• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Branduil

I'm done with the basketball. It's no better than professional wrestling at this point. Actually, screw that. At least in professional wrestling the fixing makes sense. This is just spiteful, hateful debauchery from the king of slugs.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm done with the basketball. It's no better than professional wrestling at this point. Actually, screw that. At least in professional wrestling the fixing makes sense. This is just spiteful, hateful debauchery from the king of slugs.

hahaha. couldn't be more wrong there :(

also basketball isn't fixed. quit being ridiculous.

Nori Chan

I pay good money, to the refs, if we can get salty brandy all day everyday

Picked up Gerald Green right in time
Best-Cry-Ever.gif

Branduil

I don't know why Brandy expects more from a team with Monta Ellis and that starts DeJuan Blair

What I expect is at least a pretense that the players will get to decide the game. The Mavs could have a team of Steroids Nash, Bionic Jordan, Lebron, Dirk, and Cyborg-Hakeem, and Stern would still find a way to screw them. What's the point? The collective illusion that sporting matches mean anything only works if the rules are fair AND fairly enforced. We might have De Jure fairness in the rulebooks, but the execution ensure De Facto screwjobs. The game tonight was exactly the same as if there was an official rule stating the Mavs' opponent starts with 10 free points. It's a farce, and it's not even an entertaining one.

What I expect is at least a pretense that the players will get to decide the game. The Mavs could have a team of Steroids Nash, Bionic Jordan, Lebron, Dirk, and Cyborg-Hakeem, and Stern would still find a way to screw them. What's the point? The collective illusion that sporting matches mean anything only works if the rules are fair AND fairly enforced.

So if Stern is all powerful and out to screw the Mavs, no matter what, explain 2011.

Why would he suddenly relent?

Branduil

So if Stern is all powerful and out to screw the Mavs, no matter what, explain 2011.

Why would he suddenly relent?

Some gods like to be capricious. Especially the sadistic ones who like to toy with their prey. And don't forget that Cuban held his tongue for that whole playoff run; it was just another way of Stern throwing his weight around. Give Cuban a bone AND show him who's boss at the same time. But now he has no reason to pretend to be fair any more.

I love watching NON sprint full speed.

Get your own nicknames!

Some gods like to be capricious. Especially the sadistic ones who like to toy with their prey. And don't forget that Cuban held his tongue for that whole playoff run; it was just another way of Stern throwing his weight around. Give Cuban a bone AND show him who's boss at the same time. But now he has no reason to pretend to be fair any more.

You can't possibly seriously believe this.

Go to bed, you're drunk.

linsivvi

You should try not to watch so much anime.

Top Bottom