• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

WoJ said:
Free agent point guard Kendall Marshall had been a consideration with Jazz and remains on radar elsewhere, league sources tell Yahoo.

Kendall Marshall loses out on a roster spot to Diante Garrett but Marshall will have another shot in ten days.

Cheddahz

Banned
The shape of the Lakers right now

6HI2pEV.png

giri

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9961147/sources-nba-tries-end-costly-aba-deal

Yeah, if I'm Ozzie and Daniel Silna, this is my stance:

Fuck you. Pay me.

I mean, these guys and their families stand to make billions over the next... forever. No way could any potential settlement live up to that.

This has been a thing for years.

They'd literally be mad / insane to ever agree to a buyout on the contract. It's a 19 - 20M a year pay day with NO capital investment or risk. There is literally no better contract anywhere.

Well, ok, maybe Amare's, but his is a limited term contract.

KingGondo

Banned
This has been a thing for years.

They'd literally be mad / insane to ever agree to a buyout on the contract. It's a 19 - 20M a year pay day with NO capital investment or risk. There is literally no better contract anywhere.

Well, ok, maybe Amare's, but his is a limited term contract.
Yeah, I did the math on it, and it would pay them over $1.6 billion from 2013-2100, and that's at $19 million/year. It will surely go up massively over time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
original.gif

Bargnani with the elite defense

Hmmm maybe my favorite gif of the year. Amazing!

And just to pile on the Knicks, I said that signing Amare was a huge mistake. There's a reason the Suns didn't fight to keep him. One of the few good moves we've made the last few years. Really annoyed with them this year tho. I thought the goal was to tank?!

Fox318

Hmmm maybe my favorite gif of the year. Amazing!

And just to pile on the Knicks, I said that signing Amare was a huge mistake. There's a reason the Suns didn't fight to keep him. One of the few good moves we've made the last few years. Really annoyed with them this year tho. I thought the goal was to tank?!

Suns didn't keep him because of the years he wanted.

However the Knicks don't get Melo without Amare and if Melo stays with the Knicks the team will at least have 1 superstar on the team. Which is more than what the Knicks could have said during the Isiah Thomas years.

giri

However the Knicks don't get Melo without Amare and if Melo stays with the Knicks the team will at least have 1 superstar on the team. Which is more than what the Knicks could have said during the Isiah Thomas years.

The only difference between the suns and the knicks contract was that the suns put a condition that he had to play a certain number of minutes per season over his last 2 (maybe 3?) years of the contract, or they would become un-guaranteed years.

Which would mean they could waive him right now.

Vahagn

Dam though, Knicks got 0.5 good seasons out of Amare for 100 million. That's gotta be worse than Gunbert right?

At least Agent Zero's contract had some insurance coverage there if I'm not mistaken!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yes, Suns didn't want him at the years he wanted because they didn't think he'd hold up.

I do understand what Amare did for the Knicks, especially with respect to Melo, and, as someone living in NYC, it's been great having them be relevant again. The Knicks would probably say it's been worth it and it's hard for me to disagree. Until I look at that GIF I quoted and realize that the Knicks probably won't hit 35 wins this year.

Fox318

Yes, Suns didn't want him at the years he wanted because they didn't think he'd hold up.

I do understand what Amare did for the Knicks, especially with respect to Melo, and, as someone living in NYC, it's been great having them be relevant again. The Knicks would probably say it's been worth it and it's hard for me to disagree. Until I look at that GIF I quoted and realize that the Knicks probably won't hit 35 wins this year.

The best thing that has happened to the Knicks is going to be the Nets in Brooklyn. Long term the Nets are going to attract more free agents and more big names than the Knicks ever will under Dolan. He did everything to prevent the Olympic stadium in NYC because he wanted a monopoly on stadiums and arenas in the city, with the Barclays Center he is going to have to get a better product on the field if he wants to be relevant.

Part of me hopes that the Knicks lose every game this year in the hopes that it would lead to long term change but I only fear that it would make Dolan want to be more hands on with the Knicks.

I just saw the highlight of the chalmers to James slam, Wow!!!

Beasley has been awesome, so great to see. Now let's hope Oden works out just as well

So I got nba 2k on ps4 just waiting till Friday to play. I know it's early in the season but how are the ratings of the teams, are the pacers super good in the game?

So what happens if Wiggins and Parker collide knees tonight and both tear their ACL? Or both spontaneously tear their ALL after hearing about its existence?

Top Bottom