• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

LuchaShaq

Banned
That's really odd. Looking at their roster, that should be their strong suit. Tonight they just had some really stupid lapses when they didn't even bother boxing out or just boxing out and somehow forget to jump up to even contest the rebound.

Kanter is a good offensive rebounder but bargnani esque on the defensive glass.

I just voted for the all star game

jgdEJWY.jpg

yeahhhhhh!

torn between Howard and Brow Wow, damn that was tough tbh

Emwitus

Wade? Smh.

I suppose since it's the east, options are limited

Hold on, no paul George on your list? Afraid he'll get the MVP?

diehard

Fleer
She was on glee

well how the hell would i know that

Also, Wes and Damian both walked over and shook the hands of all the Jazz coaches, can't hate on those guys they are classy as shit. Letting Wes go was the biggest mistake the franchise has made in recent years.

What was Dy and Faze's bet again? That the Bobcats would make the playoffs? If so I'm starting to like Dy's chances. We're actually trying to win games. I guess mediocrity is where we want to be. Thanks MJ....:(

At least we're in the East and we're not as incompetent as the Kings, Cavs, Nets, and Knicks.

KingGondo

Banned
What was Dy and Faze's bet again? That the Bobcats would make the playoffs? If so I'm starting to like Dy's chances. We're actually trying to win games. I guess mediocrity is where we want to be. Thanks MJ....:(

At least we're in the East and we're not as incompetent as the Kings, Cavs, Nets, and Knicks.
That's the thing, though. This is the one year it pays to be completely incompetent.

Unless you're the Nets or Knicks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bryan Colangelo weighs in on the Rudy Gay trade:

“I put a high premium on talent and character, and Rudy Gay has an abundance of both,” said Bryan Colangelo, the former Raptors general manager who acquired Gay from Memphis last January in a deal that was widely regarded as a salary dump by the Grizzlies. “Obviously, Pete (D’Alessandro) has a mandate to increase the talent level of his team as opposed to depleting it. This move is a pretty good indication of that.”

effzee

Holy shit burst out laughing at the new thread title. Brilliant!

Have to go to wife's company holiday party tonight so have to put the Heat Pacers game on record. Is everyone playing for Miami?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Reminds me of Holmgren trashing the Trent Truck trade.

We saw how that turned out.

Haha I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw that.

Also heard an unsubstantiated rumour of Demar Derozan going to the Thunder for Reggie Jackson? I am enjoying all these rumours being thrown about now.

That's the thing, though. This is the one year it pays to be completely incompetent.

Unless you're the Nets or Knicks.

I just want to have a lottery pick in this draft, regardless if we use it or not. A lottery pick, Detroit's pick, and Portland's pick are assets that we could use to trade for a star player. It's a much better haul than what Houston gave you guys for Harden, so I expect an all-star player coming back if we trade our picks. It all comes down to our pick though, we'll need it to get a player of that quality back.

KingGondo

Banned
Haha I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw that.

Also heard an unsubstantiated rumour of Demar Derozan going to the Thunder for Reggie Jackson? I am enjoying all these rumours being thrown about now.
No way. DeMar's contract jumps to $9.5 million/year next season. Reggie still has this season and next on his rookie deal.

Only rotation guy I think we seriously look into trading is Thabo. And of course Perk, if some other team is that dumb.

Yea I might lose that--too early to say yet, but with the way the Cats are playing defensively it's hard to see many teams in the East being able to hold up against em.

I really don't know how to feel about this team after the last two losses we took. It's a complete failure in terms of coaching (rotations) and GM work (bench). I hate seeing Wall and Beal have to suffer through another losing season, but it's the only way we can get significant change around here.

No way. DeMar's contract jumps to $9.5 million/year next season. Reggie still has this season and next on his rookie deal.

Only rotation guy I think we seriously look into trading is Thabo. And of course Perk, if some other team is that dumb.

Taking on a rough contract is worth it if it ends up keeping Durant there, which I'm sure is Prestis thought process right now.

KingGondo

Banned
Taking on a rough contract is worth it if it ends up keeping Durant there, which I'm sure is Prestis thought process right now.
I agree, but we're not to that point yet. Besides, if we need to take on a contract then I'd rather just pay Reggie the same amount as DeMar. We might even be able to re-sign him for $7-8 million per instead of close to $10 million.

@WallaceNBA
Bosh: "It's too early for statement games."

@EthanJSkolnick
Bosh: "No, it's not a championship game. It's like the 20th game of the season. It's tough to play like there's no tomorrow when there is."

wait-whats-that-zero-fucks-given.jpg

lol he is going to get destroyed by Hibbert/West tonight

I agree, but we're not to that point yet. Besides, if we need to take on a contract then I'd rather just pay Reggie the same amount as DeMar. We might even be able to re-sign him for $7-8 million per instead of close to $10 million.

Ariza and Seraphin for Reggie Jackson and Perk?

Top Bottom