• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Cloudy

Banned
What does Kobe have to do... oh neverfucking mind.

Just showing that all these advanced stats mean nothing when comparing players. It seems fairly obvious to me that Thomas is a much better individual player than Nash ever was. Not sure how you all don't see it yet...

Just showing that all these advanced stats mean nothing when comparing players. It seems fairly obvious to me that Thomas is a much better individual player than Nash ever was. Not sure how you all don't see it yet...

*stops basing comparison on actual things*

Oh hey, I see it now. Sorry guys, I'm with Konex.

Isaiah Thomas is a great player (at least offensively) though. Will be interesting to see what he gets in free agency.

I watch games not PER?

PER is built to overrate chuckers like Kobe (as long as you are an NBA-level player, the more shots you take, the higher your PER is) and Isaiah Thomas' PER is amazing though (not that Isaiah is a chucker).

where was this Manu in the finals?

you fucker

Manu has played a lot better this year than last year at this point. I wonder if there were some injuries we didn't know about back then. He did say that he reworked the mechanics on his jump shot, but the big thing is better decision making

Cloudy

Banned
Isaiah Thomas is a great player (at least offensively) though. Will be interesting to see what he gets in free agency.

PER is built to overrate chuckers like Kobe and Isaiah Thomas' PER is amazing though (not that Isaiah is a chucker).

PER also overrates guys who don't turn it over and don't take lots of shots due to being on stacked teams.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Perkins had the same number of rebounds as Dwight this game. Obviously Perkins is as good as Dwight.

giri

Better than prime Shaq.
i lol'd
I still stand by wanting him more than Jefferson
But that would give you an actual talented young big man. Hornets not about that life.
Dude was unstoppable tonight. He had some dumb plays, but part of that was on his team mates.

Haven't watched the game yet, got up late. But he's been having a good year and getting better. Will have to watch it because the spurs front line should be able to handle him easily.

In Konex's perverse psychology, criticizing Nash retroactively exonerates and glorifies Kobe for his performance last season. He is legitimately, clinically insane.

Cloudy

Banned
Come back again when Isiah averaging 24/10 and 21/12 at playoff.

He probably could in that small sample size but Kings suck. I'd rather go by season average and IT will average more PPG this year than Nash ever has without being a fulltime starter. His assist will continue to rise as well

Misterhbk

Come back again when Isiah averaging 24/10 and 21/12 at playoff.

That would require the kings to make the playoffs though. Nash made those Suns teams he was on. You take him away and those teams are garbage.

Kings with Thomas are garbage. Kings without Thomas still garbage.

KingGondo

Banned
So you're saying if the Rockets called up the Thunder and offered Harden for Lamb and Adams, you'd want the Thunder to say no?
I'm just saying that we got good pieces in the trade. Anyone calling it an all-time bad trade needs to rethink their opinion in light of Lamb and Adams' performance (and OKC's record).

It's also pathetic that the Rox couldn't put up a better fight with YNB out.

Cloudy

Banned
In Konex's perverse psychology, criticizing Nash retroactively exonerates and glorifies Kobe for his performance last season. He is legitimately, clinically insane.

How is it criticizing Nash to say someone is better than him? More like I'm praising IT and using Nash as a reference

That would require the kings to make the playoffs though. Nash made those Suns teams he was on. You take him away and those teams are garbage.

Kings with Thomas are garbage. Kings without Thomas still garbage.

Ehh, the Kings are average as long as Isaiah Thomas in the game and they're the worst team in the league when he's out of the game (-0.3 to -10.9. Another stat that loves him so he's a weird player to go into an anti-advanced stats rant about...). He's a great player though nowhere close to prime Nash.

giri

I'm just saying that we got good pieces in the trade. Anyone calling it an all-time bad trade needs to rethink their opinion in light of Lamb and Adams' performance (and OKC's record).

Lamb turns out to be a complete mid level player and it wasn't an all time dumb trade?

When they gave up top 2 (when not drunk) guy at his position?

I'd want you to be my boss and grading me at the year end performance reviews. I

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

Not that it explains their poor performance, but it was their 4th game in 5 nights. Most of the starters played around 40 mins last night.

Top Bottom