• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm not even sure if you agree with the general them of the post, or the modified version.

so confused.

I always want the best value back for our players in a trade. If the Lakers can get Dwight for a bucket of assy sweat, then Portland should be able to get a solid player in return for another solid player.

giri

I always want the best value back for our players in a trade. If the Lakers can get Dwight for a bucket of assy sweat, then Portland should be able to get a solid player in return for another solid player.

So you agree, everyone on that roster is tradeable or no?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

The problem is nobody says I am not coming back to here and will only play for Portland like they do for LA and have you

Best bet is giving a team a deep playoff for a great
prospect to develop

The Blazers went from a bright future to shit real quick

It had a lot to do with tremendously bad luck. Insert a healthy Oden and Roy into that line up and they're one of the better teams in the Wast. At least part of the problem is their front office. Look at how often they shift front office personnel around, fire people, etc. I would honestly rebuild the team at this point. They're not going anywhere and fast. If you would have told me four or five years ago that the Timberwolves would be more competitive than the Blazers in 2012 I would have laughed you out of the building.

giri

It had a lot to do with tremendously bad luck. Insert a healthy Oden and Roy into that line up and they're one of the better teams in the Wast. At least part of the problem is their front office. Look at how often they shift front office personnel around, fire people, etc. I would honestly rebuild the team at this point. They're not going anywhere and fast. If you would have told me four or five years ago that the Timberwolves would be more competitive than the Blazers in 2012 I would have laughed you out of the building.
Eh, less bad luck, more bad bets.

pilonv1

because Steve Francis refused to play for them, so they spent a quarter of their cap space on Brian Reeves and drove fan interest into the gutter. drafting rafael arujo wasnt as dumb as that move from Vancouver's FO.

Bitterly disappointed this signal wasn't answered

Blackace

Oden over KD will really haunt them forever at least when they passed on MJ they had Clyde so looked at another position

But KD burnt down the house with his workout and they still decided to roll the instead of taking the sure thing

The Blazers are likley going to be picking in the lottery again this year. That will give them Lillard, Leonard, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, and their 2013 lottery pick to build around. That's not all that bad if you ask me. I also think Barton will be a starter in this league sooner rather than later. He isn't physically ready to play starters minutes, but I still can't believe he dropped as far as he did.

Oden was fucking awesome in college and high school and had zero medical red flags brought up by any team doctor that examined him, this revisionist history is stupid. Roy was a guy who was sure to get injured fairly soon coming out of college, but Rudy Gay was the only decent player picked after him in the next 14 picks and Gay's not really special.

Blackace

Oden was fucking awesome in college and high school and had zero medical red flags brought up by any team doctor that examined him, this revisionist history is stupid. Roy was a guy who was sure to get injured fairly soon coming out of college, but Rudy Gay was the only decent player picked after him in the next 14 picks and Gay's not really special.

He always had one leg longer than the other and moved like a man broken down...

KD was EVEN better in high school and college and never had a major injury.. Nothing revisionst about that..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Oden was consistently bothered by nagging injuries throughout high school and college as well.

Roy was a timebomb, but still...

KingGondo

Banned
But KD burnt down the house with his workout and they still decided to roll the instead of taking the sure thing
If by "sure thing" you mean that KD was always gonna be decent, then sure. But he didn't set the league on fire in his first couple of years.

I don't think anyone knew KD would be a "sure thing" franchise player until his third year.

Misterhbk

The Blazers are likley going to be picking in the lottery again this year. That will give them Lillard, Leonard, Aldridge, Batum, Matthews, and their 2013 lottery pick to build around. That's not all that bad if you ask me. I also think Barton will be a starter in this league sooner rather than later. He isn't physically ready to play starters minutes, but I still can't believe he dropped as far as he did.

How many years are left on LA's contract? Dude has to be ready to bolt. How many rebuildings has he been through with this team?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
How many years are left on LA's contract? Dude has to be ready to bolt. How many rebuildings has he been through with this team?

This is only his first. He's got a long ways to go before he's KG or Dirk when it comes to watching his team be rebuilt around him every 3 years. Even when Roy went down, that team was still 'competing'. Oden's shit never even mattered that much tbh

Yeah, exactly, only un-tradable to the blazer fans.

He's just not on a durant/lbj level.

Nah, lma is totally tradable for the right deal. He's an nba 2nd teamer at best. He will always be a very good, consistent big man, but he's just not going to be a 1st option on a championship team.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
This is only his first. He's got a long ways to go before he's KG or Dirk when it comes to watching his team be rebuilt around him every 3 years. Even when Roy went down, that team was still 'competing'. Oden's shit never even mattered that much tbh

Garnett only saw McHale try to retool twice: the Ricky Davis, Mike James era (it was quite traumatic), and then with young guys like McCants and Foye. And he still never asked out.

charsace

If by "sure thing" you mean that KD was always gonna be decent, then sure. But he didn't set the league on fire in his first couple of years.

I don't think anyone knew KD would be a "sure thing" franchise player until his third year.

He didn't set the league on fire in his first year in which he shot like crap. After that he's been a monster of a player. His development is like Dirk's except on steroids.

His second year was 25ppg with a 57%ts. That's better than decent. And even in his first year things really started to look up for him in the second half of the season.

I could see you breaking your wrist doing that but not your hand.

That shits bad on your joints though. Not sure who's recommending that sort of training when weight training is infinitely more effective.

I could see you breaking your wrist doing that but not your hand.

That shits bad on your joints though. Not sure who's recommending that sort of training when weight training is infinitely more effective.
Not the Wolves training staff...If it's true and that's how he hurt it, it's on his personal trainer

Anyways, Woj is saying he could be back within 5 or 6 weeks, so that's only a month of season lost

"There's no question I've talked to him about it," Del Negro said. "I have confidence in him, and he's a veteran guy."

Odom got the night off Wednesday because of soreness in his knees. Grant Hill also didn't play.

Despite Del Negro's concerns about Odom's physical state, he has been impressed with the forward's contributions.

"He's got to work through some conditioning things and some health things right now, which he's doing," Del Negro said. "I've been pleased with his involvement and intensity in practice and in the locker room."

Kobe/Pau expire along with every other contract except Dwight/Nash.

Ray, wade, battier, Miller and so on will be done. Bosh, Bron and Cole plus whoever takes a small deal will be miami.

Mike Brown's contract will be in it's 4th year which is a team option.

Makes too much sense to happen.

You people really believe Lebron would put himself thru 2010 again? LOL.

He wasn't dumb for just 1 thing, he did consecutive dumb things. He should have learned his lesson before he was live on TV getting his Cavs jersey burned. He was rolling down a hill picking up momentum and kept going forward.

I don't think it's farfetched to see him bounce again. Exercises his option to get a true max somewhere.

He wasn't dumb for just 1 thing, he did consecutive dumb things. He should have learned his lesson before he was live on TV getting his Cavs jersey burned. He was rolling down a hill picking up momentum and kept going forward.

I don't think it's farfetched to see him bounce again. Exercises his option to get a true max somewhere.
lark is worried that lebron will leave the heat.

I never said it wasn't. The scenario being thrown about here is him going to "Dwights Lakers", which is hilarious.

He'd probably go back to CLE before he'd do that.

#ynot

If Wade is done by 2014 like I think he will be, as will Ray Allen, the Heat will basically just be Cavs 2.0

That's going to be a really interesting year for sure. Doubt it happens, but I'm not sure if the Heat will be his best option at that time.

It would be sweet if he went back to Cleveland. If Kyrie can stay healthy he'll probably be the best point guard in the league at that point.

I never said it wasn't. The scenario being thrown about here is him going to "Dwights Lakers", which is hilarious.

We're on the same page then. Predicting where he lands 2 years before it can potentially happen is speculative as fuck.

Him leaving in general on the otherhand, I can see that happening. Wouldn't put an odds on it, but I could definitely see it with how the heat will potentially look

You people really believe Lebron would put himself thru 2010 again? LOL.
you actually think lebron is incapable of not backstabbing miami fans?

He'd probably go back to CLE before he'd do that.
so you DO see him leaving.
glad we got that cleared away.
now onto the speculation of a dwight/lebron duo after kobe.
leggo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom