• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
"Wait until you go on a 10-game east coast trip." -- Webber

Wait, what the fuck? lmao c'mon Chris.

reilo

What I love is that everyone was on OKC's cock the moment they won 50-games despite not doing shit before, but they acting like this team isn't full of players that are hungry and in their prime or with the experience to win some games.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
couple of years ago, Portland was in the top 2 in the west for 1/3 of the season then fell off the map.

reilo

couple of years ago, Portland was in the top 2 in the west for 1/3 of the season then fell off the map.

No they weren't... They started 7-2 in the lockout year, and last season they were 20-15 before they fell off. That was it. This is something else.

ARE THESE BLAZERS FOR REAL?

It's funny how these comments are still pouring in when they're on the same level of basketball knowledge as charles barkley's opinions. I think coach nick/ben golliver's approach is a little more realistic. Blazers will probably be a top 4 seed and lose in the 2nd round. Acting like this is the same team that had raymond fucking felton running our offense and nate mcmillain in full retreat is pretty goddamn dumb.

Also, I feel like james harden would be a much better player if he wasn't such a flopping, whining bitch. Dude's offensive game is unreal when he's hot. Best play of the game was dwight giving up and pouting on a defensive rebound as the ball was bouncing into lma's hands for a layup.

No they weren't... They started 7-2 in the lockout year, and last season they were 21-15 before they fel off. That was it. This is something else.

You honestly think they are gonna keep up this ridiculous shooting all year? Aldridge is a great player and maybe the best PF in the league but he's not Kevin Durant. They'll make the playoffs and maybe even make a Warriors like run but that's kind of their ceiling.

linsivvi

as the award is being presented to lebron james

Nah, unless the Heat go 55-5 or so the rest of the way he most likely won't get it. It's voter fatigue and the media loves new story lines. They gave one to Malone during Jordan's prime and one to AI during Shaq's prime.

exarkun

Mad respect for portland, Ive been saying for years LMA is that dude, and hes looked the part all season so far. GG portland, I'll take a close loss to the best or second best team in the NBA at their home any day of the week. Rockets finally playing some semblance of D, and despite missing Dwight for some easier post points, we really incorporated Dwight into the offensive scheme this game. This should be a blueprint going forward.

T-Jones tho, gotdamn he got abused by LMA. Like, LOL bad abused. And it was good to hear the TnT crew give praise to Parsons for the defense he brings to this Houston team.

Again, good fucking job. Was a great game.

giri

What I love is that everyone was on OKC's cock the moment they won 50-games despite not doing shit before, but they acting like this team isn't full of players that are hungry and in their prime or with the experience to win some games.

I love that you get salty about every single one of them.

ARE THESE BLAZERS FOR REAL?

It's funny how these comments are still pouring in when they're on the same level of basketball knowledge as charles barkley's opinions. I think coach nick/ben golliver's approach is a little more realistic. Blazers will probably be a top 4 seed and lose in the 2nd round. Acting like this is the same team that had raymond fucking felton running our offense and nate mcmillain in full retreat is pretty goddamn dumb.

Also, I feel like james harden would be a much better player if he wasn't such a flopping, whining bitch. Dude's offensive game is unreal when he's hot. Best play of the game was dwight giving up and pouting on a defensive rebound as the ball was bouncing into lma's hands for a layup.

James harden would be a better player if he wasn't showing up drunk to games.

KingGondo

Banned
I never understand why fans get up in arms over the opinions of "analysts", especially ones who are there for entertainment like Chuck.

He repeatedly laments the lack of a big post scorer on OKC while the current back-to-back NBA champ doesn't have one either.

The Blazers are obviously good, and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up come playoff time.

Talon

"Santa Cuz" was at the Natomas Walmart on Tuesday night hosting a Christmas shopping event for 100 underprivileged children. Each youngster had dinner, played games, received $150 to spend and had pictures taken with Cousins. Fifty of the children got bikes bought by Wells Fargo.

One boy who recognized the Sacramento center despite the Santa suit was told by the 6-foot-11 Santa Cuz that he couldn't be DeMarcus Cousins because Cousins was "on the naughty list."
Lmao

I never understand why fans get up in arms over the opinions of "analysts", especially ones who are there for entertainment like Chuck.

He repeatedly laments the lack of a big post scorer on OKC while the current back-to-back NBA champ doesn't have one either.

The Blazers are obviously good, and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it up come playoff time.

I officially stopped taking him seriously when he said that he liked "That Mullens kid who is seven feet and has size"

Also remember when Reilo was calling heat fans sensitive for being over defensive? Lol at him getting mad at TNT crew last night

Welcome back to relevance my friend

Smokey

Is there anyway morey can fleece and somehow get Asik to end up in Sacramento? Maybe Milwaukee.

I want him banished and exiled

Two more teams, then, that continue to be mentioned as potential trade partners for Asik in addition to Atlanta and Cleveland are Philadelphia (Thaddeus Young) and Milwaukee (Ersan Ilyasova).

Because when you have John Henson and Larry Sanders already, what you need are more paint protectors.

KingGondo

Banned
I officially stopped taking him seriously when he said that he liked "That Mullens kid who is seven feet and has size"
He gets a hard-on for any post player with a pulse. He predicted great things for Steven Adams too, but those appear to actually have a chance of coming true. Something something broken clock, etc. etc.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is there anyway morey can fleece and somehow get Asik to end up in Sacramento? Maybe Milwaukee.

I want him banished and exiled

Cleveland is the best case scenario for banishment I'd figure.

I have to say though the logic of having to trade Asik to a Eastern Conference team makes zero sense to me. It's not like you'd mind all that much having to play against him. He's good but he's not that good where you write off half the teams in the league to make a trade work.

Cleveland is the best case scenario for banishment I'd figure.

I have to say though the logic of having to trade Asik to a Eastern Conference team makes zero sense to me. It's not like you'd mind all that much having to play against him. He's good but he's not that good where you write off half the teams in the league to make a trade work.

He's the 17th best player in the league going by RAPM though :)

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/ratings/2013.html

And RAPM is very good:

http://www.apbr.org/metrics/viewtopic.php?t=8196&p=15343

reilo

Also remember when Reilo was calling heat fans sensitive for being over defensive? Lol at him getting mad at TNT crew last night

I did no such thing, what are you on about? showmethereceipts.gif

Only thing I got mad about was that they showed the entirety of the Nets/Clippers game and didn't start the Blazers game til 7:50PM.

Smokey

That's not even the same thing.

I dunno, just guessing.

Kenny did say if they weren't so young and had some more experience he legit thinks they could win it all. I'd say that's pretty high praise for a team that wasn't expected to be even close to what they are now at the beginning of the season.

reilo

THE RECEIPT GOT SHOWN

Actually, I just really read what Webber said. You have a legit complaint lol

... I made fun of Webber, that wasn't complaining. I also made fun of Barkley for picking OKC and being on their jock. You ain't show shit. Go to bed bro, you're drunk.

So far, Maynor is among the worst rotation players in the entire league. He's shooting 31 percent from the field and is coughing the ball up on nearly 20 percent of the team's possessions when he's in the game. His defense, never his strong suit, has gotten even worse. His shot-clock usage given his poor play is staggering. Sadly, any decisiveness he once had before the knee injury has been lost, as he's seeing plays a beat too slow and isn't getting into the lane to create a play. Consider the awfulness of this possession from Monday's loss to the Nuggets, one that was poorly executed by all, but especially Maynor.

Maynor pls

Perhaps the most laughable stat of all? The Wizards have been outscored by 29.3 points per 100 possessions when Maynor is in the game, per NBA.com. In other words: if Maynor played all 48 minutes of all 82 games at his level, the Wizards would lose by nearly 30 points each time. That's an incredible amount of damage yielded in Maynor's little court time.

post-31731-Rudy-Misfits-gif-disgusted-Img-QceB.gif

Kendall Marshall freaking has to be better than Maynor. Hell there are probably several guys in the D League that are better, Whittman is an idiot for playing him so much. He's done.

Top Bottom