• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

LoL

Jordon went 0-6 on FT's?

ahhahahaaha. good god.

damn lol and howard was 4-12.. I think was like making half of my FT the very first couple hours that I started practicing FT's. They just gotta pack it up w/ the conventional style and start trying the rick barry style.

Seconded.

P-bev didnt put no work on his offensive game over the summer. Lin worked on that J. It shows. And Lin actually fought through screens to chase Lowry in the fourth. Shit was nice to see. McHale yelling at Lin for the open Lowry 3 was lulz tho. No help on the screen. lol

That was hilarious..I hope Lin gets moved. Mchale's coaching at this point is detrimental to him.

3zl.gif

Damn Utah. The league needs to punish teams who lose this many games in a row by taking their draft pick. Only if they win a certain amount of games in a row would they get their draft pick back.

Pkaz01

honestly fuck tanking for wiggins I can see him leaving after his rookie contract is up and heading to toronto. How do you tell a guy to stay with you when he has the option of leaving to canada and representing for the entire country he grew up in? I'd rather pick randle.

I just want a guy on our team who can shoot 3's. I am sick to death of watching us get murdered behind the 3 point line with no one on our roster, other than Ben Gordon, that can respond in kind.

Tom Penny

Damn you Ainge. Master plan. Let's hire a coach who knows nothing of the NBA we won't win while he learns. Instead he's already figuring out the NBA in a few weeks and making adjustments with medicore talent :(

3. The Pistons' big lineup stinks … at everything?

Um, so, opponents have outscored the Pistons by 22 points in the 135 minutes that Josh Smith, Andre Drummond, and Greg Monroe have been on the floor together. Everyone expected scoring to be a chore as the Pistons sorted out their spacing issues, and Detroit indeed has shot fewer 3s and turned the ball over at a ghastly rate when all three play together — indicative of all the passing through small creases required for a single good shot.

But the Pistons have given up 114.4 points per 100 possessions while playing big, so far beyond the second-worst team you can barely see it, and that just shouldn't be with all the sheer size, shot-blocking, and rebounding here. But it be. Smith will have a hard time keeping up with some small forwards, Drummond's footwork on the pick-and-roll is unsteady, and Monroe remains below average.

Let's give them time to jell with Brandon Jennings, and for Maurice Cheeks to figure out the optimal rotation. He gets points for realizing quickly that Rodney Stuckey, hot start notwithstanding, should not be on the court with the three big guys, but there's lots more to discover here.8

Dumars doing work.

Yea, the Jazz aren't ready. Favors probably isn't a franchise player--I think he might be Okafor good. Kanter is just ass defensively. Hayward is a revolving door.

I'd see about moving Hayward to the Cavs for a pick by the deadline and tanking for Jabari and Wiggins.

Vahagn

Damn you Ainge. Master plan. Let's hire a coach who knows nothing of the NBA we won't win while he learns. Instead he's already figuring out the NBA in a few weeks and making adjustments with medicore talent :(

I think I read an article where Phil Jackson was asked which of the current coaches he likes and he said Brad Stevens.

Yea, the Jazz aren't ready. Favors probably isn't a franchise player--I think he might be Okafor good. Kanter is just ass defensively. Hayward is a revolving door.

I'd see about moving Hayward to the Cavs for a pick by the deadline and tanking for Jabari and Wiggins.

This was a conversation?

Vahagn

Probably not, but I think most people expected him to be an All-Star this year and he's just not there right now.

Love/Blake/Dirk/TD/Z-BO would be an all star PF ahead of him though. Eh, I never got the Favors love, I never saw his ceiling as a top 5-8 PF in the league, that position still is pretty stacked. Especially with so many traditional 3's like Melo and Bron playing the 4 now

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Dumars doing work.

Watching them last night, that frontline puts up numbers like crazy, but whatever they put up, they give up just as easily on defense.

Drummond had 16/16, but then he let Robin Lopez put up 17/10.

Their big problem is that their perimeter defense is terrible, too.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Knicks' dysfunction turns to fantasy: N.Y. already dreaming of Kevin Love in 2015
Through the decay and debris of a crumbling infrastructure, chasing the championship parade that never marches, the New York Knicks' recruitment to retain Carmelo Anthony comes with the promise to pursue Kevin Love into the franchise's 2015 salary-cap space.

LeBron James comes free too soon (2014), Kevin Durant too late (2016), and the best, biggest star available to New York has been validating management's wanderlust with an MVP-esque start to the Minnesota Timberwolves' season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--k...dreaming-of-kevin-love-in-2015-070030695.html

:lol

Forever

Banned
lawl

Coach Nick already calling him one of the best coaches in the NBA.

In many ways, the current Celtics are similar to Stevens' Butler squads -- they're undersized and don't have a natural point guard; Stevens is trying to get five solid basketball players to perform with synergy, because that's really the only chance the Celtics have to become truly competitive. And when the game's close, he has shown enough management ability to maximize his team's chance to succeed.
No tank for you.

diehard

Fleer

lol Hayward is actually pretty decent on defense, and Kanter last year was too.. i'm hoping the dropoff for him is his 3x increase in minutes. Favors is a 14/11/2 guy with great defense.

All 3 of them are starters on a good team in the future...

Watching them last night, that frontline puts up numbers like crazy, but whatever they put up, they give up just as easily on defense.

Drummond had 16/16, but then he let Robin Lopez put up 17/10.

Their big problem is that their perimeter defense is terrible, too.

SHOCKING NEWS: The Josh Smith pickup has been ass.

Monroe is averaging 18ppg on only 13 shots per and of course smoove is averaging more with less efficiency.

Top Bottom