• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ropez has been so good for Portland. I'm really liking his play on this team. He does just enough and doesn't demand the ball.

Cheddahz

Banned
u3DWd1B.jpg

At least I get to claim I'm the regular season champ after finishing 12-2. Too bad I'll get lit up in the playoffs.

Oh crap! I forgot I was in this league, but I managed to win 4 games...so that's not bad

reilo

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
We're one of the worst defensive rebounding teams in recent memory when Gobert isn't playing :(
That's really odd. Looking at their roster, that should be their strong suit. Tonight they just had some really stupid lapses when they didn't even bother boxing out or just boxing out and somehow forget to jump up to even contest the rebound.

reilo

First ASG ballots come in tomorrow. I expect Aldridge to be the13th most voted PF.

giri

Ropez has been so good for Portland. I'm really liking his play on this team. He does just enough and doesn't demand the ball.

I was saying it when the suns made their WCF run. He's really good and does a lot of off ball non-stats stuff that translates to making everyone else better.

He's a good one to have next to LMA. He'll do the dirty work LMA isn't prone to doing.

#rolo

reilo

Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd allegedly used "a 13-letter word" against assistant Lawrence Frank during a blow-up at some point following the team's loss in Orlando on Nov. 3.

In an expletive-laced rant, Kidd told Frank to sit down and be quiet.

"I'm the coach of this [13-letter word] team," Kidd said, according to NBA.com.

"How do we quote 'motherfucking' without saying 'motherfucking'?"

Jan |OT| This is my 13-letter word title

diehard

Fleer
decently competitive game , get that L, some young guys looked pretty good.. not a bad game.

Evans played his worst game ever though that was disappointing

reilo

Jazz guys discussing whether Portland will have 2 or 3 All-Stars. Not sure Dame makes it, but they seemingly think he's a lock.

reilo

@CHold: A LaMarcus Aldridge fan is about to get tossed out the game, but LA still signs his jersey for him. Bench loves it.
@CHold: The fan threw his Aldridge jersey down to the bench, Aldridge caught it, signed it and got it back to the guy.

lol that is phenomenal.

giri

Jazz guys discussing whether Portland will have 2 or 3 All-Stars. Not sure Dame makes it, but they seemingly think he's a lock.

They could legitimately have none.

I could see love/dirk/blake/TD being the pfs. curry/cp3 the PG's.

Not saying they wouldn't be deserving, LMA should be in there.

Maybe it being a "bigs" category will help LMA sneak in. Particularly with Marc out hurt.

reilo

They could legitimately have none.

I could see love/dirk/blake/TD being the pfs. curry/cp3 the PG's.

Not saying they wouldn't be deserving, LMA should be in there.

Maybe it being a "bigs" category will help LMA sneak in. Particularly with Marc out hurt.

Nah, LMA makes it over Dirk and Love (he's been playing like ass lately, and LaMarcus is putting up numbers) given his team's record. Coaches are pretty good about picking reserves over the years, it's Stern fucking shit up with injury reserves.

FYI: LaMarcus is #1 in FGM, #7 in scoring (maybe higher now?). That was even before they played tonight.

The list is amazing, (and a day old):

FGM:
  1. LaMarcus Aldridge-POR 199
  2. LeBron James-MIA 192
  3. Paul George-IND 184
  4. Blake Griffin-LAC 171
  5. Kevin Durant-OKC 170
  6. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 169
  7. Evan Turner-PHI 164
  8. Monta Ellis-DAL 163
  9. Al Horford-ATL 162
  10. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 160

FGA
  1. LaMarcus Aldridge-POR 419
  2. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 392
  3. Paul George-IND 385
  4. Kyrie Irving-CLE 368
  5. Kevin Durant-OKC 359
  6. Evan Turner-PHI 359
  7. Monta Ellis-DAL 345
  8. DeMar DeRozan-TOR 337
  9. Rudy Gay-TOR 335
  10. Kevin Love-MIN 335

Emwitus

Nah, LMA makes it over Dirk and Love (he's been playing like ass lately, and LaMarcus is putting up numbers) given his team's record. Coaches are pretty good about picking reserves over the years, it's Stern fucking shit up with injury reserves.

FYI: LaMarcus is #1 in FGM, #7 in scoring (maybe higher now?). That was even before they played tonight.

The list is amazing, (and a day old):

FGM:
  1. LaMarcus Aldridge-POR 199
  2. LeBron James-MIA 192
  3. Paul George-IND 184
  4. Blake Griffin-LAC 171
  5. Kevin Durant-OKC 170
  6. Carmelo Anthony-NYK 169
  7. Evan Turner-PHI 164
  8. Monta Ellis-DAL 163
  9. Al Horford-ATL 162
  10. Dirk Nowitzki-DAL 160