• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

So according to Grantland Morey asked for two firsts and the right to swap another future first from Charlotte for Asik, loooooool. I bet that conversation ended really fast.

Fail

how do you feel about Kemba moving forward--extension worthy?

Unless we use our pick this year on another point or we trade for someone better we have to extend him. And I'm lukewarm about that prospect. He hasn't shown me enough development in his game management and distribution abilities. We have actually been running a lot of our offense through McRoberts believe it or not. And I don't know if that is more telling of Kemba's ability to run an offense or if it's just dumb coaching. I'd probably be higher on him if we actually had another guard capable of running an offense, that way I'd have someone to compare him to. Our outside shooting is still too limited to get a fair gauge of how well he would run a balanced offense, hopefully we'll address that soon and find out though.

... I made fun of Webber, that wasn't complaining. I also made fun of Barkley for picking OKC and being on their jock. You ain't show shit. Go to bed bro, you're drunk.

Yes but like a Vag post, we know "TRAIL BLAZERS" is encrypted in those posts the same way "KOBE BRYANT" is in his!

Fox318

post-31731-Rudy-Misfits-gif-disgusted-Img-QceB.gif
Sounds like a future knick

"This year hasn't been ideal, certain things are not ideal for me, but that's not going to change any time soon."

When asked why the season has not been idea, Gasol said: "What do you think? I'm not going to say anything, but it's easy to see. You see a guy with a certain skill set, where does it fit better, where it doesn't."

Gasol said he has not talked at all to D'Antoni about his role and sounded irked.

"I don't pay attention," Gasol said of D'Antoni's criticism about his toughness. "Mike is sometimes all over the place, I don't give much credit to things like that."

Pau misses Phil so much.

Hopefully he takes the minimum and plays for the Grizz next year.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Unless we use our pick this year on another point or we trade for someone better we have to extend him. And I'm lukewarm about that prospect. He hasn't shown me enough development in his game management and distribution abilities. We have actually been running a lot of our offense through McRoberts believe it or not. And I don't know if that is more telling of Kemba's ability to run an offense or if it's just dumb coaching. I'd probably be higher on him if we actually had another guard capable of running an offense, that way I'd have someone to compare him to. Our outside shooting is still too limited to get a fair gauge of how well he would run a balanced offense, hopefully we'll address that soon and find out though.
I completely agree. Its almost strange how Kemba ran the offense more in his rookie year than he does now. Even then, Diaw ended up taking that job from him later on...

He DID do it before and it wasn't some horrific train wreck. It was unorthodox but effective as hell. Now? He doesn't even get a chance to for any long stretch of the game.

Pau Gasol doesn’t like how he’s featured in D’Antoni’s offense. He didn’t speak to reporters following morning shootaround Friday here at Chesapeake Energy Arena, but the Lakers’ forward in recent days has attributed his 14.4 points per game average on a career-low 41.7 percent shooting toward D’Antoni’s system not featuring him enough in the post.

D’Antoni’s response?

“It’s also a nice excuse not to play hard,” D’Antoni said. “That’s a classic, ‘I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.’ Well, you don’t have trouble getting up to the paystub line. You know what you need to do to get your check. You know what to do. They will. They’ll figure it out.”

“That’s one thing. They don’t want to do it that way. I understand that. That’s when you have to accept it or not. But there’s no reason not to play hard.”

Pringles brings the hammer down, but both guys are just avoiding the truth of Pau being done. Pau has gotten over a third of his possessions in the post this year and has done terribly there this year though so it's kind of a weird deflection.

Pringles brings the hammer down, but both guys are just avoiding the truth of Pau being done. Pau has gotten over a third of his possessions in the post this year and has done terribly there this year though so it's kind of a weird deflection.

Yeah, he's been bad. Partially due to injuries. I think he needs to slim down to be more effective, again. It's sad.

This situation doesn't look like it will ever be fixed. If there's a trade for Pau out there, it will be done. Pau won't be here next season, I'm pretty sure.

Will always be one of my all-time faves.

pau is still dealing with tendinitis on his ankles iirc.
with that said, i really hope mitch trades pau to a contender.
trade him for a bag of dicks for all i care.

I completely agree. Its almost strange how Kemba ran the offense more in his rookie year than he does now. Even then, Diaw ended up taking that job from him later on...

He DID do it before and it wasn't some horrific train wreck. It was unorthodox but effective as hell. Now? He doesn't even get a chance to for any long stretch of the game.

I don't understand the reasoning at all. McRoberts is a really good passer, but he's not anywhere close to being a playmaker. Kemba's best asset is playmaking, but it's mostly random. He isn't getting the practice to really get a feel for everyone's offensive strengths.

It's really frustrating, especially when you see Sessions out there not doing shit to set up plays for his teammates. Other than Kemba I'm just tired of our backcourt really. I feel like we wouldn't be running this offense if we had better fitting players.

giri

Yeah, he's been bad. Partially due to injuries. I think he needs to slim down to be more effective, again. It's sad.

This situation doesn't look like it will ever be fixed. If there's a trade for Pau out there, it will be done. Pau won't be here next season, I'm pretty sure.

Will always be one of my all-time faves.

Pau hinted he wanted to go back to Mem to play with Marc.

That would be a over skilled front court with those two out there.

I don't understand the reasoning at all. McRoberts is a really good passer, but he's not anywhere close to being a playmaker. Kemba's best asset is playmaking, but it's mostly random. He isn't getting the practice to really get a feel for everyone's offensive strengths.

It's really frustrating, especially when you see Sessions out there not doing shit to set up plays for his teammates. Other than Kemba I'm just tired of our backcourt really. I feel like we wouldn't be running this offense if we had better fitting players.

To be fair, asking a guard to create offense when both of his wings can't shoot the three is just asking for chaos.

It's really unfair to everyone on the team. Your post guys are dealing with congestion, your wings can't slash because there's no reason to play tight, your ISO guy gets smothered...there's just no spacing to work for anybody.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Good stuff lately goin on, got to watch the rockets/blazers game, damn Lamarcus is an absolute machine when he's on. First game in a while that I was pretty impressed by dwight, footwork is starting to show up at least a little bit down there. Also Robin has turned in to quite a servicable center. Hits all his FT, tough down low, good rebounder, etc.

Celts are doing all the right things lately, losing games, but also playing well enough. I fell like Jeff Green has to have at least some teams interested. I like the moves from SAC and TOR, should make both teams better, or at least good enough to finish ahead of the celts (fingers crossed), also Trey Burke has that Jazz team movin. I think the bucks unfortunately have the bottom spot sewn up at this point, I just need some ping pong balls for the celts, lets see some moves soon though Danny, full tank mode is just around the corner.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Pacers have 11 players with a DRtg below 100. The two that don't have played less than 100 minutes total.

Give it time, he'll crack.

You might be right :

Woj said:
As New York Knicks executives work to convince owner Jim Dolan he should ignore public criticism and complete a deal for Kyle Lowry, the Brooklyn Nets are gaining traction as a possible destination for the Toronto Raptors point guard, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Knicks are desperate for a point guard, and their front office had a deal together that would've sent Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace and a 2018 first-round pick for Lowry.

The Knicks' front office is determined to re-enter talks on Lowry, league sources said, but it is unclear how they will try to amend a trade package – or whether they're willing to return the original offer to the table. Without the future first-round pick, there's little chance of the Knicks landing Lowry, sources said.

Even when Dolan tries not to sabotage himself, his own people work against him.

To be honest though, if the pick's protected that deal's still kinda trashy unless they can make the Knicks take back Fields too.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You might be right :

Even when Dolan tries not to sabotage himself, his own people work against him.

To be honest though, if the pick's protected that deal's still kinda trashy unless they can make the Knicks take back Fields too.

I think no matter how the deal goes its actually a good deal for the Knicks. Getting Felton's salary off the books is totally worth a 1st in 2018.

The public loves to mock the Knicks but its really not that bad of a deal.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I will physically start shaking and let out a fuuuuuuuu if they get varej.

Harden is nice but I'm not sure I can take both of their antics. The combined force might tear out my eyes.

Only thing worse would be pau gasol on this team for me

Pau as a Rocket would put me in deep depression. Ive hated that bitch since he came into the league.

Doesn't matter anyway, Morey isn't gonna help out any West teams imo

I think no matter how the deal goes its actually a good deal for the Knicks. Getting Felton's salary off the books is totally worth a 1st in 2018.

In a vacuum maybe, but if they can't offer another pick in a trade until 2020 (!) and are not going to be in 3 of the next 5 drafts, that's pretty dumb. And you're doing it so you can land a middle of the pack PG who's going to be a free agent in the spring anyway. You know they're going to get fleeced to re-sign him, they're capped out with barely any other tradeable assets.

Plus, it helps the division rival you're trading with. But I get why they think they need to do it - they're desperate to get Carmelo to stay, and they don't want the Nets to get Lowry and make them look bad(er).

Varejao for Asik doesn't quite make sense, he currently complains about being a back-up to Dwight Howard, but realistically will be behind Bynum in Cleveland?

Flash

I think its a crap deal for us tbh. I like that Felton would help the tank but his contract is too long. I don't see him being an easy piece to move because of it. I'd prefer to have as much flexibility as possible and minimize these useless long term contracts.

And the 2018 pick is too far away for me to care that much about. Who knows how things will look then... The Knicks has a ton of cap space coming into play in 2015 and who knows, they may just be competent.

Varejao for Asik doesn't quite make sense, he currently complains about being a back-up to Dwight Howard, but realistically will be behind Bynum in Cleveland?

you think Morey cares about what Asik thinks?He isn't going to Cleveland anyways. They have no one Houston wants/needs.

Also guess which duo in the NBA have the greatest +/- in the League?

Kevin Durant and
Reggie Jackson

HANG TIME WEST – The Suns, obviously encouraged by a promising start and with several attractive assets at their disposal, are making it known around the league they are open to trading one or more picks in the loaded 2014 draft if they can get an established star capable of making an impact now, NBA.com has learned.

From trading away one of the best players on the roster for a guy out for three months to try to intentionally lose to this, woah.

They have the 6th best offense in the league with Bledsoe as their main guy while also starting PJ Tucker and Miles Plumlee, it's insane.

giri

From trading away one of the best players on the roster for a guy out for three months to try to intentionally lose to this, woah.

They have the 6th best offense in the league with Bledsoe as their main guy while also starting PJ Tucker and Miles Plumlee, it's insane.

Dragic / Bledsoe / Plumlee and in particular the Morris twins are balling.

It's a stupid idea though. Makes literally no sense.

This, THIS is a sarver move. Sigh.

Top Bottom