• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

masud

Banned
You laugh at a team barely losing on the road against a West playoff team while missing its 5 best players?

On the same day you lost at home by 20 against the Hawks while booed out of the stadium by your own fans?

Come on man just let us have this.

And I laugh because the Nets had to sit their whole team in mid November. That was certainly worth 4 draft picks.

AcridMeat

Banned
Glad the Warriors were able to close out, though it seemed more a falling out by the Jazz more than the Warriors tightening up.

O'Neil's injury looked real bad. I blame the towel on a metal detector-boy. I hope Jackson goes deeper in the bench rather than testing more minutes on Bogut. It's early in the season Jackson, let the rookies loose.

When is Ezeli back?

Glad the Warriors were able to close out, though it seemed more a falling out by the Jazz more than the Warriors tightening up.

O'Neil's injury looked real bad. I blame the towel on a metal detector-boy. I hope Jackson goes deeper in the bench rather than testing more minutes on Bogut. It's early in the season Jackson, let the rookies loose.

When is Ezeli back?

Sometime between late December and early March. (6-9 months from June)

linsivvi

ShFd7Iv.jpg

what are some good nba (espn) docs. i just watched "The Brady 6" and i had no idea about his backstory and it was well made. i have no real knowledge about the nba pre-MJ so everything will be fine.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
what are some good nba (espn) docs. i just watched "The Brady 6" and i had no idea about his backstory and it was well made. i have no real knowledge about the nba pre-MJ so everything will be fine.

Winning Time and Once Brothers are two of the best 30 for 30s.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Reilo,
I haven't watched a Portland game this season, what the hell is up with their insanely good record? Good coaching? Good chemistry? Lillard?

They started out last season just as strong and quickly lost all of that momentum. I personally am always hesitant to get giddy about a Blazers hot start, but I sure as hell do enjoy them. It's commonplace for the team, though.

They are a better team this year than last though, that's for sure.

starting to get a little nervous about oladipo, advanced stats indicate he's one of the worst offensive players in the league because he turns the ball over at such an insane rate, he's also a little chuck happy and has a very high usage rate. he's dribble penetration is legit and can get to the rim whenever he wants be his finishing ability is pretty poor, also gets blocked at the rim 30% of the time.

plus defender already though, 82games says he holds opposing pgs to a per of 2.5

starting to get a little nervous about oladipo, advanced stats indicate he's one of the worst offensive players in the league because he turns the ball over at such an insane rate, he's also a little chuck happy and has a very high usage rate. he's dribble penetration is legit and can get to the rim whenever he wants be his finishing ability is pretty poor, also gets blocked at the rim 30% of the time.

plus defender already though, 82games says he holds opposing pgs to a per of 2.5

Like I said, you don't go from being a low usage, "take what they give me" player for your entire college career and all of a sudden go to the NBA with the ball in your hand most of the time and hope to keep that same level of efficiency.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, kids a stud--but he needs a PG next to him.

Good thing is worst case scenario for your tank should be getting Exum who can take the brunt of the PG duties.

Exum, Oladipo, Afflalo, Tobias, Vucevic

not bad

WS/48

Bennett: -0.124
Oladipo: -0.050
Porter: No stats
Zeller: 0.030
Len: 0.038 (only 21 minutes total)
Noel: No stats
McLemore: 0.039
KCP: 0.081
Burke: No stats
McCollum: No stats

This start by the top ten of this class has lived up to the pre-draft hype.

Like I said, you don't go from being a low usage, "take what they give me" player for your entire college career and all of a sudden go to the NBA with the ball in your hand most of the time and hope to keep that same level of efficiency.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, kids a stud--but he needs a PG next to him.

Good thing is worst case scenario for your tank should be getting Exum who can take the brunt of the PG duties.

Exum, Oladipo, Afflalo, Tobias, Vucevic

not bad

yah oladipo gets most of his reps with e'twaun fucking moore at the other guard spot

jacque vaughn also runs almost zero off-ball action for him which is strange because he's demonstrated that he's capable spotting-up from three, it's probably a tanking move but it's painful to watch a team steadfastly refuse to play someone in his clear, natural position

i still have hope inspite of iwmtb's appalling ws/48 numbers, he's shown flashes every game of what he can eventually be but square peg/round hole is an issue.

yah oladipo gets most of his reps with e'twaun fucking moore at the other guard spot

jacque vaughn also runs almost zero off-ball action for him which is strange because he's demonstrated that he's capable spotting-up from three, it's probably a tanking move but it's painful to watch a team steadfastly refuse to play someone in his clear, natural position

i still have hope inspite of iwmtb's appalling ws/48 numbers, he's shown flashes every game of what he can eventually be but square peg/round hole is an issue.

I think Oladipo will be good as well once his role his reduced and he's not playing PG either, I just thought it was astonishing how little anyone in the top ten has produced so far. There's been basically no positive production from anyone so far which doesn't seem normal at all.

Pachimari

Hmm...

This is my first time posting in a NBA thread and the reason is, that I have gotten an extreme interest in the NBA in recent week.

It's probably NBA 2K14 which has started my interest but I remember when I were a kid, I always loved cheering on L.A Lakers.

Right now, I'm watching my first match live in years, Portland vs. Toronto and I really like Portland but how do one decide on a team? I don't think I just wanna cheer on a team which has all the stars.

I'm listening to the commenters talking about Lilard who were apparently the rookie of 2013 and then they talk about Gay who never passes the ball.

I'm trying to figure out the tactics, play styles and rules by watching matches but they don't show that many here in Scandinavia.

And why are there to Los Angeles teams in the West division? Also, there's no more than the West and East division right? No other big competitions? Don't the teams from the West meet those from the East?

So many questions for such a new guy like me heh.

Hmm...

This is my first time posting in a NBA thread and the reason is, that I have gotten an extreme interest in the NBA in recent week.

It's probably NBA 2K14 which has started my interest but I remember when I were a kid, I always loved cheering on L.A Lakers.

Right now, I'm watching my first match live in years, Portland vs. Toronto and I really like Portland but how do one decide on a team? I don't think I just wanna cheer on a team which has all the stars.

I'm listening to the commenters talking about Lilard who were apparently the rookie of 2013 and then they talk about Gay who never passes the ball.

I'm trying to figure out the tactics, play styles and rules by watching matches but they don't show that many here in Scandinavia.

And why are there to Los Angeles teams in the West division? Also, there's no more than the West and East division right? No other big competitions? Don't the teams from the West meet those from the East?

People in the states generally root for the team that is closest to where they live. Professional sports bring in revenue to a city and foster a sense of community.

Los Angeles is a major media market, that's why they have two teams in the same city. It's the same for New York which has the Nets and Knicks.

There are two conferences with 15 teams each: The West and the East. Within the conferences are 3 divisions containing 5 teams each. The 8 best teams in each conference make the playoffs, if you win your division you get home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs and guarantee a top 4 seed.

The playoffs are best of 7 series, the two teams who win their conference meet in the NBA finals to decide the league champion.

Hmm...

You should probably read the NBA wiki.

but
LA is one of the two biggest markets(New York is the other) for basketball so there's room enough for two LA teams.

There are two conferences, eastern and western. Within those conferences, teams are divided into multiple geographical divison(south east, Atlantic, etc...)
eastern teams meet western teams twice in a season(82 games), one on each team's home court.

I'd just propose that you support the team that you can watch most often since you live in Scandinavia and all, no point in supporting a team you can't watch.

Again, you should just read the NBA wiki or just google some of the terms or rules you want to know about.

Basketball and the NBA is super easy to get into.
edit: I see the poster above has some more explanations but yea)

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Who the fuck is this Blazers team? What is going on? I feel like they're not even clicking at their full potential, either.

Zep

Banned
I don't whether the raps commentators are apathetic or really professional. Usual homer announcers would be screaming from the rooftops at that blown call.

Top Bottom