• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

linsivvi

Marc Berman @NYPost_Berman 56 minutes ago
That play by Bargnani demonstrates to me how he's been with a losing program in Toronto for so many years, it's in his blood.

Berman, that pussywillow and his pylon D was our losing program. There's a reason at the end Toronto fans booed him the moment he checked into the game. The only thing saving him in New York is the number of people who are already in front of him in the hate line.

Too bad he's still with a losing program.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Came in to say that Bargani may just be the worst player in the league... why does this guy still have a job?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bargnani averages more TOV than 3PTM, and the three ball is supposed to be his strong suit. Not to mention his abysmal rebounding. That dude flat out sucks.

Bargnani averages more TOV than 3PTM, and the three ball is supposed to be his strong suit. Not to mention his abysmal rebounding. That dude flat out sucks.
I can't think of a single player that averages more threes than turnovers. What a meaningless statistic.

reilo

I can't think of a single player that averages more threes than turnovers. What a meaningless statistic.

Lillard, Curry, Matthews, Korver...

Kevin Love is almost right there... Rasheed Wallace did it for years...

reilo

Okay not Curry, but still. Plenty I can think of.

JR Fucking Smith makes more threes than turnovers. And he's a fucking guard.

Ryan Anderson: 3.4 3PTM, 0.9TOV

reilo

I didn't realize how good Ryan Anderson has been from three this season: 7.7 3PTA and 43.5 3PT%.

giri

I didn't realize how good Ryan Anderson has been from three this season: 7.7 3PTA and 43.5 3PT%.

Yup. Nuts.

People talk stretch 4's and leave him off their list. But he's a legit starter. I sort of want him to wind up in memphis to just see how crazy their O would be with some spacing for marc & conley

Jonm1010

Banned
Yup. Nuts.

People talk stretch 4's and leave him off their list. But he's a legit starter. I sort of want him to wind up in memphis to just see how crazy their O would be with some spacing for marc & conley
Yep he's one of the few good contracts we have secured with Demps at the helm.

He's been in a slump recently though. If it weren't for these last few games his numbers would look godly.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Looking at the West standings, Phoenix and maybe Denver are the only teams that might not make the playoffs. And even then Golden State and Minnesota are much better than the Lakers. I really don't see how LA makes the playoffs without roster improvemnt.

If Kobe gets this team in the WC playoffs coming off achilles surgery, he's the GOAT

There are much worse teams that have been carried to the playoffs by stars. Much, much worse..

ALso 49/50 from the FT line (before tonight).

If only he shot better from 2 than like 45%, he's be insane.

5NoEbY9.png

Still, dude is killing it.

Dartastic

Not going to come in here and pretend I'm a huge basketball guy (definitely a soccer fan first) but I just gotta say, holy fuck, Blazers. And Lillard. That three? Whoa. Fuck yeah, Portland. How in the span of one year are our teams turning around so well? I mean, in the case of the Timbers I get it. Reilo? Educate me please.

Zep

Banned
Not going to come in here and pretend I'm a huge basketball guy (definitely a soccer fan first) but I just gotta say, holy fuck, Blazers. And Lillard. That three? Whoa. Fuck yeah, Portland. How in the span of one year are our teams turning around so well? I mean, in the case of the Timbers I get it. Reilo? Educate me please.

Reilo knows all things Timbers. Its his 2nd favorite sports franchise in Portland. Slightly beating out the Winterhawks.

reilo

They added a center worth his salt that is a perfect compliment to LaMarcus, LaMarcus found another gear (and became an amazing rebounder), Batum and Matthews are healthy, Mo Williams is giving Portland really good back-up minutes, as is Joel Freeland and Thomas Robinson which is a vast improvement over the bottom-ranked bench of last season.

Stotts also adjusted the offense and realized that LaMarcus shouldn't be initiating from the freethrow line ala Dirk, and instead has the guards spread out and feeding him the ball into his sweet spot on the lower-left block.

Plus, this roster really likes playing with each other.

Reilo knows all things Timbers. Its his 2nd favorite sports franchise in Portland. Slightly beating out the Winterhawks.

I've seen 1.5 Timbers games in my lifetime.

JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith 18 Dec
Lol 17 threes tho! Had to say damn my self!

JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith 18 Dec
But trust me give me that chance again I'll shoot it again!
oh dear...

EDIT: for you Cloudy
Alan Hahn @alanhahn 1 hour ago
I know this: Brandon Knight, who had 22 points in the first half, had two points on 1 of 6 shooting in the two OTs. Shumpert was on him then

Dartastic

They added a center worth his salt that is a perfect compliment to LaMarcus, LaMarcus found another gear (and became an amazing rebounder), Batum and Matthews are healthy, Mo Williams is giving Portland really good back-up minutes, as is Joel Freeland and Thomas Robinson which is a vast improvement over the bottom-ranked bench of last season.

Stotts also adjusted the offense and realized that LaMarcus shouldn't be initiating from the freethrow line ala Dirk, and instead has the guards spread out and feeding him the ball into his sweet spot on the lower-left block.

Plus, this roster really likes playing with each other.

I've seen 1.5 Timbers games in my lifetime.
All are good things to know. If you wanna go see another Timbers game, let me know. I have two tickets to the preseason tournament we hold every year in February. I'll bring the whiskey. ;)

reilo

All are good things to know. If you wanna go see another Timbers game, let me know. I have two tickets to the preseason tournament we hold every year in February. I'll bring the whiskey. ;)

Only Timbers game I seen in person was when they were playing AC Milan's U21 team... that was like almost a decade ago LOL.

But I'm in!

Dartastic

Only Timbers game I seen in person was when they were playing AC Milan's U21 team... that was like almost a decade ago LOL.

But I'm in!
I'll make sure to get in touch. I have tickets for 209 but I think I'll be able to get army tickets. :)

Also, Timbers games are SOOOOO FUNNNNNNNNNNN.

Edit: just know some of the basic chants and be ready to sing them. That's the only requirement. ;)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
btw the NBA fined Jason Kidd more for spilling his drink than both elbows combined..

AcridMeat

Banned
Ahahahahahha that Knicks game went into double overtime? And that Bargnani shot? Oh my goodness. JR with 17 3 attempts hahahahah

Most entertaining team in the league.

Can they become NY Mets level of bad?

Sumidor

Just saw the Bargnani play.. If only the Knicks had Javale. Imagine a lineup with JR Smith, Bargnani and Javale. Melo or Tyson would kill someone.

Throw in Nick Young for the hell of it and I would buy League Pass.

Saw the three point shot everyone was talking about on my phone. At first, I was wondering what you big deal was because my phone didn't render the score, so I thought the kicks were down when he shot it. Then my phone render the score box....and I lold. Haha

Btw, did I tell you guys I almost died right before Thanksgiving? Like, was in the ER almost died?

Top Bottom