• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lol your a character. Bynum on the bobcats would've been your franchise player.

If we got Bynum from his rookie year on he would've been a complete fuck up. Dude had the best possible situation of all time for a young, talented center and manged to squander it all while burning every bridge in the process. Kobe making him work, Pau teaching him everything there is to know just by being an example (because we know this motherfucker doesn't study or watch tape for shit), Shaq to piss him and everyone else off - making him look like a better person by default, Phil to dip his brain in fish oil to keep it from skidding out of his ass.

Dude is a fuckless, unmotivated, anti-team twat. He would've been exactly like Mullens on the Bobcats.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Shawn Kemp didn't have character issues, he just liked to party... with coke. Lots and lots of coke.

phalestine

aka iby.h
Have people never seen a determined Bynum play? I mean you have Beasley on your team

Even when he was with LA he had motivation and immaturity issues, and he isn't the smartest player on the court. We can definitely use him against hibbert though.
Beasley is developing into a very fine player this season, I honestly didn't think id ever seen him be so determined. Very happy for him.

Emwitus

If we got Bynum from his rookie year on he would've been a complete fuck up. Dude had the best possible situation of all time for a young, talented center and manged to squander it all while burning every bridge in the process. Kobe making him work, Pau teaching him everything there is to know just by being an example (because we know this motherfucker doesn't study or watch tape for shit), Shaq to piss him and everyone else off - making him look like a better person by default, Phil to dip his brain in fish oil to keep it from skidding out of his ass.

Dude is a fuckless, unmotivated, anti-team twat. He would've been exactly like Mullens on the Bobcats.
Bynum got injured end of story. With his first
Healthy season he averaged star numbers and was an all star. He got trained by Kareem and got better. Can't say the same for others.Any player drafted by the bobcats is fucked.
And you know who is an anti team twat? Kobe fracking bryant
Lol at pau tho, that's one way to discredit Kareem lol
Bynum is basically Byron Mullens

However, even kareem couldnt turn this guy into an NBA player

Bynum to the Heat is interesting to me. Not sure Mickey wants to pay that salary plus tax on the guy. I don't think he'd really be a problem for the locker room, because he wouldn't be that important.

Can we even afford him? Dude would probably want to get paid more than what the Heat can give....

Forever

Banned
I never really appreciated Posting & Toasting until now.

The 2013-14 New York Knicks are not basketball.

We've all seen basketball; we know how to process it, how to judge it. But what of these strange happenings, these events that occasionally find their way onto the MSG Network? Are these athletes, or amateur street magicians?

The Knicks cannot be "enjoyed" by their fans in the conventional way. The wins are tragic and the losses are farcical...or perhaps it is the other way around. A 2013-14 Knicks game is something you watch with your drunken buddies in a back alley in Tijuana -- after it's finished you can never make eye contact with any of those people ever again.

In just a shade under two months, Knicks fans have been reduced from "You're not seriously considering playing Chris Smith, are you?" to "Please put in Chris Smith, I just want to feel something!"

It is far too late to turn the Knicks into a professional basketball team. We passed that point a long time ago. Now all we can do is turn the experience of watching the Knicks into an enjoyable one.
Since the Knicks love reassigning people anyway, and since they more resemble a tin-pot Communist dictatorship than a professional basketball organization, why not simply move Woodson to a position better suited to his talents?

Comrades, I give you: Mike Woodson, Minister of Knicks Propaganda.

BbPqCJtCEAAA1aZ_medium.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bynum got injured end story.any player drafted by the bobcats is fucked.
Okay. Lets talk about Bynum. Because people definitely wanted him to get the ball rolling on his conditioning early since he really wasn't ready for the NBA game early on. As you can see, he's clearly giving one of the all-time greats his full attention.

iDs3U20vv25I9.jpg

http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/21/kareem-abdul-jabbar-criticizes-lakers-andrew-bynum-for-ego/

But about the knee injury though. Which one are you referring to? The first time he hurt his knee?

iTT0ocd1jrQgp.jpg

The second?

iv3F12RfIcSb2.jpg

Or the third time?

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/andrew_bynum_postponed_surgery_to_visit_world_cup_now_will_miss_training_camp/3289722

Or after his contract season, when all-stars really buckle down on their offseason conditioning to make sure that they have the best impact on their team over the next 4 seasons?

i1ZgggDnGy2nq.gif

He's lucky to have been able to watch and learn from dealing with Pau directly at practice because he doesn't listen to anyone and he's 'lucky' to have had Kobe on his team as anyone can tell you that its easier to fall in with Kobe's way of business than it is to disagree with him - so his ass was at practice, on time. Phil sorted out all of his mental issues best he could. Dude was a fuck up in the best position that any young center could ask for. Shit, he wasn't even half the prospect that Mullens was coming out of high school lol. Byron might've been to an all-star game if he had the same start that Bynum did. Instead, he embraced the fuckery of 7ft 3pt shots at an early age, running from the ball on defense, and being a goon in his first 3 seasons. All Bynum had to do was not be an ungrateful, self-centered, lazy, asshole with all the talent in the world and the Lakers stay a contender for 5 more years instead of bloodletting Kobe for a chance at Jabari Parker.

Every Lakers fan knows this.

You suck at being a Lakers fan.

Okay. Lets talk about Bynum. Because people definitely wanted him to get the ball rolling on his conditioning early since he really wasn't ready for the NBA game early on. As you can see, he's clearly giving one of the all-time greats his full attention.

iDs3U20vv25I9.jpg

http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/21/kareem-abdul-jabbar-criticizes-lakers-andrew-bynum-for-ego/

But about the knee injury though. Which one are you referring to? The first time he hurt his knee?

iTT0ocd1jrQgp.jpg

The second?

iv3F12RfIcSb2.jpg

Or the third time?

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/andrew_bynum_postponed_surgery_to_visit_world_cup_now_will_miss_training_camp/3289722

Or after his contract season, when all-stars really buckle down on their offseason conditioning to make sure that they have the best impact on their team over the next 4 seasons?

i1ZgggDnGy2nq.gif

He's lucky to have been able to watch and learn from dealing with Pau directly at practice because he doesn't listen to anyone and he's 'lucky' to have had Kobe on his team as anyone can tell you that its easier to fall in with Kobe's way of business than it is to disagree with him - so his ass was at practice, on time. Phil sorted out all of his mental issues best he could. Dude was a fuck up in the best position that any young center could ask for. Shit, he wasn't even half the prospect that Mullens was coming out of high school lol. Byron might've been to an all-star game if he had the same start that Bynum did. Instead, he embraced the fuckery of 7ft 3pt shots at an early age, running from the ball on defense, and being a goon in his first 3 seasons. All Bynum had to do was not be an ungrateful, self-centered, lazy, asshole with all the talent in the world and the Lakers stay a contender for 5 more years instead of bloodletting Kobe for a chance at Jabari Parker.

I can't believe you dignified Dimwittus' post with a drawn out response.

DominoKid

i don't even blame Bynum for being a dumbass. dude won the genetic lotto, fell into the perfect situation and got 2 rings and a shitload of money from a job he doesn't even love. he just out there having fun.

Vire

No thanks to Bynum. I rather lose than have him on my team.

Also, smdh Dwyane. Is it that hard to put a condom on.

Emwitus

iDs3U20vv25I9.jpg

iTT0ocd1jrQgp.jpg

The second?

iv3F12RfIcSb2.jpg

Or the third time?

i1ZgggDnGy2nq.gif

I'd read all that shit if any of it were true. You really want me to go dig up the times when Bynum backled his knees? Only the bowling incident is true

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Tony Parker is an idiot.

Fuck da Spurs too.

I swear this guy just smokes weed, listens to Drake and cries on social media all day.

L-O-L at his fans telling him to demand a trade. Bwaha

Wow. Knicks fans were calling for him to get minutes. I guess there must be some desperation pickup out there they need to clear room for.

Knicks are gonna call up Jeremy Tyler from the D-League. If he didnt break his foot he most likely would have been on the roster since Day 1.

lol forever thought he would play. nets fans stay losing.

The whole Chris Smith thing was a ruse. JR just wanted his bro to get paid. Regardless of how the season was gonna go, CS would have been on the team until his check was guaranteed. This team man.

Not on hiatus.

Agree 100%.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I swear this guy just smokes weed, listens to Drake and cries on social media all day.

L-O-L at his fans telling him to demand a trade. Bwaha

Knicks are gonna call up Jeremy Tyler from the D-League. If he didnt break his foot he most likely would have been on the roster since Day 1.

The whole Chris Smith thing was a ruse. JR just wanted his bro to get paid. Regardless of how the season was gonna go, CS would have been on the team until his check was guaranteed. This team man.

Between this and the nets. I'm starting to get into college ball man. I think that should be the move for NYC basketball fans stop paying these franchises to do everything but win consistently.

I'd read all that shit of any of it were true. You really want me to go dig up the times when Bynum backled his knees? Only the bowling incident is true

Dude, Bynum is moody as fuck and acts like a petulant child.

Has the greatest Laker center of all time (and arguably the best ever) personally coaching him and he basically said, "Fuck you, Cap, I got this."

Playing for the Lakers?

He would go all out when he felt like it and mail it in when he didn't. Did you watch post games with Bynum in losses when he mailed it in? He had an "oh well" attitude all the time.

Lakers-Age used to kill Bynum (and Odom) for that zero fucks given attitude.

Bynum is unmotivated but playing with a championship minded team and coach like Jackson shielded a lot of that shit from fully bubbling up to the surface. Now, that Bynum is "on his own" look what he has done...look at his behavior. He goes to Philly, has a huge press conference and gets a warm welcome from the fans--gets himself hurt bowling, never plays a single minute for them. Goes to Cleveland, has the same antics, a falling out with his coach.

The big difference is, if he had of started with the Cavs, he would have never developed to the degree he did and would have been out the league in 2 or 3 years in.

LOL he put up another

faa687b8719a11e3a75412cf7ba95f6c_8.jpg

PROVE TO ME YOU LOVE ME WOODSON PROVE YOUR LOVE TO ME

Between this and the nets. I'm starting to get into college ball man. I think that should be the move for NYC basketball fans stop paying these franchises to do everything but win consistently.

Man, I'm still sadly emotionally invested in this shit. I cant wait until the day I can just enjoy basketball and not feel any shame because I'm from NY

Top Bottom