• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Would any coach pick harden/curry over parker?
a guard that doesn't play a lick of defense you say?
Mike-DAntoni-8.jpeg

Sucks for Westbrook.

McGary is having back surgery, man that decision not to declare was horrible.

damn Mitch don goofed

Wouldn't touch him with a pole right now

Sad hearing about Westbrook. I don't play him until March at the earliest to be honest.

Presti would be wise to offer Reggie an early extension...

Could be a blessing in disguise for OKC. Let Reggie Jackson continue to amplify his game with extra minutes and continue to give the young bench more minutes. OKC has a top 3 seed essentially on lock, so they should be able to hold fort until Westbrook is fully healthy. Durant'll get his MVP and will be supremely motivated for the playoffs.

After not finding a deal that Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey deemed reasonable for backup center Omer Asik last week, the rumors have now swirled to involve point guard Jeremy Lin as a possible package deal. Earlier this week, it was reported that Morey talked to the Brooklyn Nets about a potential deal involving Asik/Lin for Deron Williams, and now it appears that a 3-team trade is being explored with the Chicago Bulls and Atlanta Hawks.

According to FOX Sports, the Bulls have inquired about trading for Lin in exchange for Luol Deng, with the Hawks being a possible destination for Asik.

http://spacecityscoop.com/2013/12/2...olving-omer-asikjeremy-linluol-deng-explored/

fertygo

Could be a blessing in disguise for OKC. Let Reggie Jackson continue to amplify his game with extra minutes and continue to give the young bench more minutes. OKC has a top 3 seed essentially on lock, so they should be able to hold fort until Westbrook is fully healthy. Durant'll get his MVP and will be supremely motivated for the playoffs.

But OKC looked really horrible without Westbrook back then at start of season, they looked instantly better with Westbrook gimping and shoot 5-20 almost every game, I still can't fully understand that.

Clips are slowly getting better as the season progresses but I still don't think they're realistically better than a second round team at best.

All possible but they are a lot worse without westbrook. so idk

Emwitus

I can see how that screwed them last year, but what impact does that have on the next few years?

let's pretend him missing 27 games isn't going to affect there western conference standing this year or having multiple surgeries to his knees is no cause for concern.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wouldn't that give up Parsons?

Parsons is basically the Rockets MVP at this point though...

Parsons isn't going anywhere and he's not being replaced with Deng.

That article is just your typical rumor bs.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That's why I laugh when people are like "OMG he took 20 free throws! Shit must have been rigged!"

I'd say 95% of nba-gaf hates Harden. Konex leads the charge.

diehard

Fleer
Yea his defense is garbage but he isn't gonna get any better by riding the bench. It's only his third year in the league and he's still extremely young.
shit, his defense would help the tank.

Zach Lowe actually summed it up pretty well

Neither Utah big is a reliable midrange shooter who requires much respect from defenses, and the Jazz struggled to mesh Favors's pick-and-roll game with Kanter's post bullying — especially since Favors is also showing an improved post-up arsenal.

Kanter's free throw attempts are down, and he's threatening to become a DeJuan Blair–type rebounder — a guy who kills the offensive glass and vanishes on the other end. He's rebounding just 15.6 percent of opponent misses, a terrible mark for a big man, one that verges into the Andrea Bargnani Zone.5

Kanter has been a bit of a mess defensively. Corbin often has him jumping out hard on pick-and-rolls, and Kanter just doesn't seem equipped to handle that kind of movement. He has a bad combination of lumbering speed and happy feet that creates all kinds of positioning blunders.

There's a good NBA player here, especially on offense. I hope we see more of him this season.

Basically there is very little spacing with Favors and Kanter and Corbin isn't on board with the tank.

Either we need to find a way for them to work together or trade Kanter, because i think he will be pretty good.

NBA-GAF has always seemed to hate guys who draws lots of free throws. Except for the times when Dirk gets like 20-25 and it's ignored because DIRK DA GAWD
I understand the hate since one guy drawing all those fouls ins't fun to watch.

but shit if your shot isn't going down and you can get 20 free points, I can't blame the guy,blame the defense.

I understand the hate since one guy drawing all those fouls ins't fun to watch.

but shit if your shot isn't going down and you can get 20 free points, I can't blame the guy,blame the defense.

Exactly. Or blame the refs for falling for it. You do what you can to win the game. If other players could do it as well as KD, CP3, Harden, etc. they would.

giri

Yea his defense is garbage but he isn't gonna get any better by riding the bench. It's only his third year in the league and he's still extremely young.
shit, his defense would help the tank.

Corbin actually wants to win, to save his job. Because he's terrible at developing players. So the fact that Kanter doesn't even try on D unless he's playing well on O see's him benched.

Basically there is very little spacing with Favors and Kanter and Corbin isn't on board with the tank.

Either we need to find a way for them to work together or trade Kanter, because i think he will be pretty good.

oh, didn't see dIEHARD's post

NBA-GAF has always seemed to hate guys who draws lots of free throws. Except for the times when Dirk gets like 20-25 and it's ignored because DIRK DA GAWD

Think NBA-age hates to see ticky tack fouls called on wing players who aren't even trying to score just to draw fouls because the defense has them figured out.

Wow, that sucks for Horford and the Hawks. Too bad they left Bebe over in Spain this year.

The Raptors (a team trying to intentionally lose) are now the third best team in the East. They are lead by a player who their coach has benched for Bargnani and Psycho T (Advanced Stat). Their coach cannot do basic math either. Eastern Conference basketball.

No melo tonight, raps are going to troll us tonight.

[inb4 diehard and jeff say we win since there is no melo]

If you win, it won't be because there's no melo. Trading for him made the team worse, but you don't magically get those assets back with him out. The team is still better when he's there since JR still seems to be far from 100%, leaving your main scorers as Bargnani and Hardaway.

Matrix

Bev is being slammed on twitter cause of Westbrook smh

"Westbrook trending on twitter. Meanwhile, Patrick Beverley is off being useless in some hotel room getting ready for another mediocre game."

Got to love ignorant hoops fans on twitter.

Getting ready with a broken hand.

Top Bottom