice. "But I just wanted to work on something and be in great shape coming into camp. I came here right after Labor Day, which is the earliest I've ever gone to any team in the summer, and all the guys were here, committed to getting better.

Now it's part of my lifestyle, working out and being here, shooting and getting shots up. It gives you more confidence that if you miss one or two, you know you've been working on it every single day and your teammates have confidence because they see it as well.

lmao

thekad, pilon, ChrisWok, PM me your emails.

I will probably only do one Best-GAF OG league this year, so if anyone wants to make another league with the leftovers, feel free.

If any of those 3 don't PM me, spots will be open.

-Adam

P.S. urfacesux nori

thekad, pilon, ChrisWok, PM me your emails.

I will probably only do one Best-GAF OG league this year, so if anyone wants to make another league with the leftovers, feel free.

If any of those 3 don't PM me, spots will be open.

-Adam

P.S. urfacesux nori

I assume this is a yahoo league? If enough people are interested I'll make it. I would just need help with the scoring/league settings.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Young should start. Jrue and Nick are capable defenders and shooters. Just push the ball in low to Drew every possession down the court and hope he learns how to pass out of a double.
lol lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom