• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

NrRcd8u.png
Spike Lee said:
For A Few Select Games My Main Man Ray Allen Will Wear JESUS SHUTTLES WORTH On THe Back OF His Jersey. The Legend Of HE GOT GAME Continues To Grow.Da Greatest Joint About BALL Ever Made.YA-DIG? SHO-NUFF
kinda cool

giri

Not exaggerating at all when I say this was a borderline must-win game. I got the feeling that if the lakers lost tonight it would be like the final push of the snowball down the hill. I dunno why exactly, just had a gut feeling this will be a huge game. Similar to last year when i predicted that win @OKC that triggered a huge run to end the season and make the playoffs. This game wasn't at that level but it was very important. Against a good opponent... Griz are tough especially at home even without their gasol.

No gasol, no Conley, injured miller and apparently injured prince.

It was barely a d-league team.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Gotta admit, that's pretty dope

inb4 Stern shuts it down just to troll Spike

Asik is pretty much gone now:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
With Rockets determined to make Omer Asik deal within 48 hours, Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, 76ers most serious suitors, league sources tell Yahoo.

All eastern teams lol

Chris Grant already said the Cavs aren't in the active trade talks

Why would we trade for Asik, to be a backup, when he's demanding a trade because he's a backup?

Asik is pretty much gone now:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
With Rockets determined to make Omer Asik deal within 48 hours, Hawks, Celtics, Cavs, 76ers most serious suitors, league sources tell Yahoo.

All eastern teams lol

I'd trade Milsap for Asik ASAP and finally move Horford to PF. Hawks are way too undersized.

I'm gonna be impressed with Morey if he finds a way to get a 1st round pick from a bad/mediocre team for Asik. Also no fucking way he could get an all-star for him lol.

giri

No pondexter too. I didn't even know a few of the cats out there during the game.

Memphis outtanked lakers tonight.

Yeah, and pondexter i believe is done for the season.

If that's true, Memphis really need to make a trade happen.

It sucks so much cause that team was good to watch last year. It was just nice ot watch them be so methodical about what they did.

It sucks so much cause that team was good to watch last year. It was just nice ot watch them be so methodical about what they did.

Pau to the Grizz for a future 1st

I'm sure The Suns would give up a bunch of draft picks for Gasol.

giri

I'm sure The Suns would give up a bunch of draft picks for Gasol.

I'd also scream in joy, but it won't happen.

I wish doe....

Bledsoe
Dragic
Tucker
Frye
M.Gasol

with a bench of Green, Morris twins, and Plumlee?

I'd almost believe in a deep play off run.

yes i know, entirely hypothetical and no way suns would keep everyone in a trade

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
And the Grizz were so hot when they came back from that 4-0 Californian trip. How fucking depressing.

Emwitus

They got rid of there coach. Don't think that was gonna happen this season.

10 painful years supporting raptors

Whatever, we've had some really great memories over the last 10 years. The Bargnani trade, the Turkoglu trade to Phoenix, the time Colangelo finally got fired, the time Rob Babcock got let go, the time Mike James wasn't re-signed, everything to do with Sam Mitchell, the time Araujo got traded away...

I have fond memories of all those things, and I will regale my grandchildren with thrilling tales of each one. Bargnani trade should have its jersey retired.

Pkaz01

I'd also scream in joy, but it won't happen.

I wish doe....

Bledsoe
Dragic
Tucker
Frye
M.Gasol

with a bench of Green, Morris twins, and Plumlee?

I'd almost believe in a deep play off run.

yes i know, entirely hypothetical and no way suns would keep everyone in a trade

I love gasol but I don't know if he would work in our system. I haven't watched him enough but can he keep up with the pace? Miles works because he is fast and athletic for a big,Gasol seems like he is better in a slower half court system. It might have the terry porter shaq effect on us.

Omzz

Whatever, we've had some really great memories over the last 10 years. The Bargnani trade, the Turkoglu trade to Phoenix, the time Colangelo finally got fired, the time Rob Babcock got let go, the time Mike James wasn't re-signed, everything to do with Sam Mitchell, the time Araujo got traded away...

I have fond memories of all those things, and I will regale my grandchildren with thrilling tales of each one. Bargnani trade should have its jersey retired.

smh. how could you forget kevin oneill. rick carlisle puts him up there in his top 5 among the greats such as larry bird.

giri

I love gasol but I don't know if he would work in our system. I haven't watched him enough but can he keep up with the pace? Miles works because he is fast and athletic for a big,Gasol seems like he is better in a slower half court system. It might have the terry porter shaq effect on us.

Gasol can run. But plumlee isn't exactly leading the break, he's just being used in the PnR. Which Gasol can do just fine. And he gives you the options of posting up, elbow jumpers, and elite D.

I'm not hating on miles, he's great so far. But Marc is the best or second best C in the league.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It was the last of Lillard's 36 points to go with 10 assists and 8 rebounds. The 3-pointer was his eighth of the night in 12 attempts, a new career best for him. Put all those numbers together -- a player who hits eight 3s in a game isn't going to have 10 assists too often, as you might guess -- and it was a performance that had not been seen since Jason Kidd in a game in April 1995.

Pkaz01

Gasol can run. But plumlee isn't exactly leading the break, he's just being used in the PnR. Which Gasol can do just fine. And he gives you the options of posting up, elbow jumpers, and elite D.

I'm not hating on miles, he's great so far. But Marc is the best or second best C in the league.

He has a good mid range too which is always great. I wouldn't mind at all but it depends on what we give up like all trades will. I'm still more worried about pf and sf

otapnam

Payton
Shaw
Kidd
Lillard

All from oakland/alameda east bay, producing some PGs fo sho

Jeremy Lins from pa across the bay, pretty damn close though

giri

He has a good mid range too which is always great. I wouldn't mind at all but it depends on what we give up like all trades will. I'm still more worried about pf and sf

PF is a weird spot in the offence the suns are running because of the spacing they want.

Besides, PF's are in short supply at the moment. Thanks to Amare dieing, milsap hitting his ceiling, bosh playing C, z-bo regressing, pau sucking, david lee giving up, blake being nothing other than Rudy Gay in PF form, Love still not playing D, ibaka being meh,

Dirk, LMA, and Horford might be by far and away the best PF's with out much competition.

jbug617

Banned
ESPN latest on Asik.

Interesting scenario here.
One possible scenario that has emerged, sources say, is a three-way trade in which Boston lands Asik, Cleveland absorbs the contract of Celtics forward Jeff Green and Houston scores no fewer than one of the future first-round picks it covets for surrendering Asik. Other players would have to be involved in such a trade to make the salary-cap math work, but it's the sort of trade that would fall in line with Cleveland's well-known focus on upgrading its options at small forward.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...track-trade-omer-asik-boston-celtics-emerging

Cloudy

Banned
Watching the Grizz game right now. This is by far the best Kobe has looked since coming back. Very fast (on offense at least lol) and his ballhandling and jumper looked great.

Still needs to cut down on the turnovers though. Hopefully Farmar can come back this weekend

Cloudy

Banned
I also noticed this tonight. There were few shitty pick and pops for Pau. He got in the post and made determined, aggressive moves. Why can't he do that every night?

Could it be pace? We played much more methodical (the opposition's play-style was obviously a factor)

Tom Penny

So Ainge is all done with winning and wants Gerald Wallace to be the starting SF actually what am I thinking. They are dumping Jeff Green for Asik and Bass would be the SF. No picks Danny...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Hey let's be fair here. We've had 3 good seasons to remember out of this shitpile:

The first year the team started and we somehow beat the Bulls. You remember that? Such joy and jubilation! The Skydome sure was rocking.

Second Vinsanity at it's peak, when we beat the Knicks in the playoffs for our only playoffs series win to date and being a shot away from the Conference finals. Those were good times right?

And lastly year 1 of Colangelo, when we won the Atlantic. All those Europeans and Chris Bosh, it felt so good didn't it? Let's not talk about the playoffs part of that but we won the Atlantic!

jjasper

I just don't know what they have to trade. Seems the only tradable players are Prince and ZBo. There is so much local pressure to keep Zach I doubt they will do it and Prince still has another year on his contract after this year, no one is going to take him.

Just play the year out, let Marc sit out all year and hope you get a good athletic SF in the draft. See if Zbo really will opt out and take less money like he says, use Prince's expiring (and/or Zach's if he doesn't). The only risk to that would be if Davis actually started playing better and his value jumped to the point of being unable to resign him, which I doubt happens but who knows.

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman about 11 minutes ago
#Knicks made an offer to #Rockets in 3-team deal for Omer Asik but are on outside looking in. Shumpert involved.
They'd have to be the 3rd team and not actually getting Asik. I can't see Asik going to a team where he wouldn't start.

Not sure I get the Asik-Green rumors. Morey is a stat guy (and Asik rates awesomely in plus or minus so he fits Morey's model), Green's stats range from average to bad...so?

Top Bottom