• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Remember when I said Isaiah Thomas is a better player now than Nash ever was? I stand by that...

xbYy8s6.gif

Cloudy

Banned
LOL you guys just can't handle the truth. Thomas is gonna put up better stats this season (as a starter) than Nash EVER did in his career...

Eyeball test. If current Thomas played prime Nash one on one, Nash would get thoroughly dominated. Give them identical teammates and I believe the team with Thomas is also better..
doesn't make sense ok. who cares about one on one, it's a team sport.

eyeball test says that Nash is 10x the better passer and shooter and has 10x the bball iq.

but stats probably back up my eyeball test.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
LOL you guys just can't handle the truth. Thomas is gonna put up better stats this season (as a starter) than Nash EVER did in his career...

That's like... false, on so many levels.

Nash had seasons of 18.8PPG, 10.5APG, 4.2RPG, 51.2FG%, 43.9 3PT% (4.3 3PTA!!), 92.1FT%....

And I mean seasons. Plural. You are delusional.

If Kobe had gotten a team to the WCF with Shawn Marion and Boris Diaw as his best teammates, I think there would be hundreds of posts about it per day for the entirety of NBA-GAF's existence.

Cloudy

Banned
That's like... false, on so many levels.

Nash had seasons of 18.8PPG, 10.5APG, 4.2RPG, 51.2FG%, 43.9 3PT% (4.3 3PTA!!), 92.1FT%....

And I mean seasons. Plural. You are delusional.

On stacked teams.

Thomas is 21/7/4 as a starter this year and he'll only get better

PS: FG% is overrated

reilo

Steve Nash has a 60.5TS% for his career. His TS% during his Phoenix run was 61.7%

That's only comparable to like... Lebron and Durant I think. And those guys have only been doing that the last few seasons. Nash did it for his career.

Cloudy

Banned
Steve Nash has a 60.5TS% for his career. His TS% during his Phoenix run was 61.7%

That's only comparable to like... Lebron and Durant I think. And those guys have only been doing that the last few seasons. Nash did it for his career.

Okay Kobe never did that. Does that put Nash even in the same sentence as Kobe as an alltime great player? See the silliness of these advanced stats?

reilo

Okay Kobe never did that. Does that put Nash even in the same sentence as Kobe as an alltime great player? See the silliness of these advanced stats?

What does Kobe have to do... oh neverfucking mind.

19 PPG with a 116 ORtg in only 32 MPG are great offensive numbers from Isaiah though. He's putting up nearly the same WS/48 as the original Isiah Thomas did in his best season ever despite almost no defensive help to up his DWS.

But he's not on Nash's level.

SamuraiX-

SWAGlemore's defensive awareness is some of the worst I've ever seen. I honestly think he's worse than Marcus Thornton when it comes to staying with his man and that's really saying something.

Top Bottom