• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

They really should consider it, because they can't afford to keep him at the end of the season. Suns will trade them PJ Tucker and Channing Frye.

Barnes still has two years left on his rookie contract. They just need serious bench help and I think they should sell on high on him (going by my personal view of Barnes which I know isn't that popular...) which is why I was thinking of a trade for him. Curry-Iggy-Bogut will be a great core in the playoffs and it would be a major missed opportunity if lack of back PG and center ends up crippling the team's chances.

giri

Barnes still has two years left on his rookie contract. They just need serious bench help and I think they should sell on high on him (going by my personal view of Barnes which I know isn't that popular...) which is why I was thinking of a trade for him. Curry-Iggy-Bogut will be a great core in the playoffs and it would be a major missed opportunity if lack of back PG and center ends up crippling the team's chances.
Yeah I can understand the concerns with him. But I agrre and for a team like the suns worth the risk.

pilonv1

Lee will either expire or be traded in his final year. There's enough money for both Barnes and Klay. Lacob will spend money, they're not moving to the SF arena with a broken up team.

giri said:
Okc lost a ring because their bench was terrible.

Have you seen their bench now?

giri

Lee will either expire or be traded in his final year. There's enough money for both Barnes and Klay. Lacob will spend money, they're not moving to the SF arena with a broken up team.

Not this year. Okc games are turrible to watch and I generally only get to see 4 games a week atm.

AcridMeat

Banned
I saw him first. I wanted him as a Warrior back in his Sophmore season I think, maybe Junior when he was playing on the team with Lucas.
Were you doing Draymond chants in the stands last season? This guy was. The second he checked in.
sometimes shouting to put him in

Not this year. Okc games are turrible to watch and I generally only get to see 4 games a week atm.

Jackson/Lamb/Adams/Collison

Pretty solid bench.

Maybe I'm biased but somehow Adams hasn't been a complete bust this year which already exceeded my expectations, he is actually a good player. The OKC fan in me hated the fact that we drafted him but the Kiwi in me was happy for Adams. Best of both worlds.

KingGondo

Banned
Our bench is the biggest reason for our record. Reggie is becoming a star sixth man, Lamb and Adams have exceeded expectations, and Collison is as solid and reliable as ever. Even PJ3 has been very good.

This year has been fun so far.

diehard

Fleer
Im not even joking when i say a contender needs to make a trade for Marvin Williams, dude could really helps some teams.

If Rudy Gobert gets enough time to qualify, he will lead the league in TRB% and have a chance for the highest since Rodman. If Corbin plays Beans anymore im gonna be pissed.

Since Burke and Marvin have gotten back, Favors and Burks have played extremely well and the Jazz have been 11th in offense.

Terrible news for the tank, not sure how the team won't catch Sacramento now that Gay is part of that team.

Decent news for the talent level of our guys though.

Fox318

Yeah. I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt but Woodson is a terrible coach. Hes just plain bad and has absolutely no idea what hes doing anymore. I just want the Knicks to continue losing so they can fire his bald ass

Its not that he is a terrible coach its that he isn't really coaching or his players aren't doing anything.

They need a good point guard and I think its become clear that despite Lins shortcomings they shouldn't have let him go.

otapnam

Fuck the sf arena. They're trying to cater to all the new tech money and ditch the real fans. Its Going to be like shitty giants games where the fans are all on their phones.

Traffic is going to be bullshit on weeknights too. My office is less than a mile away from the proposed site. Its far closer to the bay bridge ramp and will have less parking than pacbell park.

Fuck the sf arena. They're trying to cater to all the new tech money and ditch the real fans. Its Going to be like shitty giants games where the fans are all on their phones.

Traffic is going to be bullshit on weeknights too. My office is less than a mile away from the proposed site. Its far closer to the bay bridge ramp and will have less parking than pacbell park.

I have a feeling you just don't like San Francisco

otapnam

I have a feeling you just don't like San Francisco

I love sf. Just tired of the shit politicians & carpetbaggers ruining the bay area

EDIT: but back to basketball... I wonder what kind of game we'll see on Fri between the rockets n warriors. Iggys still not back and with bev n lin on curry I can see a problem for the Warriors if we fall behind.

Hope lin does well tonight against portland too

The Jazz could probably swing Marvin to the Grizz for Prince and a 2nd. You guys are going to need to take on salary next year anyway, especially if you're not going to resign GTyme. Prince's contract only has 1 extra year on it too.

And speaking of trades the 15th is coming up this Sunday, any guesses on who gets moved this weekend?

If no one wants Asik, maybe he'll realize he's forever destined to be a role player off the bench, and will finally be content playing as Howards backup with plenty meaningful minutes. We could use him to help Howard get rest when he needs it.

If no one wants Asik, maybe he'll realize he's forever destined to be a role player off the bench, and will finally be content playing as Howards backup with plenty meaningful minutes. We could use him to help Howard get rest when he needs it.
I'd take him, but he's a bit too much of a whiner. And if it's one thing the Clippers won't tolerate, it's a whiney player.

KingGondo

Banned
People want Asik. They just know Houston is in a terrible negotiating position and aren't willing to give much up for him.

Morey wants Ryan Anderson or a player of similar quality, and that isn't gonna happen.

They might be able to get Millsap, but they'd have to give up more than Asik to get him.

Lee's offense has gone down the toilet. His high FG% was pretty much his saving grace. Without that, there's really no point in playing him. I still can't believe how much he and Bogut just don't mesh on defense (would've thought that they would cover each's deficiencies on that end of the court). Maybe bringing him off the bench could jump start his offense. I wouldn't mind swapping him for Barnes into the starting lineup just for a bit. Let Lee work against other team's second unit.

otapnam

Lee's offense has gone down the toilet. His high FG% was pretty much his saving grace. Without that, there's really no point in playing him. I still can't believe how much he and Bogut just don't mesh on defense (would've thought that they would cover each's deficiencies on that end of the court). Maybe bringing him off the bench could jump start his offense. I wouldn't mind swapping him for Barnes into the starting lineup just for a bit. Let Lee work against other team's second unit.

all they do is give the ball to curry and run screens for him, then they dump to Lee sometimes in a bad position. I wouldnt just blame lee when its more about the overall offensive strategy

Emwitus

After Kobe Bryant downplayed the Los Angeles Lakers' modest success in going 10-9 without him, saying Monday, "It's not like we were gangbusters before," coach Mike D'Antoni came to the defense of Bryant's teammates.

Kobe sure knows how to stir that pot.

Tom Penny

do you have facts to back this up

kobefail.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns West Backcourt: K.Bryant (501,215), C.Paul (393,313), S.Curry (327,449), J.Lin (240,404).

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns West Frontcourt: K.Durant (607,407), D.Howard (295,120), B.Griffin (292,925), K.Love (275,506).

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns East Backcourt: D.Wade (396,279), K.Irving (365,712), D.Rose (272,410), J.Wall (124,851).

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns East Frontcourt: L.James (609,336), P.George (489,335), C.Anthony (424,211) R.Hibbert (208,369)

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns West Backcourt: K.Bryant (501,215), C.Paul (393,313), S.Curry (327,449), J.Lin (240,404).

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns West Frontcourt: K.Durant (607,407), D.Howard (295,120), B.Griffin (292,925), K.Love (275,506).

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns East Backcourt: D.Wade (396,279), K.Irving (365,712), D.Rose (272,410), J.Wall (124,851).

NBAAllStar Balloting by @Sprint 1st Returns East Frontcourt: L.James (609,336), P.George (489,335), C.Anthony (424,211) R.Hibbert (208,369)

coaches pls

Top Bottom