• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
"RealGM ‏@RealGM

Iman Shumpert Underwent Knee Surgery In Summer, Being Shopped For Rajon Rondo, Omer Asik"

Makes no sense. Why would the Rox trade for Rondo?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
"RealGM ‏@RealGM

Iman Shumpert Underwent Knee Surgery In Summer, Being Shopped For Rajon Rondo, Omer Asik"

It doesn't say its a 3 team deal

giri

"RealGM ‏@RealGM

Shumpert is being shopped for either Rondo or Asik.

And to be fair, the Rockets need wing defense.

But so do the knicks.

giri

Wait, Lin might a part of this deal? Fuck no.

lin asik for amare shump gives the rockets cap flexibility i guess? I don't see what is in it for them to really give up lin though.

That said, the salaries don't come close to matching.

Lin + ASik is ~ 16.5M Amare + Shump ~ 23M

CSX

a friend of mine keeps saying Asik will be traded for Millsap. Hawks can move to Horford to his preferred position of PF and rockets get a PF who has a midrange shot to space the floor for Howard. That seem reasonable?

DY_nasty

a friend of mine keeps saying Asik will be traded for Millsap. Hawks can move to Horford to his preferred position of PF and rockets get a PF who has a midrange shot to space the floor for Howard. That seem reasonable?

The Hawks have ignored every opportunity to get Horford back to his natural position since they drafted him. Can't see them giving a fuck now.

Nothing stops this tank. Lets go detroit. Dont fuck it up.

If I support the tank it means I can't watch Laker games this year. I can't root for them to lose to any team but the Warriors and not feel sick in the stomach. I see the guys on the court trying so hard, even though they don't have the players to be successful.

Uh, Detroit has talent. Why do they suck?

If I support the tank it means I can't watch Laker games this year. I can't root for them to lose to any team but the Warriors and not feel sick in the stomach. I see the guys on the court trying so hard, even though they don't have the players to be successful.

Think of it this way, cheering for them to win is like cheering for them to go back to the Vlade Divac era, if that doesn't make you sick to your stomach I don't know what does.

DY_nasty

They have stupid talent. That doesn't get you wins. Even in the East.

Brandon Jennings is a crappy chucker that can't guard the bed he sleeps in.
Josh Smith thinks he's Prime Rashard Lewis on offense now that he doesn't have his own section in the crowd dedicated to yelling at him whenever he takes a 3.
Greg Monroe knows he's about to get paid to not be in Detroit.
Stuckey is the Millhouse of combo guards.
Drummond is going to be a solid, serviceable center in the league - until then, he can't help the clusterfuck of shots being put up.

And with all of that - they still can't even play defense, which is what they absolutely should be able to do given their monstrous frontcourt on paper.

1. They have a bunch of new pieces trying to fit together
2. Drummond can't make shots further than two feet away from the basket and is still learning how to defend.
3. Monroe can't make shots further than two feet away from the basket and can't defend.
4. Smith can't make shots further than two feet away from the basket and can struggle defending at SF
5. Billups is finished.
6. Jennings has been terrible.

It's still really early though and they haven't been that bad. They have problems though.

DY_nasty

1. They have a bunch of new pieces trying to fit together
2. Drummond can't make shots further than two feet away from the basket and is still learning how to defend.
3. Monroe can't make shots further than two feet away from the basket and can't defend.
4. Smith can't make shots further than two feet away from the basket and can struggle defending at SF
5. Billups is finished.
6. Jennings has been terrible.

It's still really early though and they haven't been that bad. They have problems though.
They're only going to get worse as the season goes on. You know this to be true.

They have stupid talent. That doesn't get you wins. Even in the East.

Brandon Jennings is a crappy chucker that can't guard the bed he sleeps in.
Josh Smith thinks he's Prime Rashard Lewis on offense now that he doesn't have his own section in the crowd dedicated to yelling at him whenever he takes a 3.
Greg Monroe knows he's about to get paid to not be in Detroit.
Stuckey is the Millhouse of combo guards.
Drummond is going to be a solid, serviceable center in the league - until then, he can't help the clusterfuck of shots being put up.

And with all of that - they still can't even play defense, which is what they absolutely should be able to do given their monstrous frontcourt on paper.
And maybe only one starter can consistently make a shot outside of 10-15 feet.

or maybe even 5 feet according to IWMTB lol

thekad

Banned
Shump makes no sense for Houston. We could use more perimeter defense but he'd have to mostly play at PG and we already have Beverley in that role.

I don't understand how teams keep struggling against our scrubs. It seems like every team has played down to our level. Our leading scorer is Jodie Meeks with 15ppg FFS.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I'd gladly give away Felton, Amare and Shumpert for Rondo.

But how healthy can Rondo stay?

giri

Shump makes no sense for Houston. We could use more perimeter defense but he'd have to mostly play at PG and we already have Beverley in that role.

Except Bev is terrible and Harden will handle most of the time anyway. It makes some sense.

Would allow stupid line ups like bev, harden, shump, parsons, dwight too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Well better to have Shump than a center who doesn't want to play for you
Besides Shump and Harden would be a dope backcourt

J smoove is taking 6 threes a game this season!
201307101822661650570-p5.jpg

thekad

Banned
Except Bev is terrible and Harden will handle most of the time anyway. It makes some sense.

Would allow stupid line ups like bev, harden, shump, parsons, dwight too.
Nah, Beverley is pretty much the middle class man's Shumpert and defends PGs better. I do like that small lineup though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nah, Beverley is pretty much the middle class man's Shumpert and defends PGs better. I do like that small lineup though.

He really isn't... and I would rather have Shump on almost any PG in the NBA.

Bev is a nice player and all but Shump is just about better at everything

Steve Blake's legacy is going to be as the guy who ruined the Lakers. Plays like trash for three years when we need him then in the year we can tank and get the next NBA superstar he plays well enough to make us a mediocre late first round team.

linsivvi

Steve Blake's legacy is going to be as the guy who ruined the Lakers. Plays like trash for three years when we need him then in the year we can tank and get the next NBA superstar he plays well enough to make us a mediocre late first round team.

Pringles effect.

The only thing he's good at is inflating the offensive number of mediocre players, especially point guards.

Your team has the third worst point differential in the league so I don't know if you really need to worry about this too much...

Nelo Ice

Banned

Not watching the game but seriously. We need vintage Steve Blake!. Not this tank ruining monster. He needs to be traded asap!.

linsivvi

Fucking hell, the Pistons suck. How are the Lakers going to run the gauntlet the rest of the month and lose against the Kings, Wizards, Nets and Pistons (again)?

Top Bottom