• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah hopefully Friday Brown rests Nash and or Kobe then for Sunday everyone is ready to go.

edit:Also updated Avengers Lakers with Jeanie.
8IdCV.jpg
Gasol's head should be on the character immediately behind Thor.

espn:the misunderstood genius of javale mcgee

"Everything I do is premeditated," says McGee, who grew up in Flint, Mich., with dreams of being a filmmaker. Quentin Tarantino and Guy Ritchie were his faves. As a kid, he produced Blair Witch Project rip-offs by taking his aunt's camera and shooting in night-vision mode. When it came time to choose a college, USC was his top choice because of its renowned film school, but the Trojans wanted him to redshirt, so he opted for the University of Nevada. "I chose basketball over film."
dat wisdom.

As for McGee's off-court life, the Nuggets are content to let JaVale be JaVale. He still sends out bizarre tweets ("#weak when u make a million dollars, cash it into quarters, try to dive into it like Scrooge mcduck and break both ur arms!"). He still zooms around downtown Denver on a Segway. He still does curious things, like when he plunked down 30 bucks for a red furry plush Elmo backpack that's been practically attached to his back ever since, and for which he's received constant ribbing from friends and strangers alike. Recently, as he and Elmo were walking out of the 16th Street Noodles & Company, a woman stopped him. "It's ironic that you're so big and you have this little kid's backpack," she said. To which McGee responded, "Finally ... someone gets it!"

deep shit.

Bron to LA, aint happening, the dude is just starting to get in people's good graces again and being an object of hate really bothered the dude when it was happening. he looks turrible in those colours, btw.

Flash

even if bron does leave the heat there won't nearly be as much hate as there was last time.

First of all, leaving your die hard fans in your hometown is different from leaving the (mostly) fair weather fans down in south beach. And I'm pretty confident he won't repeat all of the mistakes he did last time - he won't tease/anger fans by wearing NYY hats, leave team officials and fans in the dark for such a long time, quit on his team, and go on ESPN to announce his decision. And he's already proved his worth with his chip and finals MVP. One of the main criticism was that he was overrated and unaccomplished.

That said, I don't see him going to LA... they are getting way ahead of themselves thinking about cap space 2 years down the road when they are already built to win now. I could see him going back to Cleveland if Gilbert is out by then or they reconcile their differences.

Joe just got beat off the dribble by JRich.

lawl.

almost as sad as us getting styled on by Bropez.

I guess he's found his soul again....or bought one.

even if bron does leave the heat there won't nearly be as much hate as there was last time.

First of all, leaving your die hard fans in your hometown is different from leaving the (mostly) fair weather fans down in south beach. And I'm pretty confident he won't repeat all of the mistakes he did last time - he won't tease/anger fans by wearing NYY hats, leave team officials and fans in the dark for such a long time, quit on his team, and go on ESPN to announce his decision. And he's already proved his worth with his chip and finals MVP. One of the main criticism was that he was overrated and unaccomplished.

That said, I don't see him going to LA... they are getting way ahead of themselves thinking about cap space 2 years down the road when they are already built to win now. I could see him going back to Cleveland if Gilbert is out by then or they reconcile their differences.

going to LA to team up with Dwight is not a good optic. it aint as bad the decision, but teaming up with another superstar, as Wade starts declining is not a good look. nobody wants their career to be defined by a bunch of bunnyhops to chip ready teams.

Nelo Ice

Banned

That's the point. Buss has admitted their contracts as constructed are designed for FA in 2014 to reload. Nothing wrong with preparing for the future when their goal is to win a chip every season. I think it's possible LBJ comes to LA just because Mitch and Buss have pulled off the impossible multiple times before, so just about any pipe dream has a chance at becoming a reality

Flash

Lowry, you are amazing. Again, feels good to finally have a real PG.

yes! honestly I'm cool with losing out on Nash now that we picked up Lowry... but I aint a fan of how BC just assumed we were going to get Nash. Ross and Fields were not good pick ups IMO.

But Lowry and Val future!

giri

yes! honestly I'm cool with losing out on Nash now that we picked up Lowry... but I aint a fan of how BC just assumed we were going to get Nash. Ross and Fields were not good pick ups IMO.

But Lowry and Val future!

You... missed out on nash.....

wut.

Flash

You... missed out on nash.....

wut.

Well Raptors were pretty close to signing him... had Lakers not shown up he'd probably would've ended up here.

And if he did come he would've just wasted his time as we'd be first round fodder till his contract is up. Bargnani and Derozan are not guys that you want to depend on as ur top 3 players lol.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
James White is nicer than I thought. He looks like a real roleplayer out there and I thought he was going to be just a bench filler.

Lebron won't go to the Lakers. He doesn't have to be despsrate any more. He got his ring. Now is just about building on his legacy, and after the "Taking my talents to..." debacle, he won't want to repeat that again. Dude is just starting to build back up some of that good will, it would all come tumbling down if he was seen as a front runner that jumped to LA. He seems like a guy that cares too much about what people think to put himself through that again.

That said, I'm glad at least the Lakers are targeting clearing Kobe/Pau/Artest/Blake off the books and rebuilding in FA that year. Might not land us Bron but it will get us another superstar to pair with Dwight going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom