• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Nobody wants to take the shot except Lillard, and he takes a 30 footer lol.

reilo

Portland attempted 31 threes tonight, and I bet you there's some advanced stat guy out there telling everyone that they didn't take enough threes.

reilo

Portland realized that they're a bajillion times better than this Raptors team when they pass the ball around because the Raptors will give up playing defense after the first pass.

reilo

+/- stats are weird. Damian basically won this game in the end and he has a -4.

reilo

u4FlbW0.png

QXuEarC.png

East is such trash.

giri

Rudy Gay could end up being the 2nd perimeter player in NBA history (and first in 30 years) to have a season with a USG% over 30 and an AST% under 10, he's determined to make history this year.

Who is he meant to be passing it too?

Derozan can't shoot, Lowry went 1-7 from 3, and none of their bigs have range.

I'm ambivalent on the rudy gay front these days, but that team is an out and out mess.

Meh. I find it more telling that portland had to take this to OT.

reilo

10am game, up 17 in the fourth, let the crowd get back into it, Rudy Gay hit a couple of threes, lackluster defense to close out the 4th. Meh. That was just a game of runs, and Toronto got hot with 6 mins to go and then flatlined in OT when Portland decided to move the ball again.

We have injuries tho

:3

Like I said, TRASH.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Like I said, TRASH.

But we're missing our best low post option and rebounder.

Our PG is playing with an injured shoulder and our head coach was just in the hospital as well.

We're only 1 game under .500.

pls understand

:3

giri

10am game, up 17 in the fourth, let the crowd get back into it, Rudy Gay hit a couple of threes, lackluster defense to close out the 4th. Meh. That was just a game of runs, and Toronto got hot with 6 mins to go and then flatlined in OT when Portland decided to move the ball again.

Like I said, TRASH.

Yeah. Portland really aren't that convincing a team.

We have the third best point differential?

Got lots of easy wins at the start i think?

reilo

Yeah. Portland really aren't that convincing a team.

Probably not sustainable, no, but I've seen crazier things happen.

The fact that they're winning on the road and at home is encouraging, since that is most of the times a really good barometer whether a team is actually good or not.

The Blazers have had an easy schedule and their opponents aren't making any threes (Portland is first in three point defense now at under 30% and that's probably just luck) and those two things won't continue, but 8-2 is still a good start regardless.

6. As for Waiters and this illness, Mike Brown said he has been to the doctor twice and has a prescription. I’ve heard whispers Waiters knew he was going to get demoted to the second team. Did he know that and make up this illness? Is he really sick? The only one who really knows the answer to that is Waiters.

7. No one on the team has really seen or heard from Waiters since Wednesday’s game. He didn’t attend Friday’s shootaround because of this illness and didn’t make the trip to Washington for tonight’s game. No one I talked to really knows how sick Waiters is or what all this is about.

19. Brown was fired just five games into last season with the Lakers, but was quick to agree that this is easily the most disjointed start to a season he has ever experienced.

20. Andrew Bynum is starting without really practicing with the starters. C.J. Miles has started the last two games at shooting guard without really practicing. Earl Clark shifted to power forward tonight without any practice there.

21. Brown told Clark on the flight Friday night to Washington he was going to use him at power forward. They went over a few things on the flight, talked more about it Saturday morning, but that was about it.

22. “I was a little lost. I don’t know the plays yet. I was kind of running out there with my head cut off trying to figure out where I wanted to go,” Clark said. “It’s kind of been difficult on me because going out there with no practice, just going to a different position, I can’t focus on just playing.”

23. This doesn’t sound temporary. Brown had said earlier this season Clark would strictly play small forward, but it appears Anthony Bennett’s struggles to start the season have changed that. Bennett didn’t get off the bench Saturday night and Clark took his minutes, sliding between the 3 and the 4.

24. I have no idea how long Bennett’s benching will last, nor did I really ask because of so much else going on. We’ll find that out Monday after practice.

And people bitching about Irving as well.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland...s-96-ot-jason-lloyd-s-final-thoughts-1.445539

Who is he meant to be passing it too?

Derozan can't shoot, Lowry went 1-7 from 3, and none of their bigs have range.

I'm ambivalent on the rudy gay front these days, but that team is an out and out mess.

Amir, Valanciunas, and DeRozan are all very good finishers around the basket though so most guys would be able to get a lot of drive and dish assists if they were using the obscene possession totals that Gay is using.

giri

Amir, Valanciunas, and DeRozan are all very good finishers around the basket though.

Yeah. But there's no spacing at all. You can literally have 5 guys just stand around the restricted circle. Its very crowded in there.

I'm not saying Rudy is great or anything. But the makeup of that team isn't helping anything. It wouldn't surprise me if Toronto was the lowest assist team in the league. They have no offensive system what so ever. Casey should be fired for that alone. its one thing if the players can't carry out your system. Another if you don't have one.

Yeah. Toronto are dead last. 1.2 behind Utah even.

reilo

Portland's defensive rating jumped from 28th to 18th in the last couple of days, but that doesn't include today's game. It's still early in the season so it's kinda hard to gauge these numbers.

It's a good sign that they have a win against someone like the Spurs under their belt.

Lillard needs to get his ridiculously low 2PT% up as he's 22/61 in the paint and that's not good at all.

Jabari Parker is LDS and Wiggins wants to be the Raptors franchise player

Just give those guys to those teams and tell them to start trying. Then we'll know if Casey is a tank master or just bad!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jabari Parker is LDS and Wiggins wants to be the Raptors franchise player

Just give those guys to those teams and tell them to start trying. Then we'll know if Casey is a tank master or just bad!

Look at the Raptors' roster they are fucking bad and most likely deserve the 1st pick

giri

Look at the Raptors' roster they are fucking bad and most likely deserve the 1st pick

Thing is, 4 of the 5 pieces i actually like. But none of them should be your best player. Or second best. And most of them don't fit together at all.

To clarify, lowry is the player i wouldn't want on my team. Another trash Rockets PG.

Toronto needs to trade Gay and DeRozan for anything at this point. I don't see what role they can possibly have on a good team at their contracts since those guys shouldn't be starting with how insanely one-dimensional and inefficient they've gotten. Preferably, they should traded for Amare so that Gay and Melo can have a fight on the court over who gets to iso next. Then they can free Amir Johnson and send him to a good team so that the league can see that he's very good.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Thing is, 4 of the 5 pieces i actually like. But none of them should be your best player. Or second best. And most of them don't fit together at all.

To clarify, lowry is the player i wouldn't want on my team. Another trash Rockets PG.

You like DeRozan?

Eleuin

The 1st pick wouldn't fix our team but it'd be a start

I can't believe how utterly pathetic our offense is, those stats on passing and assists are embarrassing.

Keep val and trade amir to a contender

Everyone else can go in a dumpster

giri

You like DeRozan?

I think DeRozan has value.. in the right situation. I think he's massively over paid, and should be on about half what he's making. But i think he's salvageable as a player. He is ok in the post, finishes well. I think I've even seen him play defense. Which is rare up there. He also seems to try. Which again, is rare up there.

I think Rudy can be controlled, and could be your 3rd best player. He played good defense in Memphis, and has an ok shot when he's set. He really shouldn't ever be allowed to iso though and really needs to be brought under tight control in a offensive system where he's not the first or second option. Again though, he should probably be on 10m per max. Instead of the 18M this year and 19M next year.

I don't think Lowry is salvageable at this point. I think he is who he is.

giri

If Wiggins/Randle/Parker really can become superstars then if Toronto gets one, they'll alreasy have a good second option in Valanciunas ready. Trade everyone else though.

I'd say the bigger positives are that Rudy is an expiring next year, and Lowry's contract is done this year. And they've got the non-guaranteed contracts of Amir and Hansbrough to play with too.

giri

Why are we playing the Warriors again tomorrow :/

I don't know.

Why is enes kanter playing so badly?

I didn't realise he was that bad on defense. He looks completely shocked when ever he has to do anything on defense. Some of the post defense he gave up to lee/bogut were WTF.

Top Bottom