• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

ouch. dam he has bad luck.

That's not luck that's upper management and med staff giving him the green light when the ankle isn't stable.

Sucks he's probably going to need to retire and come back ala Grant Hill because no team is going to pay him and not play him & he'll play even if he's not 100%

SamuraiX-

Hey, we beat the Lakers.

I don't know about you guys, but that's something to brag about regardless of what month of the year it is.

A win is a win, baby. dat some impressive shit don't hate

Canuck76

Banned
For the last few years you, and people like you have been praying for the Nets to finish higher in the standing than the Knicks, but it hasn't happened. Even after the Knicks had one of the worst seasons in league history people thought they would have a better record than the Knicks. Do you and other people realize that big record swings from one season to the next don't happen often?

You know what i want? You know what i really want in my heart of hearts? Is for your frigging fanbase to have some hope. Let's be real here there is none.

Carmelo's great, i love him. Took a dump in the playoffs but it was against the Heat.

Chandler can anchor the D, great. And pick up some rebounds. Good. But come one man. Fatty Felton at point? And 41? year old J kidd backing him up? Amare? How will that work? Will those Hakeem workouts do anything? Will Chandler, Amare and Melo even play together? They were middling last year. Just a middling team, that had a tough time working together. Oh that Lin guy helped out. He's gone though. And when this cookie crumbles it'll crumble fast. Guys will check out and just take the paycheck.

They might win this year sure. They might even prove me wrong for this year and finish top 5. But a championship? That's not happening at all. You know that, i know that. And a total chaotic breakdown has a lot higher chance of happening when this team buckles under the weight of the fans who have been waiting sooo long

And where does the hope come from in the future? I love Iman but come on son. This is a win now team that will not win enough now. Period. Signing as many 40 and over vets won't change that.

You need to tear this whole thing down and restart it. Because this team is not built to win a chip. And if a tear down doesn't happen soon it'll be another decade of waiting.

And that's honestly not what i want.

pilonv1

Stephen Curry ‏@StephenCurry30

Ankle will be fine. Freak play. But Good win tonight...now on the way to LA.

Warriors get serious scare as PG Stephen Curry rolls right ankle. Team sources said this latest ankle issue is not as serious as it looked. He was kicked in the back of his heel by Wesley Matthews. It wasn't one of his plant-and-buckle sprains Warriors fans have gotten used to seeing. Curry could have played. According to @Rusty_SFChron, he tried to re-enter the game. But Mark Jackson, who has been cautious with Curry all along, told Curry "no." The sources I talked to didn't seem too concerned.

EVERYTHING IS FINE I DO NOT HAVE A NOOSE IN MY HAND ANYMORE

h3ro

You know what i want? You know what i really want in my heart of hearts? Is for your frigging fanbase to have some hope. Let's be real here there is none.

Bnwcd.jpg

League ain't ready for our new uniforms.

pilonv1

Curry needs better shoes... Or something. Those hyper dunks will end him.

I

Shoes wont help, he changed last season and it still happened. It's how he plants his foot, too much weight on the outside.

Anyway as you can see from the gif, this was a freak one. Hopefully won't happen again.

Shoes wont help, he changed last season and it still happened. It's how he plants his foot, too much weight on the outside.

Anyway as you can see from the gif, this was a freak one. Hopefully won't happen again.

Yeah I don't get those types of posts. He simply stepped wrong, pretty sure anybody would have rolled there ankle on that play.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah I don't get those types of posts. He simply stepped wrong, pretty sure anybody would have rolled there ankle on that play.

I really, really disagree with that.

Not even in football, when you have Olineman getting run underneath each other constantly, do you see that happen. Most people would simply have their body moved, they'd fall, or they'd turn with it or something - Curry's ankle rolled like their was simply no other option there. That thing is putty. This is what GS gets after rushing him back all those times...

Emwitus

Carmelo's great, i love him. Took a dump in the playoffs but it was against the Heat.

Chandler can anchor the D, great. And pick up some rebounds. Good. But come one man. Fatty Felton at point? And 41? year old J kidd backing him up? Amare? How will that work? Will those Hakeem workouts do anything? Will Chandler, Amare and Melo even play together? They were middling last year. Just a middling team, that had a tough time working together. Oh that Lin guy helped out. He's gone though. And when this cookie crumbles it'll crumble fast. Guys will check out and just take the paycheck.

They might win this year sure. They might even prove me wrong for this year and finish top 5. But a championship? That's not happening at all. You know that, i know that. And a total chaotic breakdown has a lot higher chance of happening when this team buckles under the weight of the fans who have been waiting sooo long

And where does the hope come from in the future? I love Iman but come on son. This is a win now team that will not win enough now. Period. Signing as many 40 and over vets won't change that.

You need to tear this whole thing down and restart it. Because this team is not built to win a chip. And if a tear down doesn't happen soon it'll be another decade of waiting.

And that's honestly not what i want.

Good points but at this stage Felton is a way better fit for the knicks than Lin. Lin was a long prospect project. He wouldn't have jelled well with the knicks....whether it be inexperience in the playoffs, jealousy by other team mates from his sudden success etc etc. Looking at felton over the preseason he looks in way better shape than last year and his production on court is better too. There trading him away may have been the best move they made in the offseason. No more over bearing press on melo/amare too.

I really, really disagree with that.

Not even in football, when you have Olineman getting run underneath each other constantly, do you see that happen. Most people would simply have their body moved, they'd fall, or they'd turn with it or something - Curry's ankle rolled like their was simply no other option there. That thing is putty. This is what GS gets after rushing him back all those times...

IDK man. That gif looks standard as hell. His left foot is semi in the air which tells me his weight was on that right foot, and thats 6-5 220 running over that. Steph aint no linesman.

Will Dumbandre break the FT record this year?

Sent pilon and kad invites.

ChrisWok, where you at?

Also, shame on commish and Opinionated for not coming back.

Derrick Williams sucks.

But, hey, Malcolm Lee looked solid. Preseason!
You're doing it wrong...

You are supposed to blame your failure 2nd overall pick's lack of ability on everyone BUT him just sucking.

So uh... Adleman is holding him back and stuff.u

Yeah.........

I know this feel well , DraftLoserbro

You're doing it wrong...

You are supposed to blame your failure 2nd overall pick's lack of ability on everyone BUT him just sucking.

So uh... Adleman is holding him back and stuff.u

Yeah.........

I know this feel well , DraftLoserbro

Don't worry, once Paul leaves after this year I'll regain my loserbro status again.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
whoa

NBA League Pass is showing pre-season games now

YES!

edit: well on tv not LPBB in the US. My log in doesn't even work yet for LPBB

was this question/statement by a heat fan to the heat beat writer for real?

Q: Will the addition of Leandro Barbosa to the Celtics make a difference? He might add more defense to the Celtics' bench. Thanks very much. -- Sean.

A: Barbosa is beyond his days of being a difference maker. The Celtics' offseason moves are interesting, because it's almost as if they're looking to plug holes, rather than build around their newcomers. It still comes down to how much Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce have left in their tanks.

hopefully I can watch the Spurs v Miami is on league pass.

You use the international version right? It should be on there.

Im stuck between a couple rocks with this shit. The us version won't load because im in Europe and I can't buy the international version because my cards are all American. I really hate dealing with proxies but this seems like my only choice.

You use the international version right? It should be on there.

Im stuck between a couple rocks with this shit. The us version won't load because im in Europe and I can't buy the international version because my cards are all American. I really hate dealing with proxies but this seems like my only choice.

Yeah its on now.

That sucks though.

giri

The dude got labeled back in college... which is ridiculous because he played for a Calipari team.

Kobe's shit on and off the court more than lines up with Cousin's on every level short of a rape charge. Its nothing more than sports media pushing a story/theme again.
Basically

Sports media (i hesitate to say journalism) is really pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom