• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

"The Rockets home game against the Lakers on January 8 has been moved to 7 PM & will no longer be televised on ESPN."

lol ESPN wants no part of the Lakers even with them facing Howard again.

I blame Kobe.

As someone that has to deal with shitty ESPN calls of the Laker games when they are on ESPN, this is great news. Means I will get the 'Time Warner Cable SportsNet' feed instead.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
G6xeDkV.gif

"The Rockets home game against the Lakers on January 8 has been moved to 7 PM & will no longer be televised on ESPN."

lol ESPN wants no part of the Lakers even with them facing Howard again.

I blame Kobe.

It's about time. They had no business playing the Heat on Christmas either.

Darnell Mayberry ‏@DarnellMayberry 43s
Russell Westbrook underwent scope surgery on his knee today to address recent swelling. He's expected back post All-Star break. More coming.

I guess coming back early wasn't smart..

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
DarnellMayberry
Russell Westbrook underwent scope surgery on his knee today to address recent swelling. He's expected back post All-Star break. More coming.

edit: beaten. still sucks for YNB.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Portland has the 1 seed on lock now right? Can't see the Spurs catching them given their struggles against good teams in the West and I can't see the Clippers or Rockets being consistent enough to make up the lost ground.

I keep telling people :-\

Sucks.

I honestly don't understand why teams allow the players to come back earlier than the timetables call for. Protect your damn investments.

Look how GB handled Rodgers. Smart move.

OKC should have waited to let YNB come back. Now, who knows how this plays out long term.

reilo

I honestly don't understand why teams allow the players to come back earlier than the timetables call for. Protect your damn investments.

Look how GB handled Rodgers. Smart move.

OKC should have waited to let YNB come back. Now, who knows how this plays out long term.

Third knee surgery in 6 months is NEVER good news. Sit his ass out til March if you have to.

Forever

Banned
DarnellMayberry

edit: beaten. still sucks for YNB.

That sucks.

I remember Gondo gave everyone so much shit when we told him YNB was coming back too early.

So Portland has the 1 seed on lock now right? Can't see the Spurs catching them given their struggles against good teams in the West and I can't see the Clippers or Rockets being consistent enough to make up the lost ground.

Clippers could make a run at it if they keep improving. Portland is 1 injury away from being irrelevant, too.

reilo

RT @MikeTrudell: News of Westbrook's knee a bummer, not a surprise. Only 2 players in the last 10 years w/meniscus tears have played 82 games next season.

reilo

RT @MikeTrudell: Re-tears/swelling of the meniscus are common after surgery prev. season. 1 large study showed no diff. in performance when player returns.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
As expected, Zach Randolph gets $25,000 fine for saying refs favored Harden, Rockets http://wp.me/p14QT0-2Ttm

He was right tho.

And the refs took Howard out of the game. Z-bo can now cry about his $25,000 since his whining won't change anything regarding the reffing in the league.

RT @MikeTrudell: News of Westbrook's knee a bummer, not a surprise. Only 2 players in the last 10 years w/meniscus tears have played 82 games next season.

As his account pointed out after, only 28% of players play all 82 so that stat isn't out of the ordinary.

I still think Westbrook came back too soon, though.

Butane123

I was initially worried that he came back too soon. With the way he was playing, I pretty much stopped. I'm surprised that news that they were monitoring it didn't get out.

Top Bottom