• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
And just last night Emwitus predicted that Kobe will be GOAT for willing the Lakers into the WC playoffs.

Cloudy

Banned
certainly debatable. Seems that compensating an injury from one leg with the other increases likelihood of injury

WTF he collided with Tony Allen and hyperextended his knee in the last game.

I know you guys want to have your narrative but some of us actually watch Lakers games (someone has to lol)

And just last night Emwitus predicted that Kobe will be GOAT for willing the Lakers into the WC playoffs.
There's plenty of time left. He'll be back by the all-star break (Feb 14-16 is AS weekend). Kobe, Nash, Farmar, everyone will be healthy and ready to make a run.

Lol pop. These schedule makers/tv companies never learn. Nationally televise the 1st game of a b2b spurs game and not the 2nd game. I would have thought they noticed it by now lol.

Damn another Kobe injury.. me thinks Lakers will win like 5 games w/in that 6 weeks Kobe recovery.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Never mind, for some reason I thought RAPM had updated, brain malfunction, sorry.

And it seems Monta was only rated well by that last year, so yeah, never mind...

Pretty annoyed that BR doesn't have this year's shotcharts and Advanced Play-By-Play working.

That "over compensation" line has basically become a buzzword. Everyone uses that phrase when something like this happens regardless of how it happened. It's a borderline meme.

I'm not saying it isn't true sometimes but it needs to be looked at on an individual basis, not just a blanket statement every time this situation occurs.

That "over compensation" line has basically become a buzzword. Everyone uses that phrase when something like this happens regardless of how it happened. It's a borderline meme.

lol.
have you ever tore a muscle or a tendon tear?
your mind loses confidence on that area.
you have to teach yourself psychologicallly to trust that area when it heals.
and in the mean time, your body will compensate until full confidence is back.
go back to your corner, you dont know shit as usual.

lol.
have you ever tore a muscle or a tendon tear?
your mind loses confidence on that area.
you have to teach yourself psychologicallly to trust that area when it heals.
and in the mean time, your body will compensate until full confidence is back.
go back to your corner, you dont know shit as usual.
You don't think elite, professional trainers and the best doctors money can buy game-plan for this during rehabilitation of a pro athlete of Kobe's stature? Sit down.

giri

Thad Young asks for trade:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2013/12/19/5228322/thaddeus-young-trade-sixers-rumors-nba-omer-asik

Well, he is a decent player playing on a just horrible team (the 76ers are the 18th worst team of all time going by SRS and I think that will get worse as the year goes along) that's trying to lose so I guess I understand it.

Thad has also given them years of solid service.

I think really though, he doesn't want to be left out of any trade to the rockets.

If the rockets could get hawes/thad for Asik that would be pretty great.

It would also mean the 76'ers have Asik, Noel, MCW as their core going forward.

Like Amare
Microfracture surgery is even more devastating than an Achilles tear. You picking an extreme case like this only proves my point (I said "sometimes it applies"). Also, Amar'e doesn't work anywhere near as hard as Kobe when it comes to training and rehabilitation in the off-season.

You don't think elite, professional trainers and the best doctors money can buy game-plan for this during rehabilitation of a pro athlete of Kobe's stature? Sit down.

so you've never experienced a tear before.
so you dont know jack shit about the psychological aspect of rehab after a tear.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I do know that every older player with the same injury has never been the same...

so you've never experienced a tear before.
so you dont know jack shit about the psychological aspect of rehab after a tear.
A random civilian having a tear and recovering from it physically & mentally isn't comparable to Kobe-fucking-Bryant having one. This shouldn't even need to be said. I have to go to night class and take a final.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A random civilian having a tear and recovering from it physically & mentally isn't comparable to Kobe-fucking-Bryant having one. This shouldn't even need to be said. I have to go to night class and take a final.

lol

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Microfracture surgery is even more devastating than an Achilles tear. You picking an extreme case like this only proves my point (I said "sometimes it applies"). Also, Amar'e doesn't work anywhere near as hard as Kobe when it comes to training and rehabilitation in the off-season.

Are trying to pull a tom penny?

Also good luck on the final.

hey everybody, heavy just said kobe is the next step of evolution.

Top Bottom