• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Now I see where Heat fans get all of their sensitivity from. All I know is Wade is feeling some sort of way right now, and it's not sarcasm.
dwyane wade is better than any player in the history of the portland trail blazer franchise

....but honestly what the fuck are you freaking out for

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
dwyane wade is better than any player in the history of the portland trail blazer franchise

He's not, and everyone knows this.

....but honestly what the fuck are you freaking out for

Was I the one that Instagrammed an obvious sarcastic headline and take it at face value and then acted all offended? Oh, nope. That wasn't me. That was Wade.

He's not, and everyone knows this.

Was I the one that Instagrammed an obvious sarcastic headline and take it at face value and then acted all offended? Oh, nope. That wasn't me. That was Wade.
he has more championships than your whole franchise

can always count on Princess Reilo to make something out of nothing on a tuesday afternoon where you act more offended than wade

reilo

he has more championships than your whole franchise

can always count on Princess Reilo to make something out of nothing on a tuesday afternoon where you act more offended than wade

I wasn't the one that posted the Instagram you dummy, it was someone with a Lebron James avatar. I pointed out that Wade is a dummy for taking the headline at face value and acting offended.

Why are Heat fans such pot-heads?

lol talking about Monta.

What's funny is Monta still sucks.

Did you know that Dallas is 9 points better when Monta is on the bench?

The truth is Dallas is better this year because they have some other better players and Dirk is back to being elite yet no one is talking about Dirk (almost 14 points better when in the game!)

I wasn't the one that posted the Instagram you dummy, it was someone with a Lebron James avatar. I pointed out that Wade is a dummy for taking the headline at face value and acting offended.

Why are Heat fans such pot-heads?

#Bronmustaplayedforcavsnotcavaliers

If you count that as acting offended you might wanna re-evaluate who here is really sensitive

Pablo Prigioni ‏@PPrigioni9 1m
No es buen momento tener una lesión. Espero volver pronto y poder ayudar al equipo en este momento en que más se necesita de todos.

Pablo ;_; Heal up my man

---

Knicks also apparenty recalled Chris Smith from the D-league. Its almost admirable how many new frontiers of shit the Knicks discover. Haters havent seen anything yet.

Pablo Prigioni ‏@PPrigioni9 1m
No es buen momento tener una lesión. Espero volver pronto y poder ayudar al equipo en este momento en que más se necesita de todos.

Pablo ;_; Heal up my man

---

Knicks also apparenty recalled Chris Smith from the D-league. Its almost admirable how many new frontiers of shit the Knicks discover. Haters havent seen anything yet.

It's not a good time to have a... something. I hope to return soon and be able to help the team in this moment when needed more than ever? My spanish is a bit rusty.

reilo

If you count that as acting offended you might wanna re-evaluate who here is really sensitive

Oh right, because there's no obvious precedent to this...

QfDhOv3.jpg

Wade NEVER gets offended over what someone else says. He especially doesn't post about it on Instagram, either.

Forever

Banned
I warned Knicks-age but you guys didn't listen.

chris smith will likely have to be cut for that roster spot the game after JR comes back.....

Will CAA even allow them to do that?

what does CAA care they got there money.

I dunno man, the fact that he's still on the roster now tells me that the powers that be in the Garden want him to stay there.

man its the day after stop reaching.

what are you doing Ainge

you can get Asik + Brooks(lol) for Rondo + fillers or Asik + Lin ;)

don't trade Rondo to the kings for garbage. give Ainge Jimmer though

"I think he's doing fine," Sixers coach Brett Brown told the Philadelphia Daily News. "I think his spirits are fine, I think his body, physically, continues to develop and look good. He likes wearing those tight shirts, and I'm proud of him. If I had a body like that, I'd do the same."

Uh...

Branduil

What's funny is Monta still sucks.

Did you know that Dallas is 9 points better when Monta is on the bench?

The truth is Dallas is better this year because they have some other better players and Dirk is back to being elite yet no one is talking about Dirk (almost 14 points better when in the game!)

How many times are you going to take those +/- numbers out of context? Dallas is +16 in the Calderon/Ellis/Marion/Dirk/Dalembert lineup. The numbers are skewed by the Calderon/Ellis/Wince/Marion/Blair lineup which is -32 for obvious reasons which can't be blamed solely on Ellis.

Dirk is obviously in much better shape this season, but there's also no question for anyone who watches the games or looks at the stats in context that Ellis has made things easier for Dirk.

The real problem for the Mavs is that their center rotation is trash and Marion and Wince are both done.

what are you doing Ainge

you can get Asik + Brooks(lol) for Rondo + fillers or Asik + Lin ;)

don't trade Rondo to the kings for garbage. give Ainge Jimmer though
Asik? Are you sure you love your team?

How bout S&T granger and something for rondo? Lol
Ed: idk if salaries would work, but my guess is it can.

Emwitus

How many times are you going to take those +/- numbers out of context? Dallas is +16 in the Calderon/Ellis/Marion/Dirk/Dalembert lineup. The numbers are skewed by the Calderon/Ellis/Wince/Marion/Blair lineup which is -32 for obvious reasons which can't be blamed solely on Ellis.

Dirk is obviously in much better shape this season, but there's also no question for anyone who watches the games or looks at the stats in context that Ellis has made things easier for Dirk.

The real problem for the Mavs is that their center rotation is trash and Marion and Wince are both done.

I don't even think that should be debatable.

The Mavs are better with Ellis on the bench than Carter on the bench.

All of Carter's numbers with Nowitzki are also good, just like Ellis'.

The main problem is that the Calderon-Ellis lineup cannot defend anyone at all.

Calderon-Ellis-Marion-Nowitzki-Dalembert + 4
Mekel-Carter-Crowder-Nowitzki-Blair +12

Monta's WS/48 has also dropped to just slightly above average on the season as it's dipped a bit of late. Last 9 games shooting 42% and barely getting to the FT line.

Ellis-Calderon was always going to be the worst backcourt in the NBA on defense and it shows. The team cannot rebound when Ellis is in the game, which was always true for the Warriors and the Bucks.

I specifically mentioned that if Ellis starts to regress to his norm on offense, his +/- will turn south fast. I've been right. When I last brought it up, he was -1 to +1 on the team. Since his numbers regressed the last 9, his total has dipped to -8.

By the end of this season, you're going to be eating the crow i serve.

Branduil

The Mavs are better with Ellis on the bench than Carter on the bench.

All of Carter's numbers with Nowitzki are also good, just like Ellis'.

The main problem is that the Calderon-Ellis lineup cannot defend anyone at all.

Calderon-Ellis-Marion-Nowitzki-Dalembert + 4
Mekel-Carter-Crowder-Nowitzki-Blair +12

Monta's WS/48 has also dropped to just slightly above average on the season as it's dipped a bit of late. Last 9 games shooting 42% and barely getting to the FT line.

Ellis-Calderon was always going to be the worst backcourt in the NBA on defense and it shows. The team cannot rebound when Ellis is in the game, which was always true for the Warriors and the Bucks.

I specifically mentioned that if Ellis starts to regress to his norm on offense, his +/- will turn south fast. I've been right. When I last brought it up, he was -1 to +1 on the team. Since his numbers regressed the last 9, his total has dipped to -8.

By the end of this season, you're going to be eating the crow i serve.

LOL okay. Last year Ellis was +3.5 on the Bucks despite putting up career lows. Now he's putting up better numbers on the Mavs but has a negative rating.

Mamba logic: Ellis was obviously a better player last year. Context and the other players on the court don't matter. Please ignore that virtually all of the Mavs' best lineups this year include Ellis.

LOL okay. Last year Ellis was +3.5 on the Bucks despite putting up career lows. Now he's putting up better numbers on the Mavs but has a negative rating.

Mamba logic: Ellis was obviously a better player last year. Context and the other players on the court don't matter. Please ignore that virtually all of the Mavs' best lineups this year include Ellis.

They were -1 with Ellis out there. Their bench was worse, however, so they were 3 points better with him on the floor but still negative, overall.

Dallas is positive with him on the bench and negative with him out there. Calderon-Ellis cannot defend anyone.

Branduil

They were -1 with Ellis out there. Their bench was worse, however, so they were 3 points better with him on the floor but still negative, overall.

Dallas is positive with him on the bench and negative with him out there. Calderon-Ellis cannot defend anyone.

But whether he's positive or not depends entirely on the other players on the court. The largest sample size is the Calderon/Ellis/Marion/Dirk/Dalembert lineup, which is +16.

It would be more accurate to say that Calderon and Ellis should only both be on the court at the same time when Dirk is also in the lineup. It's the Calderon/Ellis/Wince/Marion pairing which is really killing them. Hopefully with Wright back they will stop playing Marion so much at PF.

masud

Banned
So Amares out again with knee swelling for "a while" which in Knicks speak means the rest of the year. It's all good Chris Smiths gonna turn everything around....

So Amares out again with knee swelling for "a while" which in Knicks speak means the rest of the year. It's all good Chris Smiths gonna turn everything around....

Amare already said he disagrees with Woodson's assessment... is ANYBODY on Woodson's side these days? I feel bad for the guy.

Truphenom

Amare is saying he isn't injured and is just missing the trip to Milwaukee.

Edit: Beaten like the Knicks at home

giri

Curry Love P/R D would be as bad as they were good on O

I actually don't thinik a Curry/Love PnR would be that great.

It works best when there's a legit threat of one of the two players going to the rim, and in particular, with a strong burst of athleticism. But there just isn't with that pairing.

Top Bottom