• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

D'Antoni is one of the most frivolous, infuriating, and incomprehensible coaches in the league. Not a season goes by when he doesn't arbitrarily consign a quality player into his personal purgatory indefinitely. It literally does not make sense why D'Antoni doesn't play Hill, because it's almost as though he picked his name out of a hat to use as a sacrifical lamb while he goes on some fucked up power trip for no discernible purpose.

Can't complain.

Played hard, can't do anything about not having enough talent. Schroeder looked decent. Was down on Korver's new contract but he's played fantastic in the first 3 games.

Nori Chan

Opposite of you tryna get da pipe

Ma28ean.jpg

Forever

Banned
I love underdogs. Lakers for the 8th seed, all the way.

MCW for Finals MVP. I hope he likes Indian food cause he's gonna eat some Curry tomorrow.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I’ve been second my whole life. I was the second-best player in high school. I am the second-best player on the Thunder. I was the second pick in the draft. I’ve been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in the Finals. I’m tired of being second…. I’m done with it.

(T_T) <--- Durant as he was making that commercial

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
MIAMI -- Less than a week into their second consecutive title defense, the Miami Heat are already working through some early struggles affecting their long successful union.

Having lost two of their first three games entering Sunday's matchup with the Washington Wizards, Heat stars Dwyane Wade and LeBron James admitted that some minor chemistry issues have contributed to the shaky start.

How the fuck do you have chemistry issues after winning back-to-back?

How the fuck do you have chemistry issues after winning back-to-back?

Selective quoting FTW?

Let me give you an example," Wade said prior to Sunday's game, which the Heat won 103-93 to even their record at 2-2. "If you're in a relationship with a woman for a long time, you start getting comfortable. You stop doing the little things that you should do, that you did in the beginning. It's just like a relationship. We got a little comfortable. Now we have to get back on that edge a little bit."

"It's just getting back into it -- not taking what we have for granted," James said moments later when told of Wade's comments. "We've been together so long, you start to think we can go out and make it happen instead of talking through it. We lacked that the last few games. We got a handle on it today, and we know what the issue is."

Basically, who gives a fuck, its November.

this will be good

We need a bounce back game after how horribe we played Saturday, so hopefully this will play in our favor. Our gameplan should be to attack the rim all game long to get Chandler in foul trouble. If he's on the bench and Bargs/Amare have to help defend the paint I like our chances. We play NY twice this week too, hopefully Al Jeff will be back for Friday's game in Charlotte.

Cheddahz

Banned
Dwayne Wade comparing his relationship with LeBron and Chris Bosh to that of a relationship with a female is the funniest thing I've heard in a while

Maybe he is going through a mid-life crisis?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This season is already the worst. When the Lakes lose I'm mad, when they win I'm mad. Can we get to the off-season already please...

I wish I could switch my give a Fuck light on and off but who am I kidding. I fucking care.

KingGondo

Banned
I spit out my drink.
Need I remind you that you can't teach size?

We're giving you 14'1" of post player goodness for 7'0" in exchange (a 2X value!). We'll even throw in future superstar Lamb of God.

linsivvi said:
And they could've used him to get any big man they want.
And this is when I remind Best-GAF that GMs around the league turned down Harden for deals centered on Klay, Beal, and Valanciunas. Your post is 100% false.

if the Thunder couldn't unload Perkins when they were also handing Houston the best SG in the league in a horribly one-sided trade, it stands to reason that either A) they inexplicably don't want to get rid of him and think he's actually valuable or B) his value around the league is so bad that nobody wants him, even when you are getting the best SG in the league in return.

What's with all the hate for NBA League Pass? I'm watching the Sixers play the Heat (first game for 76ers) while I'm home sick.

I watched the Lakers vs. Hawks last night even though I live in the Los Angeles area.

So far this service has been worth the $$$.

linsivvi

And this is when I remind Best-GAF that GMs around the league turned down Harden for deals centered on Klay, Beal, and Valanciunas. Your post is 100% false.

And that was when?

I am talking about right now.

It's not like nobody expected Harden to become a top player 2 years ago.

Forever

Banned
Need I remind you that you can't teach size?

We're giving you 14'1" of post player goodness for 7'0" in exchange (a 2X value!). We'll even throw in future superstar Lamb of God.

Can you swing a three team trade with Philly? Brook for MCW. Deron can come off the bench.

And that was when?

They really sold Harden at his lowest possible value. Even if they didn't want to pay him I don't understand why they shipped him out before the season even started.

linsivvi

They really sold Harden at his lowest possible value. Even if they didn't want to pay him I don't understand why they shipped him out before the season even started.

It would be like the Lakers trading Kobe after he shot those 4 airballs against Utah way back when.

Smokey

Can you swing a three team trade with Philly? Brook for MCW. Deron can come off the bench.

Presti wanted to make a statement and show up harden lolz

KingGondo

Banned
if the Thunder couldn't unload Perkins when they were also handing Houston the best SG in the league in a horribly one-sided trade, it stands to reason that either A) they inexplicably don't want to get rid of him and think he's actually valuable or B) his value around the league is so bad that nobody wants him, even when you are getting the best SG in the league in return.
Nobody thought of him as the best SG in the league when the trade happened. Sure, he had a chance in the next few years, but nobody expected him to transition to a starring role so easily.

In hindsight we could've gotten a lot more for him, but he was way undervalued at the time by the whole league, not just by us.

linsivvi said:
And that was when?

You said "and they could've used him to get any big man they want."

This assumes that Harden would've vastly increased his trade value in OKC if we had kept him around, which is highly unlikely. He played great in the playoffs (except for the Finals), and won the 6MOTY award with insane efficiency, but his role wasn't going to change in OKC. A sixth-man on a guaranteed max contract doesn't scream "trade value" for me.

I fail to see how we could've increased his value from teams saying "nah" to Harden for Beal or Klay to "getting any big man we want."

Forever

Banned
Didn't OKC trade Harden because of salary cap reasons or did they really not think that he would be a good starter?

He had a year left on his contract when they traded him right after a dismal finals performance. They literally sold as low as possible instead of waiting for his value to go up again during the season.

Also it's not like they couldn't pay him, they just didn't want to go into the luxury tax at all.

Compounding the issue is the fact that they chose to pay Ibaka over Harden.

Top Bottom