• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Had more fun watching this game than any game last season other than beating the Celtics after Dr. Buss passed away.

Everything played out perfectly:

Lakers embarrassed the stupid Dwight-Asik combo that everyone in the world outside the Rockets realize is a disaster.

Blake and Meeks went around Harden like he was a traffic cone all game long

Wes Johnson, lol, went off (for him).

Dwight scored in the post...for the Lakers.

Hack-a-Howard worked

Houston's perimeter plays defense like their opponent has the bubonic plague.

Howard's post game was as shitty as ever.

Blake Mamba hits a game winning 3 in Dwight's face. Oh, and you could hear lots of cheers in the stands too. Lots of Laker fans infiltrated Houston, tonight. great fanbase there!

Smokey was there in person!

Now I get to sit back tomorrow, watch the game, and enjoy watching Anthony Davis destroy us. This season is already more fun than last year.

Branduil

What's the problem with that though? At worst it's a good trade chip.

$15 million for a bad point guard isn't a very good trade chip. And the contract only counts as about $8 million for trade purposes so you can't even use him to trade for another large contract.

linsivvi

I thought Lin's contract is like 15 mil in the last year.

5, 5, 15 or something like that. But for cap purposes it's 8M across the board.

$15 million for a bad point guard isn't a very good trade chip. And the contract only counts as about $8 million for trade purposes so you can't even use him to trade for another large contract.

Yeah Lin's contract is bad but at least it's short. Asik's is very reasonable though.

Yeah that's what I mean. I am surprised other GMs not trying the same trick to steal mid-level players.

It only works with 2nd rounders who are RFA after their 2nd year, or something. It's kind of rare.

edit: just to clarify, it might not be rare that those players exist but it's super rare that those players are good enough to even sniff the kind of money Asik got. In that sense, it's a super rare situation.

AcridMeat

Banned
I wish I had kept watching that game. I would have loved to see Blake drain that 3 live.

Gasol had 2 points on 1-10. Goodness gracious. So damn happy the Warriors have Jermaine O'Neil instead.

It's funny I never saw too much of Dwight apart from the playoff runs in Orlando, but I always wondered why he was regarded as great when I did see him. Obviously he's a freak of nature and the potential is astounding, but to see him squander it like this by being a man baby is sad. I know it would have been bad for the Nets but it would have been something for KG to make him break down and cry on the bench.

Not that I wish that upon anyone, but he's the kind of child I could see it happening.

It sucks that Lin has become the scapegoat, though he never should have been expected to be whatever they thought he would become. I remember a couple guys becoming scapegoats on the team. No matter what they did there was something others had to say about it.

We warned y'all, Rockets age.

14kwrhk.gif

Cloudy

Banned
I fell asleep after the 3rd qtr. expecting a loss. LMAO @ Howard going 5-16 from the line in a 1pt loss. He cost us about 12 games last year the same way. Just awful...

Patrick Beverly is horrible. But its a fucked up situation because he has to start because he provides no scoring punch.

I just love all the cock blocking on Lin. Internet hates that he got paid. Well, 16ppg and 55 percent shooting just isn't enough these days

linsivvi

holy shit, did not know Blake scored winning shot over Howard. that's gotta be cathartic as fuck!

To be fair it's not Dwight's fault. Nash did a vet grab to get Blake free. From the post game interview it seems like Pringles didn't even have a play, he was trying to tank but Nash and Blake would have none of that.

But of course were Dwight able to make free throws like a normal human being they would have won comfortably.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Was there really any doubt? He was a certified child and giant asshole before he even left Orlando.

He'll get a few dudes shipped out of Houston and in a season or two the older guys will turn on him. Like clockwork.

Big difference was that 09-11 Dwight at his best was a top 5 player and worth the bullshit.

Now when he is very good instead of great? Not worth it.

That said I can't blame Morey. Getting two stars without bitch tanking is impressive to me.

Smokey

updated NBA2K14 PS4 League* list -- if i missed you let me know

1. Me
  2. Eznark
  3. CB
  4. Nightz
  5. Bob
  6. FMT
  7. Ferny
  8. DM
  9. Story *
  10. LukeSmith
  11. DCX
  12. Dark Faze
  13. rinse82
  14. Ram
  15. Sanjuro*
  16. Pheeniks*
  17. CherryWoodFuton
  18. Zep
  19. pistolepete2940
  20. brentech
  21. mastershake pls
  22. tbuc
  23. Colasante

glad everyones enjoying themselves. i saw blakes face in my dreams

As in, caring about their teams even when they suck, as opposed to leaving a playoffs game before it's over when it hasn't yet been decided, and then bitch when they can't get back into the arena.

That's Heat fan culture. Magic is literally Mr. Laker!

Smokey

Lakers fans acting like they won a championship last night :lol

You guys have fallen on hard times.

I kno rite

The only thing worse than a laker fan is a cowboys fan. Ok and a knicks fan

A combination of any of the two breaks the universe

otapnam

Didnt get to watch the game, but from the box score, it looks like beverly had a shitty ass game, and everyone is giving lin shit. Wtf?

Bev was getting shit on

Harden is too reliable on foul calls too. Once the refs call the game physical its a wrap. Probably why the Heat took his chain in the finals.

Tom Penny

D12's tenure with Houston is already more successful than it was for the Lakers. He got Mr Potato head fired and Pringles hired in about a week.

I've been looking over rosters trying to figure out which teams are likely to be players for guys getting moved. So far I figure Rondo will either be moving to the Kings (most likely) or the Rockets. Evan Turner will be getting moved to the Nuggets (most likely) or possibly the Bulls if they give up on Deng and are willing to give up the pick Charlotte owes them.

Emwitus

I beg to differ. Nothing worse than being a Lakers and a Celtics fan.

*puke*

How about a laker, celtics and cowboys fan?

Hey oh dallas gaf!

Lakers fans acting like they won a championship last night :lol

You guys have fallen on hard times.
I kno rite

The only thing worse than a laker fan is a cowboys fan. Ok and a knicks fan

A combination of any of the two breaks the universe
tumblrlgox9ffxq31qcnhhz.gif

I've been looking over rosters trying to figure out which teams are likely to be players for guys getting moved. So far I figure Rondo will either be moving to the Kings (most likely) or the Rockets. Evan Turner will be getting moved to the Nuggets (most likely) or possibly the Bulls if they give up on Deng and are willing to give up the pick Charlotte owes them.

Doesn't Rose and Chicago hate Turner? And Turner has been pretty miserable so far in his career other than these five games so I don't think his trade value is going to be high.

Doesn't Rose and Chicago hate Turner? And Turner has been pretty miserable so far in his career other than these five games so I don't think his trade value is going to be high.

Yeah, they developed a rivalry in high school and have hated each other ever since. That's why I like the trade for the Bulls. It could really help to kickstart both of them. But yeah I agree Turner's trade value is not that high.

Edit: if we could flip Henderson and a second for Turner I'd be down with that. He's a poor fit next to MKG though so I doubt we'd resign him. If he could help us get rid of Hendo though it would be a good move for us.

Is Henderson playing poorly? I remember when he resigned people were calling it a steal

He was playing like ass up until the Raptors game, but the main reason he needs to be moved is because he's a poor fit for our roster moving forward. We're probably not in a rush to move him, but I'd be surprised if he's still on the roster come next season's trade deadline.

Top Bottom