• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

But whether he's positive or not depends entirely on the other players on the court. The largest sample size is the Calderon/Ellis/Marion/Dirk/Dalembert lineup, which is +16.

It would be more accurate to say that Calderon and Ellis should only both be on the court at the same time when Dirk is also in the lineup. It's the Calderon/Ellis/Wince/Marion pairing which is really killing them. Hopefully with Wright back they will stop playing Marion so much at PF.

No, that lineup is +4.

Dirk's top 2 lineups with Ellis is +4 and +1. Without him it's +22 and +4.

Yeah, I agree the rest of Dallas isn't anything special. My point is that the difference between Dallas last year and this year is mostly Dirk being elite. It has little to do with Ellis. He isn't helping the team. His defense and rebounding is so bad it negates whatever he does on the other end which has now started to regress to his mean (which is bad).

By the end of the year, you will be probably asking to trade Ellis over summer.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I actually don't thinik a Curry/Love PnR would be that great.

It works best when there's a legit threat of one of the two players going to the rim, and in particular, with a strong burst of athleticism. But there just isn't with that pairing.

They would be a pick and pop pair

Branduil

No, that lineup is +4.

Dirk's top 2 lineups with Ellis is +4 and +1. Without him it's +22 and +4.

Yeah, I agree the rest of Dallas isn't anything special. My point is that the difference between Dallas last year and this year is mostly Dirk being elite. It has little to do with Ellis. He isn't helping the team. His defense and rebounding is so bad it negates whatever he does on the other end which has now started to regress to his mean (which is bad).

By the end of the year, you will be probably asking to trade Ellis over summer.

Okay Hollinger.

giri

They would be a pick and pop pair

Yeah, but when both of them so obviously want to step back behind the 3pt line... i mean, it'd be good, just, not great. They'd be better off running a PnR where Love was the trail man not the screener, like what PHX used to do with Frye to get him all those open looks.

I actually don't thinik a Curry/Love PnR would be that great.

It works best when there's a legit threat of one of the two players going to the rim, and in particular, with a strong burst of athleticism. But there just isn't with that pairing.

Westbrook/Love in LA

Has kyrie found his fucks yet?
Still pretty inconsistent. He had a great 2 game stretch though lol.

Maybe I had Kyrie's offense as too elite in my head. I thought that this would be the big leap year that he'd be putting up 24+PPG this year but maybe I overrated him. I don't buy the whole "first time he's playing defense" excuse either.

Or maybe it's all Mike Brown's fault. Which is a legit option.

Pau is carrying the Lakers on his back... which clearly means he hates the Lakers.

Edit: Kobe is doing his best to save the day, though. Keep on turning it over, serpent.

Top Bottom